Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

November 2012 - the thread where Detective's baby arrives

(1000 Posts)
StuntNun Mon 19-Nov-12 11:02:14
kirrinIsland Thu 22-Nov-12 08:41:17

Good luck fatima and detective :-)

Fatima - my paranoia about baby's head and pooing was the other way round grin

horsey is right - you will just know when you need to go in. They tried to tell me i didn't need to go in yet and that they would probably send me home, i ignored them and only just got to the hospital in time !

Iheartpasties Thu 22-Nov-12 09:02:20

fatima good luck.

ToManyDicksOnTheDancefloor Thu 22-Nov-12 09:15:30

Good luck Detective and Fatima, i wish it was me. I feel very down and a bit teary today, not sure why, i'm not even due until 28th.

I thought something was happening yesterday, I woke up having a contraction and then had painless braxton hicks all day. Now nothing!

Good luck to everyone else who is still waiting.

Well they've been about 8 minutes apart for quite a while now, also had a clear out (sorry TMI) and been sick so beginning to feel a bit crappy.
Think i'm going to sit on my ball for 30 mins then ring the birth centre and ring DH to come and keep me company

Sorry forgot to say thanks for all the well wishes and good luck. Bryzoan Your post made me laugh grin

Fingers crossed everything goes ok today Detective

pikz Thu 22-Nov-12 09:30:58

brockle I am refusing to answer anyone unless its DP or my mum. I just can't take it anymore.

Big hugs to everyone who is very fed up like me.

Brockle Thu 22-Nov-12 09:56:29

Big hugs back pikz . Same boat as you! My MIL thinks its nice to send funny messages. Todays was "are you having your chimney swept today?" . Yes looking forward to the sweep thank you!

Sounds like things are def starting for you fatima I had a big "clearout" before DS2.

pikz Thu 22-Nov-12 10:11:14

Ah brockle got to love MIL. Mine is posting everything on Facebook for me...suppose it means at least I don't have to update everyone...but I don't really want people knowing all this stuff.

If I ever go into labour I have banned DP from telling her til he's born or the world and his mother will know...grrrr

Iheartpasties Thu 22-Nov-12 10:21:18

oh, putting stuff on facebook, do they not understand its not their place to tell all sundry?!!

Lilliana Thu 22-Nov-12 10:31:09

Thinking of you today Detective hope it goes well and you are having newborn snuggles soon xx

Fatima sounds good, hope things carry on progressing.

Had the sweep yesterday and DTD last night despite DH being ill but nothing - bit of blood is all I have to show for all the effort. I can see I'm going to end up being induced sad

ShellyBobbs Thu 22-Nov-12 11:34:56

Detective The very best of luck, massive ((hugs)).

Fatima Sounds like my labour, I didn't know if it was pootractions or contractions until I got a cracking contraction. I did managed to squeeze out a few rabbit droppings though and one in the birthing pool that the midwife swiftly scooped up and hid from my sight

ShellyBobbs Thu 22-Nov-12 11:36:35

My sister put the birth on fb before hubby had finished ringing people. My SIL saw it on there first, I was fuming angry. But she's 22 and it's what they do at that age I suppose so I didn't say anything I'm an old fucker.

mrswee Thu 22-Nov-12 11:42:31

arrrgh the heart burn. I can't take it anymore! I can't eat breakfast without feeling awful an hour later.. luckily DH has taken DD to soft play becuase I've been dealing with her every morning feeling like this.
Had to sit down in tesco yesterday for ages cause I was feeling like this and that I might pass out and she was shouting at me, hurry up mummy, you are NOT my best friend anymore!! (thanks to a certain episode of peppa pig)

toomanydicksonthedancefloor I know exactly how you feel, I'm due on the 27th and have been feeling like that all week plus every day I have had an arrangement to meet up with friends for a coffee and everyday it's been cancelled which has not helped my mood and made me more teary, negative and annoyed.

proper stinker of a day out there today! hope no one is flooded!

mrswee Thu 22-Nov-12 11:43:43

good luck detective

ShellyBobbs Thu 22-Nov-12 12:06:51

Does Gaviscon not do anything for you? It was my saviour and stopped heartburn and acid almost instantly.

mrswee Thu 22-Nov-12 12:19:05

shelly it takes a while to work and along with this heartburn feeling I get too hot and feel all wobbly and sometimes like I might pass out. it helps to cool down and have a seat or lay down for a while as well as taking gaviscon. I've mentioned it to the midwife but they say it's just pregnancy.

blonderthanred Thu 22-Nov-12 12:31:15

My DH's Aunt and cousin both wrote on my fb wall to say congratulations on the birth of your son before we'd sent a birth announcement to our friends etc - we'd kept the sex a surprise so it was really annoying and I started getting all these messages from people saying, oh have you had it?

And they are a lot older than 22! I just can't understand the mentality, if I'd been told some news like that I'd at least check if the person had written about it on their own wall first. Mind you his family have previous for that sort of thing as when his Grandad died, several of them started writing RIP statuses straight away without thinking that some people (including DH's sister) might not yet have been informed. Bloody idiots.

jenbird Thu 22-Nov-12 12:33:49

Stinker of a day here too. We should start a club. Was all set to get things moving last night (good walk, bath, DTD) but got back from my walk and promptly got an awful migraine so just had to go to bed. Was awake half the night with pains in my bum but nothing happened when I went to the loo. Woke up in a foul mood with dull headache. So fed up of having to just keep on going and keeping everything sorted just in case. Have had to cancel my hair appt as we have been so busy with work my bus partner can't do it on her own. It's a good thing obviously but just means i look like poo a while longer. HB only had 8 days holiday since last Christmas and we are really hanging in there for a break. Not long now though!

mrswee I feel like that too a lot at the moment. Not heartburn related but think is low BP? Could that be yours too?

Fatima and detective wishing you all the very best of luck today x

Dixiebell Thu 22-Nov-12 12:47:06

Best wishes to detective & fatima!

Just ventured out to shops. Felt I was getting sympathetic looks from shop assistants. Caught sight of myself when I got in, am wearing bright blue baggy trackie bottoms tucked into biker boots, black top too short to cover bump so orange vest hanging out underneath, bright pink and grey striped hoody, and hair best described as 'dragged thru hedge'. Ha! Imagine that waddling towards you, no wonder. Never mind, I bought a few post-baby clothes to make up for it. And chocolates. grin

mrswee, we are EDD buddies, race you?! It's so hard with a toddler, isn't it? DS frequently gives me 'I don't want my mummy ANYMORE'. But forgive him when we cuddle up on sofa together (inevitably in front of Peppa too). Hope you feel better after a bit of rest.

MissMummy1 Thu 22-Nov-12 13:22:25

Can I join the crap day club too? My mum's friend has invited herself round for the afternoon to babysit me 'keep me company' as DP had to go back to work today. Yesterday was his last day of shore leave before we have our baby - although we're very lucky he'll get 2 weeks paternity leave straight away which, if junior's born on time or earlier, will tie up nicely with his next batch of shore leave and then christmas hols, so I can't complain - but all we did yesterday was argue sad. Admitably I was being a really stroppy cow and shouldn't have taken it out on him but I'm pregnant, surely that means I'm allowed to act like a twat sometimes?! blush

My back is even more sore today (if that's possible) and the house has 'post-man-being-at-home' mess that I can't do anything about. Really hope this IS the start of something. I just want my baby now! sad

My MIL announced we were pregnant on facebook the day before our 12 week scan. On my fucking wall. I was furious. We'd specifically only told our parents and I didn't want it to be 'public' until I'd finished my last couple of weeks of uni. I think I've dealt with her daily phonecalls asking if it's going to happen today: "You will be the first to know, after my mum". They've since been reduced to a text to dp... grin

Everything crossed we hear of lovely detective and fatima baby news before bedtime - all the very best to you both lovelies! xxx thanks

Brockle Thu 22-Nov-12 13:58:52

My sister puts everything on FB. Incredibly embarassing as her mood swings are legendary and I often have people asking how she is because she is happy one minute and distraught the next. Its a given that she will announce it first.

Sweep today with a bishops score of 5 so average I think. Induction booked for 30th but hoping I won't need it. I have to call hospital ward tomorrow to pick up aromatherapy oils that apparently help a sweep to do its work. Odd but ok! MW had to stop the sweep as she was afraid she was going to burst my waters. I would not have minded but apparently she was concerned about the carpet!

MissMummy1 Thu 22-Nov-12 14:03:21

Silly question, but how do you know if your waters are leaking? I've had a lot of extra clear watery discharge today (tmi), not enough to soak through a liner but enough to make it quite wet. I have a cold so can't smell if it's just wee or not blush. My back ache is making me paranoid! Any advice?

Brockle Thu 22-Nov-12 14:24:48

Waters tend to smell sweet. Pop a pad on and see if you get anymore. Your normal discharge can be clear jelly like or thin and milky so it may just be that. Hop onto the postnatal thread and you will prob get a better answer!

pikz Thu 22-Nov-12 14:45:28

Right of to local supermarket for the old ladies on the checkout to inform me of how massive I am and feign horror when I tell them I'm overdue. Awesome.

Glad the Facebook hating thing isn't just me.

TheDetective Thu 22-Nov-12 14:55:16

Just a quick update - I've got my own way with the management of the induction. I'm having my waters broken, then waiting 24 hours for labour, as you would if they had gone themselves. Totally against standard management but since I told the Consultant it's that or I decline induction again... What choice do they have ;)

Just hope it gets labour going. If not then I'll have a prostin pessary. Again not normal to do that way round, it is ARM then synto drip. But I don't want the synto. If I have synto I will have to be sensible go on the CTG. I cant go in the pool. So I'm doing it all backwards. I don't want the prostin first because that increases risks of scar rupture/fetal distress also. So ARM makes sense to me...

Now, bastard cervix, do your sodding job. Or I'll be a very pissed off Detective. Just know this is all gonna go tits up and I'll end up with the works.

I'll put my amended contingency plan on fb once home if anyone wants a laugh.

Good luck Fatima well jell sad I want a spontaneous labour!!!

MM it can be hard to tell if it's waters when it is a slow leak. I'd swear mine had gone about 60 times over but because ice ha regular sweeps and they have been felt intact, I know it's just a combo of sweat piss and discharge. Yum hmm. Just keep an eye, go and be seen if the pads are damp. Try lying on your side for an hour then stand and see what comes out smile

This thread is not accepting new messages.