Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Due August 2013

(993 Posts)
Silver15 Wed 21-Nov-12 19:45:27

We had our BFPs in November.

Welcome aboard ladies.

Let's do this Journey together.

duende Mon 26-Nov-12 07:53:40

Morning everyone smile
My approx due date is also 1 August. Already have DS who will be four when the baby s born.
At the moment praying this pregnancy sticks.

chocolatesolveseverything Mon 26-Nov-12 07:59:06

Welcome lola and duende - congratulations!

We'll be telling close family at Christmas. Not sure about everyone else. Possibly a new year announcement.

Silver15 Mon 26-Nov-12 10:22:04

Good morning Ladies,

Welcome Lola and congrats.
I am waiting for the scan before I shout about the pg. Intend to inform my employers in January if I am successful at keeping it a secret as I work in the health sector. I have told my mum and a close friend who knew about TTC.
I'm at work so will catch up later.

Silver15 Mon 26-Nov-12 10:24:09

Welcome Duende.

Chocolate have tried drinking cold milk. I find it helpful with the heartburn.

thehomesecretary Mon 26-Nov-12 11:51:12

We're planning on telling family at christmas too- have already told my sister and two close friends who knew about TTC. Just wishing these first few scary weeks away so I can relax and be as ecstatic as I want to be!

Stopsittingonyoursister Mon 26-Nov-12 23:10:14

Hi all, please can I join?

Due date apparently 3rd August, but I'm not really sure because I had a 21 day cycle the month before, so my "average" cycle length is a bit uncertain!

This will be DC3 for me and DH; we have a DS who is 5 and a DD who is 2. We had been trying for DC3 from July, but am not looking forward to telling family and friends because I think everyone will assume DC3 is an "accident" as we have one of each already.

Going to ring Drs soon to make booking in appointment. Need to get up to date on all the info; isn't there some new advice about the supplements we should take?

Congrats to everyone else, looking forward to sharing this experience!

Hi stopsitting It's DC3 for me too - I have DS8 and DD7. Although it is the first DC for DH and me (but also DC3 for him as he has DS10 and DS8).

I also need to get an appt with the gp - sure things have changed a lot since I was last pg.

In terms of when to tell, I think we are also going to wait until after the first scan, then I think we plan to tell our mums and sisters. Then, once the 12 weeks is up we will tell the DCs and I'll let my employer know.

My due date is probably 1 August, but my cycle was a bit WTF recently so I think the scan will be a better indicator.

chocolatesolveseverything Tue 27-Nov-12 10:22:02

Welcome stop (Great name BTW!),

I've just come back from the GP. He didn't bother testing me, just took my word for it that I'm pregnant. Must've looked honest :-)

He says that as I only came off the pill in mid-August it's impossible to guess my due date properly yet. He's recommended I get a fairly early scan for them to get a better idea. So just waiting for the appointment to come through the post now. Ideally it'd be lovely to get a scan before Christmas, FX, but it'll probably be in January I guess.

BraveLilBear Tue 27-Nov-12 13:10:14

Hello ladies <waves> Congrats on all the BFPs! Please may I join you?

I got a BFP after 5 days of expecting AF to arrive last week. Was totally shocked but over the moon! Right now praying it sticks, but trying real hard to be positive, hence me joining you guys.

Theoretically, I'm due 29 July. But I identify more with a summer holiday/August baby so may I please be accepted into this particularly friendly looking band of people?

thehomesecretary Tue 27-Nov-12 13:18:05

Hello brave! Welcome and congrats!

Chocolate I saw the GP this morning too- she took my word for it, gave me a lot of bumph and arranged my booking in with the midwife. It's on christmas eve, so that will hopefully be a nice start to christmas!!

chocolatesolveseverything Tue 27-Nov-12 13:38:23

Hi Brave, congratulations!

the home, oh that's a lovely thing to look forward to just before Christmas.

What a lovely Christmas eve treat the home

I've finally managed to get an appointment with the GP for next Monday morning. Hopefully that will put things in motion quite quickly, but will wait and see.

Silver15 Tue 27-Nov-12 14:15:25

Hello Ladies,

Welcome Stop and Brave.

Brave we theoretically share the due date but I won't know till I have had a scan. I came off the pill at the start of November. They normally recommend to wait for pill free cycle but my DC2 was conceived same way. I was on the mini pill.

BraveLilBear Tue 27-Nov-12 14:46:57

Thank you for the welcome everyone!

Silver I'm in a similar boat as I've caught pg straight after an early mc in October so I'm in WTF city too! Amazing to catch straight off the mini-pill though, congrats!

Big question - anyone planning to spill the beans at Christmas? Was originally resolutely waiting til after 12-week scan, but as I don't see my family face-to-face very often, and in the spirit of positive thinking, am leaning towards an immediate family only announcement at Christmas. It will be the first next-generation child for the whole of my side of the family, so it would be nice to share it with them in person rather than on the phone...

GaryBuseysTeeth Tue 27-Nov-12 20:43:46

D'know what, I think I'll be Brave & join in too!
Due 9th Aug, however, like Bear it's a wtf cycle as I had a mc last month....not going to see GP until I'm at least 5 weeks (want to get past the point I was last pg).
We've got one DS (1yr next month).

We're, positive thinking, going to tell everyone on Christmas Eve...that way if I have another mc we don't 'spoil' Christmas for the future.

Look forward to getting to know all of you.

chocolatesolveseverything Tue 27-Nov-12 21:56:46

Welcome Gary and FX this pregnancy goes well for you. I think we're all at that early nervous stage, but it must be even more so for those who've had mc experiences in the past.

But as I keep telling myself, lots and lots of people manage to have babies, and if they can, we can too!

duende Wed 28-Nov-12 07:16:35

Good morning everyone. Anyone else not suffering from any morning sickness? In fact without many symptoms at all? I'm burping like there's no tomorrow (sorry if tmi), sense of smell is stronger, but I have no sickness and no sore boobs this time.
( and I'm of course worried its not a good thing :/ )
THe good news is I managed to book an early scan when I'm in Poland for Xmas, hopefully this will put me at ease at bit.

shineypeacock Wed 28-Nov-12 07:30:07

Morning all,

duende i'm the same have no real symptoms, feel a bit tired and burpy and get waves of indigestion but thats it!! Feel a bit of a fraud tbh!!

Got drs appointment this morning, then we are telling our parents (im 5 weeks) have family party this weekend and i know my mum will suss if i dont have a drink!!! Asking them to keep schtum tho!

Also got to tell my sister, we are very close and she has been ttc for nearly 2 years, she had a miscarrige in April and should have been due this week, she went off on hols on Monday so wont see her for 8 days but feel that although she will be thrilled for us, she will be very upset. What makes it worse is on Monday am she was asking if we wanted to join them on holiday in July (Spain) had to say provisionally yes, but i know we cant go!!

Hope you are all feeling ok, welcome to all the new BFPs

Xx

BraveLilBear Wed 28-Nov-12 12:38:52

Hey Gary <waves at TTC thread buddy> glad you're being brave too!

Having previously been very anti-early telling, I now really want to tell my family at Christmas. The challenge will be telling my mum and dad separately 1-1 (divorced) ahead of the rest, then keeping the info strictly under wraps. OH is now coming round to the idea of going down there for Xmas Day, but I need to get him on board for a late Xmas Eve arrival - the best chance to pick off the key players from the group will be Xmas Eve.

I've not been sick yet, but have felt really rough this morning - felt like I had the start of a cold, and was then gagging a bit before I left the house. Keep feeling like I'm going to wretch, which is a challenge in the offic! Def a step up from just feeling sick all day...

Silver15 Wed 28-Nov-12 19:33:45

Hello ladies,

Thanks Brave.

Welcome Gary.

I'm not breaking the news on Christmas. In the past I have waited for it to show before I let the extended family know and it's usually when we meet face to face. I have informed my mum and will let my sisters know when I see them in January.

diyqueen Wed 28-Nov-12 21:48:21

Please can I join? I think I'll be due in August - got a positive test last week. It is a planned pg, but I forgot to note down the date of last AF and now can't remember exactly when it was (duh). Was expecting conceiving to take longer this time, took 18 months for dd (who's now 20m), but only about 5 months trying this time so was a really nice surprise. Dp is happy too though his initial reaction when I told him (first thing in the morning) was to groan and pull the duvet over his head. Memories of dd as a small baby still a bit fresh I think...!

We have told our parents and I've told a close friend as well - if only so I can get a bit of sympathy if the going gets tough in these early months. I'm not going to tell anyone else til after the first scan though, whenever that is (January probably?).

Stopsittingonyoursister Thu 29-Nov-12 00:14:30

Hi All

Congrats on all the new BFPs!!

Only symptom here at the moment is very tender boobs. I've previously been VERY lucky and not had morning sickness, so I'm hoping that stays the same!

We haven't decided yet when to tell family. My Gran is in hospital at the moment after falling and breaking her wrist, and may not be allowed to go back home as she lives on her own, so family just dealing with that atm.

Haven't been to see the GP this time round, just made a booking in appt with the MW for the 10th. Makes it all seem very real!!

Shiney, I am in a sort of similar position to you with my DSis. She has a little one born 5 months after my DC2, traumatic birth, abd LO is allergic to loads of foodstuffs and we have just discovered has some sort of metabolic problem that means she gets hypo attacks (a bit like diabetes). DSis was due to start trying for her DC2 in Jan 13, but has just told us they are putting it off for a year to get their DD sorted out first. Seems so hard on them, it's almost like we are rubbing it all in their faces iyswim? But I know she will be thrilled for us (once she gets over the shock!)

Hello!
Can I join in? (seems polite to ask, but I'll probably just elbow my way in anyway)
I've no idea when I'm actually due yet, but presumably sometime in August. I had just been to the fertility clinic & started Clomid because I wasn't ovulating. I took the Clomid but had terrible nausea & fatigue and my mum convinced me to POAS. Turns out it wasn't side effects to the Clomid - I was already pregnant! (Clomid would theoretically have me ovulating next week!)
Still feeling really tired & nauseated. I can't eat bread, which I normally live on.
Told my mum & dad (because they both suggested I was upduffed when I still thought it was impossible), but waiting to tell everyone else until after the scan.

Hippymama Thu 29-Nov-12 07:25:59

Can i join too? Got my bfp last night and think I am 4 weeks today smile got lots of crampy type pains but got them last time too so not as frightened by them as I was in my first pregnancy. Last time I had hyperemeis and threw up for nine months, have been sick twice so far (which is what led me to take a test!)

shineypeacock Thu 29-Nov-12 07:40:27

Morning all,

Well an exciting day yeasterday, went to the Dr yesterday morning(who is a family friend) and he was delighted for us, he then gave me a booking in firm for the childrens centre and a maternity form to sign, so all delt very real!!

Told both sets of parents yesterday too, DH works with his and we have family party with mine at weekend.

Then took my booking in form to local childens centre and i can see the midwife for my 1st appt on Monday, will only be 6 weeks next week! Feels all a bit fast!

Also had to tell my auntie as she is a community nurse from the drs practice and would suss my out at the weekend.

My keeping it quiet wont last too much longer i dont think, i live in a very small town, and lots of people i know use the childrens centre, so me pitching up there on Monday (only time its a midwife clinic) is a bit obvious!!!

Also does my DH need to come to the first meeting with me?? Will it just be a form filling in exercise?

Sorry for the rambeling post xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now