Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Due August 2013

(993 Posts)
Silver15 Wed 21-Nov-12 19:45:27

We had our BFPs in November.

Welcome aboard ladies.

Let's do this Journey together.

Silver15 Wed 21-Nov-12 19:51:29

Hello ladies, how are you? Just feel a bit tired and always hot (body temperature).

zippyrainbowbrite Wed 21-Nov-12 20:01:47

Ooh! Ooh! Can I join please?!

After trying for three and a half years (and much lurking on the conception boards!) I POAS yesterday because it was about to go out of date and it was positive! grin did another one this morning as DH didn't believe the first one, and it was +ve too!

I've worked out my due date is 30th July so was waiting for an August thread to start as the July one is so long!

Silver15 Wed 21-Nov-12 20:59:55

Zippy Congs and welcome to the thread. I was also waiting for an August thread for days till I decided to start one. Are you having any symptoms yet? I was so tired at work today and for a minute I thought it was obvious that i am pg. I don't want to tell colleagues yet and was hoping to keep it under wraps until after the scan. But i work in the health sector so I don't know how I'll manage to keep it a secret.

Is this your first? It my third as I have two DS.

I'm planning to book an appoint with the Gp next week. I'm not good at working out due dates. Both my dc were overdue.

zippyrainbowbrite Wed 21-Nov-12 21:14:39

Congrats to you too! It's my first, but sounds like you're a pro!

Only symptoms so far are very tender boobs (like I usually get before AF but even more so). I'm feeling a little bit crampy too, but different to AF cramps if that makes sense?!

Oh, and definitely feeling the tiredness too - it's just me and zippydog tonight as DH is away with work, and all I've done since getting home from work is veg on the sofa - think I'll be heading off to bed soongrin

Silver15 Wed 21-Nov-12 21:42:15

DH is at work too so it's just me and the DCs. I'm no expert as all PGs were different. I got the cramps in the first 2 weeks but they are gone now. I shd be in my 3rd week now. I thought the body was adjusting to accommodate the sticky bean.

Off to sleep. Good night.

sploj Wed 21-Nov-12 21:47:36

Hi silver and Zippy, congratulations. I'm in, had a faint line on the test and I'm extra tired. Will be my second, dd is five. I can't wait to tell her but am going to keep it quiet as long as I can.

shineypeacock Thu 22-Nov-12 14:47:09

Hello Ladies,

Can i join you, got my BFP this mornning and have a due date of 30th July also.

Dont have any real symptoms apart from a mouth ulcer and a positive pregnancy test! Feeling a bit tired too, but I have been racing around for a few days.

Dont really know what to do now, have made a doctors appointment for next week and checked what I can and can't eat!

Just hope it sticks!!

XX

zippyrainbowbrite Thu 22-Nov-12 18:52:27

Hi Sploj and Shiney! Congrats!

Are you supposed to make an appt with a GP straight away, or do they prefer you to wait until you're X weeks along?

Silver15 Thu 22-Nov-12 20:40:33

Hello sploj and shiney, Congs!!!!!

Shiney, I remember you from one of the conception threads. I'm glad you made it.

Sploj, dont worry so much be positive I pray it will stick. My understanding is that you have to be easy on your back especially during the first 3 months. It makes a difference ( though I have no scientific proof).

Zippy I think it is best to make an appointment as soon as possible so you can be booked in with the midwife and have tests.

Silver15 Thu 22-Nov-12 20:44:08

Shiney is it your first?

The midwife will guide you through it. When I was pg with DC 1 and 2, we got a bounty pack with helpful info. I don't know if they still give these out. My youngest is 4.

shineypeacock Thu 22-Nov-12 23:12:09

Yes its our first, both DH and i have had silly grins on our faces all evening!!

I think you still get packs, friend had a baby in August and got loads of info, just got to wait i guess!

Hello everyone, another person checking in with a November BFP - well, 6 actually (takes a while to convince me of anything confused)

Will be DC 3 for me, although DC 5 for the family as DH has 2 DS from previous relationship, and I have DD and DS also. But first for the 2 of us, after we got married in July. Super excited, if a bit overwhelmed as we have lots of work to do on our new house. At least we have the space for another one now smile

I am guessing things have changed a bit since DD - she will be nearly 8 when I am due. Well, things like advice etc - I am thinking the physical process is as it always was.

Silver15 Fri 23-Nov-12 12:14:34

Welcome Waves!!!!! Congs on your BFPs.
I tested 2 times to convince myself. Stopped at 2 as they were Frers and couldn't imagine peeing on more money.

Anyway I have booked my Gp appointment this morning. I have been given one in December so hopefully that will settle it.

Does any one feel any cramp like pains? I thought these would be gone by now. I never paid this sort of attention to pg symptoms before hence my ignorance. I'm really excited about this pg.

zippyrainbowbrite Fri 23-Nov-12 12:34:32

Hi Waves! Congrats!

I've taken 3 tests so far, mainly just to show DH! We've been trying for a long time, and were going to have our 1st appt at the IVF clinic next week, so I don't think he can quite believe it!

I think it's different for me as its my body and it just feels different at the moment.

I'm getting occasional mild cramps, but not like my AF ones (which are usually horrendous).

Have just phoned the IVF clinic to cancel our appts, and the GP - am booked in for next week!

Right, I should probably stop browsing Mumsnet and baby sites and get back to work!

Silver15 Fri 23-Nov-12 19:29:14

Wow Zippy, that's amazing. It makes the little miracle even more precious. Why don't you ask DH to join you at the appointment. My DH enjoyed going for the appointments with me the previous pgs. He even claimed to have suffered cravings during my first.

zippyrainbowbrite Sat 24-Nov-12 18:37:01

It does seem like a miracle!

I don't think DH will make this 1st appt - it's difficult for him to get time off work, so I'd rather save it for when he really needs to be there.

I told my sister today which was very exciting! She's the only one (apart from you lotgrin) who we're telling until we get further along - she's been so supportive in the whole ttc journey, and she knew we were about start on the ivf, so it would have been hard to hide it from her!

chocolatesolveseverything Sat 24-Nov-12 22:39:35

Hi everyone,

Nice to see some familar names from the conception forum smile

My due date according to online calculators is 28/7/12 but that's based on an assumption that I ovulated earlier than I think I did, so am tentatively putting myself down for the August thread.

I've been getting the first twinges of morning sickness over last few days. Nothing very bad, just generally feeling a bit 'urgh' and doing acidy burps whilst brushing my teeth, etc. It doesn't seem to last long. Hope getting it so early isn't a sign that it's going to get really bad further down the line!

Like others, I've had mild cramping too, but that seems to be less common now.

First doctor's appointment is on Tuesday. I can't wait. It'll make it seem so much more official!

Morning everyone smile I've had my daily ration of real tea, so onto green tea for the rest of the day. Sigh.

Also getting a bit of the nausea, but the worst for me are the floods of tears! I found a very dead, very large rat in the middle of the garden this morning whilst marching up to the compost heap with old rabbit bedding. Screamed my heart out whilst flying back down to the house, then once DH had disposed of it, I sat at the kitchen table sobbing my heart out. Tears streaming, full on sobbing. Not quite wailing, but was close to that! I was muttering about how rats eat through babies faces to get to their tongues. I blame it ALL on George Orwell's 1984 which has given me a permanent fear of rats. And now I am all hormonal, everything is setting me off.

Need to make a GP appointment for next week I guess - 6 IC BFPs, then FRER positive yesterday and CB digital this morning so no denying that I am well and truly upduffed.

Zippy what a wonderful early christmas present for you - it really does sound like a miracle, and I bet your sister is very excited for you both.

Hope you all get on well with the GP appointments smile

thehomesecretary Sun 25-Nov-12 13:54:56

Hello ladies can I join? Got my BFP this morning after almost a year of trying for %232 - DS is 21 months. Due date is 2nd Aug!

So excited and so is DH, although he is a lot more cautious and wants to wait a few weeks before he really gets excited.

Not many symptoms as yet...just a bit of nausea and a few cramps. I'm kind of hoping they ramp up soon so I really feel pregnant...I may regret saying that!

Anyway, congratulations to you all!

thehomesecretary Sun 25-Nov-12 13:55:42

*Number 2 not 232!!!

Silver15 Sun 25-Nov-12 16:51:37

Hello ladies,

Chocolate and thehome, congrats and welcome to the thread.

Chocolate I remember you from the conception threads. My due date is 29/07/12 but I chose this thread as I wanted to be able to relate to the experience. I found the July thread a bit advanced. Also my experience in the past is that I went overdue with both DS. The first was 7 days overdue and the second was 10 days overdue so August seems a safe bet.

In terms of symptoms I now have nauseasness and fatigue. I also get cramps.

Silver15 Sun 25-Nov-12 16:59:02

Ooh 'thehome' I understand yo feeling regarding wanting symptoms to come on. This morning I tried to convince my DH that my bump is showing already. His answer was that it's all in your mind.

chocolatesolveseverything Sun 25-Nov-12 21:20:29

Agh, I forgot to add Gaviscon to the internet shopping list for this week... Couldn't manage to finish my chocolate and peanut slice last night due to heartburn, and can't even start on the remainder tonight because of the same sad. Anyone want a bite?

I'd like some NICE pregnancy symptoms please!

LolaDontCryOverSpiltEggnog Sun 25-Nov-12 22:38:50

hi all

BFP(s) friday

Due date is apparently 1st august, 7 months trying DS is almost 2

Haven't sorted out doctors yet, that's my plan for tomorrow, when are you all shouting the news?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now