Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

daft question...

(2 Posts)
amazingmumof6 Sat 17-Nov-12 19:50:29

it could be part of the cervix "plug" going, it can be white or even clear - so do get yourself checked out.
if the liquid is the hind waters trickling down that means that the amniotic sack is now broken, if ever so slightly, so baby could have a risk if infection.

I don't want to alarm you, but the safest thing would be to get checked out.

If indeed the waters are broken they might keep you in and induce you, so pack your bags, just in case!

my DD's godmother is a midwife and she said they'd rather check you time and time again to find no problems, then miss something important/vital!

Snakeears Sat 17-Nov-12 15:51:41

... and I really should know the answer to this one because it's not my first baby but (sorry if TMI)
... My first was born at 37+1 and I am currently 36+5 but in the last 2 days my bump has seriously dropped and I have had heavier but watery discharge. I have also had some sort of mucusy stuff but it doesn't seem as much in one go as last time and also is paler colour - white not yellowy colour. (last time my plug went at midday then waters went 8pm but only fore waters so it wasn't a lotm of liquid, labour started - well contractions that hurt started at 2/3 am and ds born at 10.)

I am probably just forgetting things and the same thing happened last time but because of the change in discharge do you think it's worth me checking out it's nothing other than discharge.

what do you think?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now