Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

May 2013 - we've seen our babies and our trousers are tighter as we enter the second trimester!

(996 Posts)
SevenElvesAndAReindeer Fri 16-Nov-12 17:53:42

Shiny new thread. Come and grab a brew and a biscuit.

Wirrawoo Sat 24-Nov-12 09:47:47

wilde hopefully my NCT class will be more like yours smile

We are in a difficult position with moving as well.We are renting and saving for our deposit.However, I am self employed and I think we are going to have to stay in private rented for a long time now sad
With a baby,Wedding and the way house prices are rising I just don't think we will ever be able to get on the property ladder.

milkandribena Sat 24-Nov-12 12:14:28

jealous of you all who have felt flutters and movement - nothing sad
10 hope the meds worky
Elly Glad the scan was good
little hope you continue to feel better
welcome back pink

oh beaver london prices - no fun. Non-man lives in London as is now tied into working there for a couple of years. He owns but once you move out you can't move back though he is desperate to. I know lots of people who commute to London from here - it's only an hour away. A house prices show it but it is still less than London. I just can't believe DC is going to be a southern. smile

ohh NCT non-man wouldn't be able to come to any which wouldn't seem right. Part of me wants to for the getting to know other people but I HATE anything organised fun like or people who get really into those sort of things or those 'professional mothers' types. Which round me there are a lot of. So I don't know.

Right off to B&Q - I am slowly doing my place up which is great fun. But time consuming.

GeordieCherry Sat 24-Nov-12 13:51:44

15 weeks today smile
Continuing to sort out the horror that is the spare room so we can turn it into a lovely nursery. It's taking a while...

berri Sat 24-Nov-12 14:30:28

Just another one to add about NCT experiences - I absolutely loved our whole group, we're all still very close despite moving around the country (and other countries!).

The group became probably my closest friends, and we all looked after each other's kids when subsequent siblings arrived etc, as the kids all felt so comfortable in each other's company.

I think it's bonkers to write off a particular organisation because you might meet someone you don't like - the people who join NCT are no more/less likely to be a bunch of twats than people you'll meet on a NHS course. It's all pot luck, like RTchoke said.

I also met a huge group of friends through a baby massage course which I started when DS was around 6 weeks old. We all just clicked which was strange. I also did a baby yoga course but didn't click with anyone! It's all random.

LittleBairn Sat 24-Nov-12 20:18:53

I'm watching the One Born every minute catch up crying at the titles never mind the content.

Kittykatmacbill Sat 24-Nov-12 21:20:02

Gosh couple of days without 3G and loads to catch up on. I was visiting my bf from school who live in amazing ruralness, which was lovely but my normally very cute 15mth god-daughter was terrifyingly grizelly with teething eeeek.

Haven't got anything to add to the london house price debate. Sounds horrible... Always avoided living in London for that reason and kinda enjoy the shock of London friends when they see housing in the of the uk! (hmmm not helpful - sorry)

Thought you might like this on nct - the nct group which my mother joined to have me (32ish years ago) still meet! I think its only six of the original 10, but they still are the most amazing support for each other. The people that my mother was most excited about telling was the nct group! I am still really close friends with one of the other 'nct babies'!

We have decided to nct, not for that reason although obviously if I can get 10% of the experience that my mother had that would be wonderful, but for the boring logistical reason that my dh can't make the nhs class time! grin

Definely needing the maternity trousers, have not felt movement yet, but am wincing everytime I pick up anything off the floor... blush

14 + 6

lollypopsicle Sat 24-Nov-12 22:53:23

Well, I can report that Cobra alcohol free lager does not taste of lager. Boooo. Becks Blue is still the best of a terrible bunch

My bump seems to have grown somewhat overnight. I think I look rather pregnant now, not just fat...I hope!

lollypopsicle Sat 24-Nov-12 22:53:53

14+2

LittleBairn Sun 25-Nov-12 10:26:05

I'm now thinking of joining the NCT classes but not for the prenatal classes but for the baby groups after, just realised the Glasgow group isn't that far from me by train.
If you have a membership how much extra do you pay for courses and baby classes?
Will definitely be doing a few baby groups, it gives me focus and structure for the week.

LittleBairn Sun 25-Nov-12 10:27:01

I'm 14+5 feel like its going quite quickly now we will all have babies in no time. grin

rachywhite83 Sun 25-Nov-12 15:46:25

Yay ! 16 weeks today ! gringringrin

Picklep Sun 25-Nov-12 20:10:57

Just checking in ladies, all good here. Have got mw appt this week with doppler, those that have had it, does mw do anything else at this appt? My main concern is more bloods?

Only just recovered from watching One Born Every Minute - the follow up, I watched it on Thursday!

Bunnychan Sun 25-Nov-12 20:53:34

Hi ladies! Hope all is well! I'm posting coz I feel like I need to own up to how badly I have eaten these last four days! I've had loads of take aways and junky snacks! I'm feeling guilty and thought that if I posted about it, it would motivate me to eat better! So, ladies, hand on heart! I'm going to eat better this week!
14+3 x

Pickle I just had Doppler and she felt my tummy.We discussed blood results and various other things and no bloods were taken.She said my next lot of bloods will be 28 week appt to check iron levels.

I feel really uncomfortable today.Constipation again angry and a lil bit of heartburn.Just feeling really heavy,irritable,fat and ugly sad

When does the glow start

15+3

MaybeAMayBaby Sun 25-Nov-12 21:01:26

Haha, Bunny. Me too. I've had 3 takeaways this week. I've been so knackered. Gotta sort that out.

I didn't do a single group or class with DD1. But I had 2 very good friends on maternity at the same time. They've both moved away, so now your talk about nct has got me thinking. I'm just not too good at that first initial turning up thing. Argh. What do you do? Is it a 'meeting' or do you go to classes? I'm confused.
Saw myself today in a video of my DD's birthday party. I look proper pregnant!

MaybeAMayBaby Sun 25-Nov-12 21:02:22

14+6

I read that next week baby can hear things! Wow! I remember hitting that milestone with DD. seems amazingly early.

cuppateaandagingersnap Sun 25-Nov-12 22:07:29

Knackered today, was out last night for the first time in ages, was very very bad a teensy bit naughty, not only had half a glass a few sips of champagne, had a canapé with pâté on it, a Roquefort cheese tarte and my steak was bloody, I have promised myself i will be so so good from now on, but it felt good to be out enjoying myself!

LittleBairn Sun 25-Nov-12 22:30:17

I know it's way too early but I though I felt a movement today. I was resting in the armchair and suddenly felt something that felt like a wave over my lower abdomen it was very odd.

14+5

scooby26 Mon 26-Nov-12 00:36:52

Awake and annoyed.com!

glad to hear all going well for everyone and ditto and the eating badly- whoops! Defo stress related here ;-)

Had an offer on our house ~ this is the third time we have tried to sell it. Unfortunately I was asked whether ny chnge of circs likely and my honest self coughed being pregnant- we Ate now struggling to get. Mortgage with our lender ( giving excuses we now don't believe) and are tied into a fixed rate so can't afford to leave them. Sooo frustrated.

Moral is- if u are buying a house and are Not asked- do NOT volunteer the info! Probably would get sorted eventully but due to tight timescales I think ours will be off and we will have to take house of market now until our fixed rate expires. Aargh ... Poooey.

In addition we are potty training for last week with mixed success so frustrated all round.

Can u all send me some good news to read please! Thanks muchly!

scooby26 Mon 26-Nov-12 00:38:42

Oh and 14w 3d here and defo feeling baby squirm about- but it is no2 ;-)

hopeful92 Mon 26-Nov-12 09:38:47

My revised EDD is now 28th May, I got put back a week at the scan so I am now 13+7 not 14+7 but its all good as it gives me an extra week of not being induced (its meant to hurt a lot more when induced). Still suffering bad morning all day sickness, and lost a stone and a half through this. Not a bad thing though as my BMI was 35.2 at booking and now its 31.9.

LittleBairn Mon 26-Nov-12 09:42:28

hopeful my BMI was/is the same it was 35 now around 31 due to loosing weight partly also to do with getting my height wrong. That said I put little faith by BMI and have refused to meet with the consultant or discuss it any further with the midwives.

Rhienne Mon 26-Nov-12 12:57:55

Things have been a bit up and down over here. Supposed to have been working all weekend at a major meeting for my organisation, but got gastro Friday night and spent the weekend flaked out. Still off today. Feel a bit like I missed the party! And slightly stuffed on the flexitime front, as I'd let myself get behind, knowing I'd make up loads of hours this weekend. Hmmm. See an uncomfortable discussion with HR coming up.

On the upside, LO decided to spend all Friday night being very energetic. So I know he/she's feeling fine!

TerracottaPie Mon 26-Nov-12 13:15:04

Hi all smile

Not been around for what seems like ages as I've been ill. Going to read up on all your goings on in this shiny new thread now.

Hope you're all doing ok.

16+6

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now