Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

November 2012 - the thread where Detective's baby arrives

(1000 Posts)
StuntNun Mon 19-Nov-12 11:02:14
StuntNun Mon 19-Nov-12 11:02:51

Detective I think your baby is the most anticipated event of the year! FC things start happening soon.

Brockle Mon 19-Nov-12 11:24:58

marking my place and agree that it is the most anticipated event of the year!

pikz Mon 19-Nov-12 11:38:06

Come on detective we are all rooting for you...

Catbag Mon 19-Nov-12 12:30:08

Love the name of this thread! babydetective really needs to stop procrastinating now smile

TheDetective Mon 19-Nov-12 13:46:13

Detective may have cried a little at this thread <blows snot away>. blush

Thank you for putting up with me waaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

I have no idea what my body is doing. It seems to want to get this baby out.... but just kinda goes 'I forgot what to do'.

I've been having decent contractions since 8pm yesterday evening, they were 1:3 til midnight, then went to 1:5, then 1:10... they carried on in the night, some more uncomfortable than others. I managed a good sleep - but waking at the stronger ones. When I move about, they die down, but when I settle down somewhere (bed, ball, chair whatever!) they come back again after 20-30 mins lull.

I've closed all the blinds, and have shut myself away. DS is at his dads tonight so I have no one who needs me today. So I have planned to close out unhelpful arseholes today.

So far I've had 4 missed calls from the ward, a voicemail <ignored> and 2 knocks on the door and a message from the supervisor of midwives posted through the door.

I am not an open line of communication today. After things stopping yesterday, I refuse to get in to any conversations with ANYONE today until things either naturally stop, or start properly. Stress is not conducive to labour. Ina Mays 'spinchter law' comes to mind... Link if you haven't heard of this!

I've got my oxytocin flowing! And no bastard is stopping it!

pikz Mon 19-Nov-12 14:10:27

Am holding thumbs and crossing everything...

ValiumQueen Mon 19-Nov-12 15:16:07

Thinking of you detective thanks

TheDetective Mon 19-Nov-12 15:29:37

My mum just rang me. I was worried that someone had tried to ring her - she is my NOK.

Luckily, it was just to say 'you're doing the right thing'. Much needed support... perfect timing from my mum! It did start the tears again though grin. She said everyone at school is asking why I haven't been made to go in and be induced yet. Her reply - I'd like to see anyone make my daughter do something she doesn't want to. I've bought her up to stand up for herself. blush.

I've been watching funny cat clips with DP, and laughed a lot.... cats can get me in to labour, yes?!

Cats on treadmills... yes please! Cats in baths... keep em' comin'! We're going to play Lips later, and have a friend coming for tea. I'm not getting dressed though. PJ's are here to stay today!

I like relaxing... smile

TheDetective Mon 19-Nov-12 15:31:47

STOP READING THIS THREAD DP... bloody men. Can't get no privacy grin.

Passmethecrisps Mon 19-Nov-12 18:28:46

Cats as labour induction? Genius plan. My cat has taken an interest in our newly developed breastfeeding so I don't see why a cat as birthing partner couldn't work

TheDetective Mon 19-Nov-12 18:42:37

Cats: better than humans. Fact. grin

mrswee Mon 19-Nov-12 19:28:08

Routing for you detective it sounds just like my labour with DD. I was stop go for a week just like you described last night was like. Everytime I lay down or got comfy the contractions ramped up again, so no sleep for 6 days... I really feel for you. What position is your baby in do you think? I think my long latent faze was cause by back to back.

lansinoh is great, may be I should use it from now on, I had cracked nipples and mastitus the last time within days of DD being born. I used to joke that she probably survived on the calories in lansinoh cause she wasn't getting much milk from me

mrswee Mon 19-Nov-12 19:30:19

I forgot to say that my friend who was due 3 days before me, so on the 24th... had her baby yesterday morning... it's me me think, it might be closer than I'm banking on!

Passmethecrisps Mon 19-Nov-12 20:55:52

Fo sho detective fo sho. Mind you, I think my kitty is inanely jealous of all the milk going about -none of which is going to her!

Brockle Mon 19-Nov-12 21:15:12

Contractions building up all day and now nothing. Body had a major clear out too so really thought this was it. This didn't happen with other two so now majorly pissed off. Missed parents evening for both DS's because of the contractions so now feel like rubbish mother. I want sleep or a baby tonight. If I don't get either then tomorrow will not be pretty!

Passmethecrisps Mon 19-Nov-12 21:47:27

brockle as a teacher I can categorically assure you that havig contractions is as good a reason as you will ever have for not attending parents' evening. Seriously though, you should request a telephone interview or written comments. Under the circumstances you are quite entitled

MissMummy1 Mon 19-Nov-12 23:35:31

Can I have mine on this thread too please?

pikz Tue 20-Nov-12 09:08:59

I want mine on here too... Or the end of the other thread... Right now will even do I'm not fussy...

blonderthanred Tue 20-Nov-12 11:23:04

Marking my place to watch events unfold... Good luck all.

newbiebaby Tue 20-Nov-12 11:26:46

Is cramping after a sweep a good sign or just something that can happen and lead to nothing......(don't want to get hopes up!)

blonderthanred Tue 20-Nov-12 11:41:49

Hello Newbie smile Unfortunately like most of these things it could be either. It's like going back 9 months to when we were trying to work out if we were pg or about to come on.

newbiebaby Tue 20-Nov-12 11:45:05

Thanks blonderthanred that's what I thought sad oh well have another booked in for tomorrow, the joy!

TheDetective Tue 20-Nov-12 11:50:33

I had cramping after my first (unsuccessful - couldn't quite reach cervix!) sweep. I had cramping after my 3rd one too. And tightenings, getting stronger. And then... nothing! BAH! Well, I get tightenings still, but no labour! And no change to cervix from 40+6 at first attempt to 42+1 at 5th! Well, maybe it is slightly less posterior, but that's about it.

Frustration is my best friend! I just don't understand what is going on anymore. I've thrown the rule books out - everything I thought I knew about midwifery has been challenged!!!

I hope it is a good sign for you - it was for me as I did get tightenings after a few hours of cramping, but then it fizzled out as usual.

I am getting aquainted with the term 'prodromal labour'. Pfffft.

TheDetective Tue 20-Nov-12 15:18:45

I blew up the last thread - impatient much?! grin

This is the thread where we ALL get our babies! (If we want them to come now that is...!)

This thread is not accepting new messages.