Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Due August 2013

(993 Posts)
Silver15 Wed 21-Nov-12 19:45:27

We had our BFPs in November.

Welcome aboard ladies.

Let's do this Journey together.

shellshock7 Tue 11-Dec-12 11:38:42

Yeah, I used them when pregnant with DS gary, this is my second miscarriage now unfortunately sad

Hope all goes well for you smile

Sugarkane Tue 11-Dec-12 12:12:25

So so sorry Shell, hoping this time is painless for you. Good luck if you decide to try in he future. Really am very sorry x

blondecat Tue 11-Dec-12 12:26:31

Bzzbee
I am not sure about the NHS but the Swiss guidelines say any time you find you are pregnant and its the fly season. They just don't want you to get the flue. Period

Shell
I am so sorry. But at least you get pregnant. That's the most important thing.

Becky Shane - fingers crossed they stick.

I am 5 + 4 today based on ovulation date. Another early scan due on Friday. I am so so scared after 2 MCs in last year. Perhaps this time we will be lucky. Had a scan last Friday following 12 hours of bad backache and got to see a nice round sack but nothing else. Obgyn says that's how it should be. If the dates match 100 percent Friday would be the first day to see heartbeat. If they don't it is Sunday so I might try and rescan Monday.
I know he will tell me not to worry but i know now that early heartbeat is so important.

One day at a time.

Christelle2207 Tue 11-Dec-12 12:39:47

so sorry to hear this. hope dp is being supportive at this horrid time x

So sorry Shell.

Christelle I am/was a runner too. I was running about 12-14k 3-4x/week, but I had to stop due to injury & that's when I got pregnant! I'd started back before I got my BFP, but I'm only running about 6k twice a week. I'm so tired and nauseated all the time and I lost quite a bit of fitness in the time I was off. Congratulations on keeping going! I found the first trimester really hard last time too and eventually gave up running at about 5 months when it got icy, but I wasn't doing much by then anyway.

I had a scan yesterday as I'd been referred to the fertility clinic because I wasn't ovulating. Turns out I'm probably 8 weeks already! Do this should be a July baby. I've booked in with the midwife for Friday. I didn't need to see the GP first, fortunately.

We're off to visit the in-laws for 4 days this weekend, so I think I'll probably be found out, since I can't eat any of my favourite foods & I'm knackered. I really didn't want them to find out yet, but if they ask I'm not going to lie.

Really sorry shellshock. Take lots of care of each other xxxx

So sorry shell sad

And good luck sugar and beckie

I did a clearblue digi last night (too impatient to wait for FMU!) and I got bfp 3 weeks plus, so I am probably a little over 5 weeks and my hormone levels are increasing as they should be. Had some very light staining in CM (sorry tmi) this morning tho, but it was really just a very thin tinge of pale brown not at all like the bleeding I had the last time at 9 weeks which was, unfortunately, more like heavy spotting and bright red and which did not end well. Keep trying to remind myself that very light staining at 5 weeks is normal, likely to just be implantation bleeding, HCG levels are apparently fine and I have no cramping. But of course after last time even the slightest tinge of anything at all sets alarm bells ringing sad If that's all there is I'm just going to try and wait it out and discuss it with GP when I see him on 20th, hopefully he will refer me over for an early scan cos forking out £90 for a private one right around xmas will be a bit ouch... In the meantime...STAYING POSITIVE (through gritted teeth lol)

Sorry to hear your news shell sad

Good luck to everyone else with concerns, scans etc.

BraveLilBear Tue 11-Dec-12 13:50:17

Really sorry to hear that Shell take good care of yourself and good luck for next time.

Christelle and TotallyEgg I'm a runner too, but have found it so hard to get out. Had an injury shortly before BFP so was out of action for a few weeks, and have only managed to get out once since BFP. Took it very easy and really enjoyed it, but since then have felt too tired and rubbish.

I walk 4 miles every day (work and back) so that's at least keeping base level fitness up, even though I have to keep slowing down as I feel sickest when I walk quickly, especially when the air's cold (too bizarre, but true).

Thinking of taking up swimming as there's a pool across the road from me. Kind of reluctant as I find swimming such a faff, but it'll be worth it if I can stay fit.

Brave - I also find swimming a faff but I've been going once a week for past few weeks. Not even always doing 'proper' swimming cos I usually go with DS and he just wants to splash around in the shallow bit but it's good to stay active and at least swimming is indoors - fed up with all the frost, ice, cold etc outdoors!

BraveLilBear Tue 11-Dec-12 14:16:42

That's very true LittleMiss indoors rocks! Plus the pool is literally across the road, tis a poor excuse not to go. Just wish I wasn't such a hairy bear blush

brave - yes, well there is that, shaving all the flipping time. In winter. When I'm pg and I won't be dtd any time soon anyway til after first tri is out of the way. Depressing to have to shave your legs to go swimming!!! lol

bunchofposy Tue 11-Dec-12 15:40:06

So sorry to hear that Shell sad. Best of luck for a future thb.

Hello James! Nice to see you smile

Gary I am going to try not to get an early scan, I feel a bit paranoid after last time. Thanks for the info ref dtd - I think I'll just avoid it (which won't be hard with a toddler) but not worry if it happens!

Dave hello - a good EDD you have there smile Have you got over the shock yet? It has just about sunk in here.

Brave I also really want to stay fit this time. Been for a few hikes already, and might also look into swimming. Agree about it being a faff!

Hope everyone else is having a good Tuesday.

beckie90 Tue 11-Dec-12 15:53:36

So so sorry shell sad hugs to you xxx

DaveMccave Tue 11-Dec-12 17:11:54

Really sorry to hear that shell Let us know how you get on if you are up to it xx

thehomesecretary Tue 11-Dec-12 18:10:54

very sorry to hear your news shell, good luck for next time

hope everyone else is good. Today I have mostly been dry heaving - feel horribly nauseous but havent't been sick...I almost wish I could be if it would bring relief...

brave and littlemiss very impressed with your exercise efforts, I haven't felt like, and therefore haven't done anything since my BFP...terrible.

Dont want to put myself in the avid exercising camp, bit of swimming, bit of walking with buggy and housework and thats me. If i make it to second tri i'll prob sign up to do yoga but after mc in summer im not dtd or doing any strenuous bouncing around in this pg!

Sjs05 Tue 11-Dec-12 19:06:04

Hello ladies I am completely new to this forum but wondered if I could have some advice. I have taken 4 home pregnancy tests which have all come back positive and now I am waiting for my midwife app which isn't till the new year. I have worked out from last period that I am 5 weeks and 5 days pg but I have had no symptoms at all. No sickness tiredness or anything.
The only thing I do have is a bump which is really noticeable which I'm trying to hide until the scan!

I must be lucky not to be suffering with any sickness or anything, but is this normal?

This is my second pregnancy but my daughter is now 9 so this feels like the first time again x

FoofFighter Tue 11-Dec-12 19:51:04

Hello may I join you please?

I got a BFP on Sunday after a week and a half of already in my heart of hearts knowing I was pregnant - by my dates I was 5 weeks yesterday and my due date according to the MN thing is 13th august smile

This will be our firstborn together but I have 2 grown-up children already. I'll be 40 when this baby is born.

We sadly suffered a MMC back in April so really hoping that this one sticks, already feels different somehow, more positive and not very worried, and my bfp was stronger than the other tests I did last time at around the same stage so they are all good omens I hope!

A few symptoms, bloaty uncomfortable-ness, an increasing interest in oranges, cannonball boobs, tiredness, mega sense of smell (thats actually how I knew I was pg!) No sickness as of yet but I think I only ever suffered a very small bit with my DD for a short while so obviously one of the lucky ones, would give anything for some good ms just now though as another good strong symptom!

EPU last time told me to contact them first for a scan before booking in with a MW, I'm a bit scared to as I know it'll be in that same room again sad but I know it must be done, working myself up to ringing them next week in the hope of getting in just before Xmas for an early scan.

We aren't telling anyone this time round for as long as we can get away with, it was totally horrendous having to un-tell everyone last time sad

Looking forward to getting to know you all smile going to have a bit of a read back now.

GaryBuseysTeeth Tue 11-Dec-12 20:54:11

Sjs, Welcome! I didn't have anything with DS until I about 7weeks, then the tiredness really hit me, so maybe it's just waiting to hit you full force!
Welcome Foof!

Snowshine, staying positive for you here.

I've downloaded a pg app to my phone, and it has a countdown timer to birth, 7months 20days to go! hmm

Stopsittingonyoursister Tue 11-Dec-12 22:06:45

Sorry to hear your news shell

Welcome sjs and foof.

Hope everyone else is well. Feeling sick today and really not liking sweet foods at the moment. But I could eat literally hundreds of bags of crisps if I let myself!

littlecupcake Tue 11-Dec-12 22:50:54

Is there room for another one?!

Got a faint internet cheapy line a week ago today, then a positive on Clearblue Digital with 2-3 weeks on conception indicator on Saturday. Very irregular cycles though, so no idea of due date. My estimates are between 2nd (based on 28 day cycle) and 12th August (based on 38 day cycle, which is the length of the previous cycle. Before that I was still taking the pill).

Went to see GP today who didn't try to establish a due date, but has given me a form so I can get HCG levels tested tomorrow to work out an EDD. After trying to find out about dating pregnancy using HCG results it doesn't seem very common, but I wasn't offered an early dating scan like others in my situation. Has anyone else experienced this? He booked me in with the midwife on 15th January and said that would give me plenty of time to get the scan done at the right time based on the HCG results.

I wish I'd asked for his idea of a due date, but DD had got bored by that point and decided to have a meltdown blush She's 2.6 and this will be our second baby.

Lovely to see so many others to share this special journey with!

Sugarkane Tue 11-Dec-12 23:12:27

Cupcake with DS1 I didnt have a clue when my last period was let alone my due date or cycle length as I had only had one period since DD was born. I wasnt offered anything, they just booked me in for a scan for the time they thought I was 12 weeks as they assumed I was 6 weeks at the time of booking in as it had been 2 weeks since my BFP iykwim.

Has anyone else developed insomnia?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now