Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

November 2012 - the thread where Detective's baby arrives

(1000 Posts)
StuntNun Mon 19-Nov-12 11:02:14
blonderthanred Thu 06-Dec-12 15:47:14

Good luck Clarella, hope it all goes well.

Congrats dicks & wee! Great names.

ShellyBobbs Thu 06-Dec-12 16:00:10

There's still many hours between now and then Clarella, good luck!

YellowWellies Thu 06-Dec-12 16:23:24

Good luck Clarella!

Chunkychicken Thu 06-Dec-12 18:21:43

I had my first proper contraction 30mins after DTD so def worth a try Clarella wink but as loads have said, who knows what could happen between now & then? Plus, mrswee said, you could only need a little kick start, or you could need help after starting by yourself... Good luck!! (And yes, PMA = +ve mental attitude smile )

Bryzoan Thu 06-Dec-12 18:39:33

Good luck clarella! Very excited for you.

Passmethecrisps Thu 06-Dec-12 19:49:56

Thinking of you clarella. You will be having newborn snuggles very soon!!

Clarella Thu 06-Dec-12 20:04:22

<sheepish peep from behind sofa>

Switched back to Monday after another cervical anatomy lesson from mw plus inability to feel Excited (felt tense and doomed) but felt excited about Monday.....

Clarella Thu 06-Dec-12 20:39:58

Sorry might fall off end of this thread....

Iheartpasties Thu 06-Dec-12 21:45:17

clarella good luck to you, what ever happens for you!

Bryzoan Thu 06-Dec-12 21:46:54

Glad you have a plan you feel happy with now. Hoping for some action for you soon!

Clarella Thu 06-Dec-12 22:13:13

I'm a bit blush but my shoulders are now relaxed for the first time in 32 hrs. Nothing to do with induction, labour, forceps etc etc as I reckon it's all to come on Monday which I'm happy about. It was trying to make a choice yet again where it was a bit unexpected and hard to relate to (at 9 weeks slapped cheek turned up at school - sen so high level contact - I wasn't immune, so began 12 wks of decisions based on stats and professionals and family views none of whom agreed let alone the school lot, plus guilt about my 5 autistic pupils, then had some thyroid carry on and wound up with anxiety which I have beaten but still hovers) I don't get why the choice I wanted to make (go for Friday) didn't make my shoulders sit right but it doesn't really matter eh?!

Maybe shoulders and cervixes are linked?!

Lane81 Thu 06-Dec-12 23:31:03

Congrats wee and toomany

Best wishes clarella are you the last?

StuntNun Thu 06-Dec-12 23:53:57

What was your due date Clarella? You must be fed up of waiting.

Clarella Fri 07-Dec-12 02:31:31

I am a bit fed up but also not massively uncomfy etc. Think Dh more impatient! Contemplated freaking out aquanatal lady and life guard this am....! Was due 26Nov with first baby so exactly 42 weeks this Monday. Just slept really well, had wee stop, back to sleep now. smile

Hope wee and toomany well!

How's you missmummy?

Bryzoan Fri 07-Dec-12 03:41:31

42 weeks is a good gestation - or so says my little man :-). I'm sure shoulders and cervixes are linked. Stress blcks labour. You have a bit of time on your side now. And even if it is Monday - induction doesn't have to mean other interventions. It didn't with me and - and I think it was you who was saying your sister had had a very positive induction too? Hang on in there... :-)

Clarella Fri 07-Dec-12 04:46:25

Yes she did, just g and a no forceps even with drip at 40 wks - it's really not about the induction, I think when mw said cervix a tiny bit thinner yesterday at 3rd sweep and then a mw at the hospital patiently answering my novice questions said the very engaged head 1/5ths will be having a bit of an impact on how the cervix is changing releasing hormones etc (though not read that anywhere) it probably swung it to wait on top of this uneasy feeling but I'm pretty sure it's not going to move enough fir anything over wknd!

Had that horrid vomiting gastrIc flu thing last week and can't help thinking it mucked up my system - was very dehydrated for 3 days and didn't feel fully better till beginning of this week.

Feel a bit bad for the hospital as they are quiet tomorrow but probably booked new people in on Monday which of course might affect how my stuff goes but let's face it it's not like getting a blow dry! blush

Clarella Fri 07-Dec-12 04:48:28

I wonder if 34 messages is enough till junior pops?!

Iheartpasties Fri 07-Dec-12 05:22:45

clarella, go with what makes you happy! fingers crossed for you!!

StuntNun Fri 07-Dec-12 05:28:44

That depends how long it takes!

MissMummy1 Fri 07-Dec-12 05:39:30

My boobs hurt, my stitches hurt and I haven't slept since Saturday. BUT she is very cute and I am head over heels in love grin . They are worth the wait, honest! Make the most of your last few child free days - I wish I had wink

All the very best to you lovely for a super fast easy spontaneous labour xxx

pikz Fri 07-Dec-12 08:14:30

clarella don't worry we will just make you your very own thread if it takes more!

Do what is best for you. You are the one that knows.

Iheartpasties Fri 07-Dec-12 08:58:28

who are we waiting to hear news about. I swear my brain cells have up and left me today. Who is here with Clarella still waiting to pop?

StuntNun Fri 07-Dec-12 09:21:53
Clarella Fri 07-Dec-12 09:33:35

Is it mummy to be? Hope all is well

Iheartpasties Fri 07-Dec-12 09:39:24

mummytobe good luck to you.

This thread is not accepting new messages.