Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

May 2013 - we've seen our babies and our trousers are tighter as we enter the second trimester!

(996 Posts)
SevenElvesAndAReindeer Fri 16-Nov-12 17:53:42

Shiny new thread. Come and grab a brew and a biscuit.

mwncigirl Fri 16-Nov-12 22:43:13

Sorry about last message, still can't type on my comp and only way to mark my place.
Thanks for the new thread! It's so good to hear how everyone's getting on.

Kittykatmacbill Fri 16-Nov-12 23:04:10

seven great thread name! And I'm my case sadly very true, just ordered some smart work trousers, so meetings should be a little less agony!
panda that is a truly terrible reaction, really bizarre is she normally like that? Puts my reation issues in perspective...
Just marking my place, hard to keep up! grin

wilderumpus Sat 17-Nov-12 08:01:21

congrats on your girl berri! whee!

not my boy seven! Is wirra grin I don't know what I am having yet!

peardrop2 Sat 17-Nov-12 08:14:07

berri congrats on your lovely news. How many weeks were you when you found out? My next scan is at 16 weeks so I'm hoping they can tell me then!

SevenElvesAndAReindeer Sat 17-Nov-12 09:33:30

Sorry wilde, will go and change it blush.

LittleBairn Sat 17-Nov-12 09:48:50

I actually had to go buy some smaller trousers last night I hoped to hold out until I needed maternity wear but all my trousers were falling apart. I was going to buy some bras too unsure of my size now and I don't want my uber sensitive boobs measured.

Currently feeling pissed off with DH he now has the minor common cold I had last week ( I also had a flare up of my sinus problems unlike DH...) he's acting all pathetic and expecting sympathy. NO bloody way I had to get on with our plans last weekend while not being able to take anything for it while he's on every cold med he can get his hands on!

Bunnychan Sat 17-Nov-12 10:16:41

littlebairn my man is the same lol! Go out for the day and let him die by himself lol! I'm thinking about getting some new trousers today. I know it's early (especially as this is my first) but I've woken up massive! I probably still look fat rather than pg but honestly, it wasn't this big last night! 13+2 x

cuppateaandagingersnap Sat 17-Nov-12 10:45:09

I'm just about to head out to buy trousers too, sick of being cut in half all week! I've definitely got a little belly poking out although may be mostly gas (sorry TMI!)

14+3

10storeylovesong Sat 17-Nov-12 11:39:14

Congrats to all those who have found out their sex - so jealous! I'm so impatient!

Ellypoo Sat 17-Nov-12 13:42:35

Thanks for the new thread seven

Glad you haven't got infected fluid tas, and hope you feel better really soon.

berri, yay to finding out!
We have decided not to find out intentionally but if we happen to due to the extra scans then fair enough smile

Am so uncomfortable, lower back ache, and bump ache and the start of PGP, can't get comfy in bed, even with loads of pillows. Also, I get really achey lower legs by the end of the day - sorry, had sworn that I wouldn't moan if I got pregnant again, and I'm trying not to.

SevenElvesAndAReindeer Sat 17-Nov-12 13:55:37

Elly we're allowed to moan while we're pregnant, we're growing new life inside us and it takes its toll on our bodies. It doesn't mean for one second we're not thrilled to be pregnant, at least here we can all moan together smile.

My trousers are still fine, I haven't put any weight on yet either despite not having morning sickness. I was wearing maternity jeans at 8 weeks with DD.

Is anyone else still completely exhausted?

12+1

LittleBairn show your DH this and make him feel thoroughly ashamed. wink

LittleBairn Sat 17-Nov-12 14:16:24

grin mamma will show that too him!
Bunny he eventually dragged himself out of bed. I left him to it and went to Mothercare to look at baby bouncer/rockers as my mum is keen to know what to buy for a gift but I'm really fussy so she insists I choose it.
All I want is something that reclines well, lasts until 6-9 months and is a tad softer than a Brillo pad! Oh yeah and no bloody flashing lights and all the rubbish.

Watching an American birth programm I want to punch the bastard Dr who is sniggering "I've done this a hundred time...a million times...I know every trick in the book" yip you guesed it hes a Male Dr he never bloody 'done' anything! he's pissed off she refused an epidural.

Gemlove Sat 17-Nov-12 14:19:39

Hello to all... New joining this thread. I'm due may 11th so am 15+1 ... Thought I felt a little flip flop of the bean down there last night, but don't know whether it was in my imagination!!

This is my first and still trying to pinch myself!

I wore my skinny black jeans for the last time last night - never been so uncomfortable at a dinner in my whole life. Time for the stretchy comfy jeans!!

LittleBairn Sat 17-Nov-12 14:22:11

Welcome gem This is my first too and I still can't quite believe its actually real too. smile

13+4

Bunnychan Sat 17-Nov-12 17:19:18

Well, I looked at the maternity clothes in the new look, panicked and ran lol. I'm not ready yet I think :-s x

tasmaniandevilchaser Sat 17-Nov-12 18:46:47

hi gem nice to have you on board! I'm feeling little flip flops as well smile

bunny same here, thought new look mat clothes looked nice. Though I must say I wasn't ready either!

15+4

berri Sat 17-Nov-12 18:50:20

Thanks everyone smile

peardrop the sonographer said she had a good idea at 15 weeks but I knew I was having another scan at 16 so we waited until then just in case she changed her mind!

16+2 now, and the maternity jeans are ON!

babygeek Sat 17-Nov-12 18:56:59

Hi there Gem, welcome to our lovely thread. I am still in my skinny black jeans but always with the button and zip undone! And long tops or bump band of course smile Lucky they are reasonably tight so no chance of them potentially falling down haha.

Bunny I managed to pick up a couple of really cute maternity dresses and bump band from eBay last weekend. For some reason it felt less scary/committal than buying them a high st shop, not sure why?? I still only have a wee bump so they are ready in reserve at the moment. There are some great bargains on there too.

Elly go ahead and moan as much as you like, we are all suffering in our own ways. It's nice to know I'm not the only one. My DP said he didn't know pregnancy turned women into such whingers! Claimed to be joking, I will tell him I have 40+ pregnant ladies who would not take too kindly to that comment! Can you all turn up to my doorstep to tell him off please? grin

rachywhite83 Sat 17-Nov-12 20:27:36

I'm in agony ! My nipples are going to drop off I think ! Please tell me I'm not the only one. Feel like someone is pulling crocodile clips in them sad

MooLL Sat 17-Nov-12 20:39:56

Yup rschy another one with painful nips ... I describe them as if someone has sliced off tge ends OUCH!!!!

Meant to say was chatting to my midwife about the research findings on alcohol in pregnancy that came out this week. She told me to ignore them as the quality of the research was very poor ... And advocated a nice drink over Christmas!!! Loving my midwife!

Wirrawoo Sun 18-Nov-12 00:10:11

Hi gem welcome smile
Have been in maternity jeans for a few weeks now blush could probs have still fitted into my old ones but they were soooo uncomfortable. Seraphine had some nice skinny maternity jeans so got a blue and black pair and am living in them!
All these people feeling flip flops... can't feel it yet. Last night felt like a small something was poking into some internal organ but couldn't quite tell if it was bubs or not.
gem it's my first too and feel the same... It's all so exciting and can't quite believe its all real.
Don't worry elly moan away. If you can't moan on an internet forum then where the frack can you?! wine

lollypopsicle Sun 18-Nov-12 07:56:30

Hello ladies. New fred already, we're rattling through them smile
I went to a wedding yesterday. The bride is pg and had to buy a new dress on Thursday as her bump had suddenly grown and she couldn't fit into it anymore! She still looked great, had that glow I'm waiting for!

Most people I've told at work say they suspected as I've got a proper belly now that is hard to hide. Although its still at that 'could be preggo could be fat' stage . I've been in maternity trousers/jeans for a few weeks but haven't moved on to tops yet. I'm showing much earlier than last time. DP thinks its going to be a girl based on this evidence hmm

MS is defo getting better, mostly a first thing and evening thing now. I'm still tired all the time tho.

milk I'm loving the non-man adventures It's like a mini soap to keep up to date with- all romantic n stuff smile

*RT I can see what you mean about the stress of tests that give you a risk but not an answer. That is why I didn't have any. A friend of mine just found out her unborn baby has downes as she had the amnio. They have decided to abort. It's such a difficult and personal decision and I really don't think you know how you'll react until you're in that situation (like you were saying) I'm gutted for her. Every time I think about it, it makes me cry sad. As someone else said, for me DS is kind of the least of my worries. But everyone is different and has to make choices based on what's best for them and their family.

Anyway, enough of my ramblings! Hope everyone is well. Anyone been told they're 'glowing' yet?

lollypopsicle Sun 18-Nov-12 08:08:24

Forgot to add 13+3

cuppateaandagingersnap Sun 18-Nov-12 08:44:55

I just keep getting people tell me I look pale and tired perhaps that's just another way of saying 'glowing' hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now