Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Due August 2013

(993 Posts)
Silver15 Wed 21-Nov-12 19:45:27

We had our BFPs in November.

Welcome aboard ladies.

Let's do this Journey together.

Silver15 Sun 09-Dec-12 07:42:49

Hi bunchofposy! Welcome and fx for you.

GaryBuseysTeeth Sun 09-Dec-12 07:50:52

Silver, not gone off sex but we're not having it until the 2nd trimester...which has us both going up the walls! But I'd rather have nowt to blame a mc on.

Welcome chuck & posy and anyone I've missed (thread moves fast!)
Well done to everyone who has managed to pull off a night of not drinking without anyone noticing!

beckie, are you going to have a sit down with your mum & talk it out with her? Are you living at hers atm?

waves, hooray for boobies (to quote the bloodhound gang), not so hooray for the fainting & not skiing, I had a blackout yesterday (low blood pressure) so I'm going to eat more iron rich food & hope it helps.

Had a feeling on Friday that this pg was going to end, but feeling more positive as I feel really sick today...going to arrange GP appointment this week (for next week) instead of after Christmas.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

Sugarkane Sun 09-Dec-12 08:56:51

Yes im off sex nothing new for me in the first trimester, although when I do get in the mood the orgasms are amazing, best part of being pregnant that (well nearly the best)

becki my mum has guessed too although she hasnt come directly out and asked me, we had a conversation where she kept telling me to tell her what I needed to, I denied I had anything to tell and it ended with her saying oh you're not ready yet, well when you are dont hold back. She lives 300 miles away and we havent seen each other for ages but she still knows.

MIL will be a nightmare to tell, she is still asking when dp will be having the snip even though I have told her for the last 9 months that he wont be. Oh and she asks every week if I am pregnant and puts on a very worried face.

Wont be great telling my dad either I am his 3rd daughter pregnant at the minute think he may have a heart attack.

Sit down with your mum and sorry to be blunt but you are 22 and old enough to make your own decisions, its nothing really to do with her. This baby might not have been planned but that doesnt mean you wont cope or love he/she any less.

Will anyone be finding out the sex? I like my surprises so wont be again this time.

bunchofposy Sun 09-Dec-12 09:26:52

Thanks everyone grin I feel better about joining today, I'm pregnant right, even sharing the early worries with people is really nice.

Gary yay for feeling sick! Are you going to try and get an early scan?

Silver I haven't gone off sex but I'm wondering whether to try and avoid it til the 2nd trimester. What's everyone else doing?

beckie90 Sun 09-Dec-12 10:27:30

GARY, no me and dp have our own home, mum and dad live 5 min drive away. and I don't know I've not even thought about it, she questioned why I wasnt drinking Yesturday at a party and I just said oh I've had bacon this morn I'm really dehydrated so I'm drinking pop cause I'm thirsty. She looked at me strangely lol.

SUGARKANE, I know its what I have thought too, its not like I live at home with her, and have no support. Me and dp have our own home and got 2 boys together, we have been together over 5 years, oldest is 4 and youngest is 20 month, she knows I cope really well, and partner has a good job. My dad reacts worse, but my mum will be telling him not me lol. And I'm keeping this 1 a Suprise this time, I found out before with these 2, but I have 2 boys, and pretty certain this 1 is a boy too, so I just want a Suprise this time :-) xx

shellshock7 Sun 09-Dec-12 11:48:13

silver we never DTD all pregnancy last time blush Well until I was 10 days overdue and fed up! We were so scared of anything goin wrong this time we just opted out. We've discussed and are gonna try and get back to normal after the 20 12 week scan this time smile

sugarkane we will defo find out the sex, if we have another DS we have everything all ready but if its a DD I'm goin to have to start all over again with he nursery etc. and I'm of the thought that's its a surprise whenever you find out, I loved knowing last time , helped narrow down name choices and imagine what he would be like smile

Nightwish Sun 09-Dec-12 13:03:50

I will definitely be finding out the sex of this one again. Much easier to plan, and as with shell, if it is a DD I will need to buy loads more than for another DS.

RuckAndRoll Sun 09-Dec-12 15:31:16

Interesting to hear you're all finding out the sex, this is our first and we can't decide as it really makes no difference to us.

Is having sex in the first 12 weeks supposed to bad for the baby then? We're carrying on as normal (when I'm not throwing up), worrying I should be putting DH on a ban for a bit.

Christelle2207 Sun 09-Dec-12 16:03:07

I don't think any evidence to suggest sex in first trimester is bad but I understand some don't want to take the risk. We've had none since BFP, mostly as I feel so rough in the evenings.

I actually ran a 10 mile race this morning, some of you may be shocked about that. Did have serious second thoughts but decided to go anyway, take it easy and not push myself too far (have done that before in races and collapsed), finished waaay off my pb for that distance but really enjoyed it and felt great. Hope to carry on running for a long as I can, my best friend ran several miles several times a week until 38 or so weeks. No way am I doing that. Any other runners out there?

GaryBuseysTeeth Sun 09-Dec-12 16:43:45

I don't believe I've ever read anything from a doctor saying 1st trimester sex is a bad thing, but Zita West (fertility guru) says it's one to avoid for those pg after mc/if you're spotting (but I assume that's more to do with your cervix being open if you're spotting & therfore prone to infection; zita west linky

Well done on the running Christelle! I used to run, but that stopped after I had DS & I was going to take it up after Christmas (was going to get a pair of barefoot trainers for Christmas)!

bunch, still can't decide about the early scan, plus point is we see it's in there & going well...negative is if we lose it between that & 12wk scan I'll be devasted. You?

Haven't decided on finding out the sex, we didn't last time so it might be 'nice' to go into labour knowing the sex!

beckie, do you have a gut feeling yours is a boy? I've told DH I think we're having a girl (even though I know it's neither yet!), I 'knew' DS was a boy even bought all boys stuff (MIL thought I was mad).
Hope your parents are happy for you when you tell them, sounds like you're in an excellent place to have another!

beckie90 Sun 09-Dec-12 17:08:02

I think I have a gut feeling lol, I Defo did with my other 2 ds's but its more to the fact that my OH side havnt had any girls mil has 4 boys his brothers all have boys we have boys, my OH dads parents are catholics and had quite a lot of children only 1 was a girl. So I'm pretty sure this 1 will be a boy 2 xx

DaveMccave Sun 09-Dec-12 17:26:43

waves to everyone new.

bunchofposy we have the same EDD smile what symptoms do you have at the moment, if any?

I feel much better after reading a website last night that said that it's more uncommon to feel any until 5 or 6 weeks so I'm relaxing now. Starting to feel a bit more tired and light headed at times and tests are definitely getting darker so I'm starting to relax.

I won't be finding out the sex I don't think. I did with my DD, I was so desperate for a boy I needed to know if it wasn't. blush This time round although admittedly I'd love a boy still, I am happy enough to have either and I think a surprise after a long hard labour would be amazing and make that birth announcement even more exciting.

sploj Sun 09-Dec-12 19:35:09

Hi again after long break. I'm sick as a pig and eating like one too, and sleeping 12 hours (if allowed) compared to my normal 6. I feel like I'm showing already at six or seven weeks. hadn't expected to feel like this because although I had morning sickness with dd1(5) it was nothing like this. Taking bets on twins wink

Silver15 Sun 09-Dec-12 20:38:36

Wow Shellshock, I don't think DH would agree to a ban all pg. I have 2 DS and in both pgs was active throughout and Infact doubled the effort in the last weeks as I was told it was good for preparing the body for birth. MW also advised more dtd in the last weeks to bring on labour unfortunately both DS went overdue so it definitely didn't work.
Back to the first trimester I have never heard that it is bad. Always believed that the baby is safely tucked away.

I would like to find out sex as I have 2 boys already. In the past didn't find out. Not that if it is another boy will love it less. I'm just grateful I'm pg though it will be nice to have a girl. Always wanted one.

zen1980 Sun 09-Dec-12 20:49:10

hey everyone just wondered if I can squeeze in? Have just found out this week am pregnant which is a bit of a surprise as me an dh had kind of decided would be a new year thing. Haven't taken the pill for a while an totally thought we had completely missed it this month but obviously not!!
Have a dc of nearly 3 so we have our hands full. Edd of 6th Aug ish so am quite looking forward to . a summer baby this time fingers crossed.
We haven haven' t told anyone yet but have decided will do shortly as before dc I had a MMC and was good to have their support x

Congratulations to you zen

Has been a weekend in bed for me - still not managing to go a day without passing out, although today it was mid tidying up DDs bedroom and thankfully collapsed on a HUGE pile of teddies. Only a week left at work before a whole 3 week break which is just what I need!

I think we are not going to find out what we are having. I had a DS and a DD, DH has 2 DSs. So, whilst DH is really hoping for a DD, I am not really bothered either way. I think, especially if my pg continues like this (sickness, fainting and feeling totally bleurgh) a surprise would be something lovely to look forward to. And we have NO baby stuff at all, given that my youngest will be a month off 8 when this one is due, so it is starting from scratch regardless.

In terms of DTDing, absolutely no bans here. In fact, we have managed it more since we got the BFP than we did the couple of months before.

shellshock7 Sun 09-Dec-12 21:35:00

Sorry if I've alarmed anyone but there is absolutely no evidence sex can cause miscarriage that I have read, we were just very cautious after the MMC.

Silver I am sure anyone who has been thru it had the same awful emotional experience but I think I was quite unlucky with how my body dealt with it physically. I had v painful contractions for a long time (nowhere near as bad as labour but i didn't know that at the time!) and I think it frightened the hell out of DH and I certainly didn't want to do anything that I would blame myself for after so i was super super strict.

Defo more relaxed this time round, I even had a tiny small glass of vino for my birthday last night smile

katerinaemalina Sun 09-Dec-12 22:15:31

Can I join as well?
My story is first timer (eek!) but SUPER excited. Have just got married and have been broody for about 3 years now (am 32). Was very lucky to get preg first month of trying so now I'm really really nervous that something will go wrong. I've taken 2 tests now (preg 1-2 weeks, taken 3-4 days ago) and seeing doc on tues to confirm.
Symptom wise nothing really - fainted on sat though! Otherwise burping a lot, windy! a bit bloaty, felt a bit sick the other day but think more over nerves, headache - all these things could well just be non pregnancy too though!
I'll update Tues but cross fingers for me it's all a big yes. Tests are rarely wrong are they? I took two. Have resisted taking another one for now!!
My last period was 24th Oct. Came off pill about 4-5 months ago. Had 2x periods before got pregnat. Weren't super regular but about 38 day cycle.
Anyway enough wittering. I'm now wondering how to get out of christmas parties and nye!!!

RuckAndRoll Mon 10-Dec-12 07:15:23

Morning katerinaemalina welcome and congratulations!

This is my first too, it's hard to know whats down to pregnancy and what's just a normal day to day headache etc.

DH is very please to hear there is no evidence to say no sex for the first trimester! He accepts 'be careful' though.

Hope everyone is feeling ok this womderful Monday morning grin

Morning all and hi to all new ladies!

It's lovely to hear that our symptoms and
concerns are shared, makes the whole thing
less worrying and more normal!!

I'm just over 6 weeks now and my nausea seems
to be getting worse, bought anti-nausea bands
from Boots yesterday, they are going back!!!!
Feel like I have wasted £8.99! Perhaps they work
for some people :-(
Not managed to get myself out of the door to
work this morning and dreading ringing in AGAIN!
Maybe it's time I came clean!!

Told parents and in laws at the weekend so it's
feeling more real now!

Have a good day x

shellshock7 Mon 10-Dec-12 09:49:46

Small amount of brown discharge this morning....I know it can be perfectly normal but I'm very worried sad

BraveLilBear Mon 10-Dec-12 13:01:51

Hello and congrats and welcome to nicnic, Rucknroll, beckie and bunchofposy fingers tightly crossed for everyone!

Silver I'm with you... usually I'm the sex-crazed one who's always after it but now I've turned into some sort of weird cuddlemonster. Totally couldn't care less about sex, but loving extra cuddles and gentleness from DP.

We are averaging once a week somehow, but it's totally different, soft and gentle and really really loving. It's actually quite amazing as it's as if DP is connecting with me emotionally. Did find it quite a struggle last night though, physically. Very ahem dry, despite being moderately in the mood. Damn hormones!

Saw a pg friend at the weekend who's 12 weeks and she said the same - totally not up for sex.

Anyone else feeling sick all the time but not actually being sick? I feel like a total fraud!

GaryBuseysTeeth Mon 10-Dec-12 13:23:02

zen, are you the same one who posted on the just shagging ttc thread a few times recently?

Congrats & welcome to you & katerina!

Bear, I haven't thrown up either (didn't with DS) but am feeling very close to it...had a horrible gagging session brushing my teeth yesterday morning!

Booked private scan for next week, now I'm nervous about that...but holy fudge I'm pregnant shock

shell, have you had anymore? have you told DH/anyone?

BraveLilBear Mon 10-Dec-12 13:25:59

Ok I'm such an idiot - totally didn't realise there was another page of posts before posting! blush

Welcome to Katerinamalina! I'm a first-timer too, so totally understand all the stresses and worries and wonders!

To add to further discussion, we won't be finding out the sex - I really want it to be a surprise. Although having said that, we are both convinced it's a girl. Don't ask why! My friend who has a phenomenal hit rate also thinks it's a girl.

DP has a DS from previous and would love to have a girl, but neither of us is so hung up on it that it would be bad if it was a boy or vice versa.

BraveLilBear Mon 10-Dec-12 13:29:22

Glad it's not just me GaryB! Keep gagging while walking to work, and this morning coupled a gag with a weird burp. I mainly feel sick sick if I'm standing or walking, if I'm sitting I can handle it better.

Great news on the scan! How exciting! I think I'm back in the 'i'll be brave without a scan' boat, especially as it seems there's an emphasis on buying lots of pressies this year for the family... WIll see how I feel this week.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now