Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

May 2013 - we've seen our babies and our trousers are tighter as we enter the second trimester!

(996 Posts)
SevenElvesAndAReindeer Fri 16-Nov-12 17:53:42

Shiny new thread. Come and grab a brew and a biscuit.

Kittykatmacbill Sun 18-Nov-12 08:55:16

Definitely not glowing, looking fat (not pregnant) and generally a bit drained. And even beter i have woken up with the most terrible cold. Have been wearing maternity jeans for a bit as other trousers are totally agony...

Still really happy as Edinburgh is lovely and sunny and I am at 14 weeks grin

SeaSalt1 Sun 18-Nov-12 10:20:17

I'm looking forward to getting a belly - I've been pretty ill with MS and have lost about 8lbs so far - can't wait for this stage to finish so I can go maternity wear shopping and have a nice bump. We're back from our holiday and scan is tomorrow (plus chat with the dr. about the weight loss I think). Please cross everything for a good appointment...

Thanks for all the kind words about the chicken incident - no tummy bug, thank GOODNESS, I'm not sure I could have dealt with that on top of the general nausea etc.

12+5

Ellypoo Sun 18-Nov-12 10:28:08

Good luck for your appt tomorrow sea

I have been told I look glowing but I think people are just trying to make me feel better because I just feel shattered constantly!!

Feeling a few little 'rumblings' but my scan on fri showed I've got anterior placenta so I probably won't feel any proper movements for a while yet sad

Ellypoo Sun 18-Nov-12 10:28:40

Forgot to add 15+5

10storeylovesong Sun 18-Nov-12 11:08:21

I keep getting told I'm glowing... usually as I exit the toilet after losing my lunch! Tbh, it's pissing me off as I feel like crap and know I look the same!

I've been wearing maternity jeans and leggings from really early on, mainly cos I could justify buying new clothes more if believed I'd get my wear out of it! I've just been having a good nosy on eBay but keep getting outbid at the last second!

LittleBairn Sun 18-Nov-12 11:32:29

The only glow I have is from the sheen of sweat after a vomitting session...

13+5

tasmaniandevilchaser Sun 18-Nov-12 14:41:26

Sea salt hope tomorrow's appt goes well

And hope everyone's MS fades soon and you really are glowing

Lolly so sorry to hear about your friend sad

Rhienne Sun 18-Nov-12 17:42:35

Ah yes, that oh so elusive pregnancy glow. I put it in the same box as "morning sickness" and the suspicious silence on so many uncomfortable/painful pregnancy symptoms. Part of the conspiracy. smile

Had a fab day yesterday, DH was wonderful. He took out DS all afternoon, came home and cooked dinner for me and my friend. Put DS to bed, cleaned up the kitchen and then sat reading his mag while we continued our "Pride and Prejudice" marathon !!!

But I think I overdid it - stayed up too late, then spent all day today out shopping. Sigh. Still waiting for my energy to reappear!

I've been in maternity trousers for a couple of weeks. Still fit the jeans I bought in the months just post DS' arrival, but not my smaller sized ones any more. Splurged on a maternity dress for the festive season on Zulily, hope it is ok in reality!

[I blame any overuse of exclamation points in this post on pregnancy vehemence: my version of pregnancy rage.]

GeordieCherry Sun 18-Nov-12 17:59:27

There you are! Hello!

Had our scan & we're a wee bit ahead of what we'd thought: 14+1 grin

Sorry for everyone still feeling pukey. Mine is coming & going. My appetite is definitely improving though, hurray!

I'm out if my skinny jeans for sure & only managing two pairs of 'normal' jeans with long top & bump band
Best discovery: Bay Trading jeggings. Not a shop or an item of clothing I've embraced before but Oooh yeah!

Have been doing some window shopping for nursery furniture in Ikea but not going to get anything til after all clear from 20 week scan

roastpotatoes Sun 18-Nov-12 22:39:42

I'm into my maternity trousers as well - once I put them on for one day there was no going back, way to comfy! And I think they make my bump look like more of a bump rather than fat tummy, which is always good!

I'm starting to actually enjoy being pregnant now... Never would have imagined during the first few weeks that I would hear myself say that. The main thing I don't like still is the tiredness. Did a two hour drive this evening and really struggled - had to have the radio on loud and concentrate really hard.

Definitely no glow around here....

Good luck with the scan sea and the Drs appointment - hope you start to feel better soon.

LittleBairn Mon 19-Nov-12 09:15:52

Its my second scan today, feeling much more relaxed just hope it's not in another awkward position.

13+6

Picklep Mon 19-Nov-12 12:00:40

Good luck seasalt and littleb for your scans!

Feeling crappish today, back in bed. Bad day for excessive mucus production and gagging!! Feel like I'm getting a cold. Quick question ; would you be pissed off if someone came to visit you with a stinking cold? I don't quite trust my judgement at moment because of hormones and I do seem to be getting more protective over bump, it's almost primal. I nearly hit a man for delivering a package at my front door with cigarette hanging out of his mouth!

Boodstress Mon 19-Nov-12 12:07:20

Hi all,
Where can I find the list as I wasn't on the last time I checked but I had updated and reposted? I am well into maternity clothes. DC3 and my bump is very significant. My tummy muscles were so shot that itjust popped straight out.My SPD has kicked in already, so early this time. Any amount of walking or lifting and I am so sore. I am wearing a belt and doing my exercises but with such a long road ahead and two small DSs to run after I am a bit apprehensive. Does any one else have this condition?
Still unsure about finding out the sex. I am worried I would feel any disspointment which I know you don't feel when that gorgeous baby is put in your arms. Anyway, just checking in, 16 + 3

Picklep Mon 19-Nov-12 13:28:37

boodstress there is a separate thread for stats, it's called May 2013 - Stats thread or similar.

Craftyjessicat Mon 19-Nov-12 14:56:38

Hi everyone, I'm new and just thought I'd pop in. I'm due 18th May and am starting to feel its all real and exciting as I have a little bump now. Though I'm sure to everyone else it just looks like I'm a bit fat!

I've had a really crappy month picking up pretty much every bug going- sickness and upset tummy then an awful sore throat and cold where I felt I was choking all the time then an horrendous cough which in the last week has turned into sinusitis! Thankfully the Dr has given be some beasty painkillers so I can actually get on with the day without crying!

Haven't managed to buy any maternity clothes yet though I think time is up on my skinny jeans. Think I am just gong to resort to leggings and dp's jumpers as he is 6'6" giant they are nice and baggy on me being only 5'4"! Yes we are a hilarious looking couple!

Wirrawoo Mon 19-Nov-12 17:04:21

Hi crafty and welcome! brew big jumpers are the way to go. Am living in them at the mo.
Good luck for those having their scans. Have been having butterfly-like feelings today. Is that baby dancing around in there? Feels like those flutters you get when you first fall in love.
Our downstairs neighbour has just given us LOADS of their old baby stuff: bath, steriliser, unused activity mat, loads of clothes. So grateful, we are going to need all the hand-me-downs we can find! She talked about something called an Angel Blanket or something that detects if the baby stops breathing and beeps, so you aren't constantly checking them every 5 mins. Any thoughts?

Wirrawoo Mon 19-Nov-12 17:05:26

Forgot to say am 16+2 I think.

frankienoodles Mon 19-Nov-12 18:25:21

Helllooo new thread!

Marking my place as I haven't posted much at all!

definitely not glowing... skin seems to be simultaneously dry and a few breakouts at the same time, which is ... new (deep breath)

Hi crafty my scan last week informs me that we are due date buddies! generally been feeling fine despite slight dizziness that midwife said was normal. How are you?

seasalt interesting what you say re. having a chat about weight loss with dr... im wondering if i should enquire about mine since i've lost nearly a stone !(no reason since i'm eating ok) im still in the normal bmi range not under so i should be fine and ive been weighed at appts and scan without them mentioning so its a mystery. I hope your chat and scan goes well so sorry
that youve been so poorly.

14+2 xxx

wilderumpus Mon 19-Nov-12 18:53:40

hey all

so lovely to hear about all the flutterings and maternity clothes smile My baby has stopped giving me any nudges or flutters for the past week, am not impressed, I miss them!

Had to go to EPU today as i had some bad bleeding this morning. completely terrified, along with the spotting I have generally have I thought that was it for us. However, baby is completely fine, very chilled and it turns out my placenta is covering my cervix a little bit and this will cause bleeding if I overdo it. So now I have to chill out and stop being a maniac whenever I feel I have a bit of energy! yay! Am delighted to finally hear that the baby really is ok and any spotting is nothing at all to do with mc or 'one of those things' but actually has a cause.

i had to warn my nct friends that I was preggers as I am seeing them this weekend and really, I am at a stage like some of you say where some days I look wonderfully pg and my bump looks bump-like, and others is kind of goes pfffft and I just look fat! I had to say I am fat... and pg smile

wilderumpus Mon 19-Nov-12 18:53:53

oh 14+6

10storeylovesong Mon 19-Nov-12 19:19:48

wirra that's the monitor we're getting - think its called Angelcare or similar. A couple of my friends have it and really recommend it.

I'm so jealous of all those feeling flutters - I've felt nothing yet. Also feeling very fed up as sickness has ramped up again over last couple of days - surely it must be close to finishing?!

berri Mon 19-Nov-12 19:24:09

Hi crafty! Hi everyone....

Looks like we're kind of in the same boat wilde with the placenta problems and being told to take it easy. I'm just thanking my lucky stars that I'm not working at the moment and embracing the brew and [biscuits]

berri Mon 19-Nov-12 19:24:35

biscuit plural! grin

Ellypoo Mon 19-Nov-12 19:50:42

Hi all, am feeling absolutely pants today - cold that has been lurking has finally come out and im so achey with a stinking headache and sore throat. Had to come home early from work. Think I'll try to go to the docs tomorrow, i just want to check if there's anything we can do to make sure baby is ok. Or should I call MW? Does anyone know?

LittleBairn Mon 19-Nov-12 20:07:40

Talking about monitors the Anglecare one is excellent my sister and bosses have both used it and raved about it.
Another one I would reccomed particuarly if your using something like an Amby nest would be a snuzza baby mointor it clips onto the babies nappy and I think may have a quicker alert to an unresponsive baby.

Here they are here www.babymonitorsdirect.co.uk/categories/35/Browse-Monitors-By-Feature/Nappy-Baby-Movement-Monitors/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now