Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

May 2013 - we've seen our babies and our trousers are tighter as we enter the second trimester!

(996 Posts)
SevenElvesAndAReindeer Fri 16-Nov-12 17:53:42

Shiny new thread. Come and grab a brew and a biscuit.

ArtigeneAuberchoke Tue 04-Dec-12 18:40:43

I am so sorry to hear your news LittleB. I am sending you all my good wishes for the next few days and I hope it all goes as smoothly as possible.

scooby26 Tue 04-Dec-12 18:50:41

LittleB- absolutely devasted for you. Can't begin to know how you are coping. Really hope you both have some good support out there and that you get some answers so that you never have to go through this again . Love and best wishes xx

Ellypoo Tue 04-Dec-12 19:08:18

I am so so sorry littleb, sending you best wishes and hugs xxx I hope the next days, weeks and months are gentle on you xxx

tasmaniandevilchaser Tue 04-Dec-12 19:09:03

littleb I'm so sorry to hear your news, I'm gutted for you. I wish I could come and give you a big hug, but will have to make do with thanks. I hope you have someone holding you now, looking after you. I hope your DH is ok, I know it's hard on our partners too. Look after each other.

CatchingMockingbirds Tue 04-Dec-12 19:26:07

thanks I'm so so sorry littlebairn sad

LittleB Im so so sorry.My sympathies to you and your DH.I hope you are getting lots of rest.Hugs to you both xxxx

Wirrawoo Tue 04-Dec-12 19:50:40

littleb I'm so so sorry, sending you loads of love and good wishes. I hope you have good support over this time and we will be thinking of you. Xxxxxxx

SevenElvesAndAReindeer Tue 04-Dec-12 20:03:25

littleb I don't know what to say other than that I'm so so sorry. Thinking of you and your DH xxx

lollypopsicle Tue 04-Dec-12 20:11:39

little I've been thinking of you the last few days and feel so sad that you're going through this. Take care x

cuppateaandagingersnap Tue 04-Dec-12 20:15:50

Thinking about you and your DH LittleB so so sorry for your loss, xxoo

LittleBairn so sorry to hear your sad news. Sending hugs and thanks.

10storeylovesong Tue 04-Dec-12 21:09:25

So, so sorry to hear your news little. Look after yourself x

GeordieCherry Tue 04-Dec-12 21:38:52

LB that's such sad news
Hope all goes as smoothly as possible. Lots of rest & tlc for you & Mr LB
Thinking about you x

shelly81 Tue 04-Dec-12 21:42:48

So sorry little :-( my heart goes out to you xxx

Kittykatmacbill Tue 04-Dec-12 21:49:00

Oh littleb heart broken for you. I am so sorry.

milkandribena Tue 04-Dec-12 22:01:00

I am so sorry littleb My heart goes out to you and your DP. Take care of each other xxx

roastpotatoes Tue 04-Dec-12 22:06:49

I'm so so sorry to hear this LB. Do take care of yourself. thanks

MooLL Tue 04-Dec-12 22:07:33

littleB words cannot express how sorry I am for you... Look after yourself and DH ... Stay strong through the weeks to come thanks

berri Wed 05-Dec-12 02:14:29

Little how terribly sad, I'm so so sorry. There's nothing harder, I feel so sad for you. I too hope that you have lots of support around you. xx

SeaSalt1 Wed 05-Dec-12 06:46:51

So sad for you LittleB, I know nothing can make it feel any easier at the moment but I wanted to add my sympathies to everyone else's. Thinking of you and your husband as you get through this. HUGE hug and we're all here if you need us.

Picklep Wed 05-Dec-12 08:31:45

Uh-oh ...snow and ice here, makes me extra nervous, what with an already bad back and sciatica....I'm also a bit clumsy! Good luck out there everyone.

ArtigeneAuberchoke Wed 05-Dec-12 08:58:34

Yes good luck all. I just slipped as I exited Pret a Manger: landed on my arse, sat on my yoghurt and granola and threw my coffee down my coat. Because I was still wearing my embarrassing Underground 'Baby on Board' badge about 10 people flew to my aid. One started offering an ambulance but miraculously it's only my pride that seems injured. Well my pride and my outfit. Being Emglish I jumped straight up, apologised to everyone and scuttled off. Be more careful than me ladies.

Wirra - how was the feotal heart scan yesterday?

Still thinking of you lots LittleB.

Picklep Wed 05-Dec-12 09:14:18

Oh artigene poor you, it sounds like something I would do, except I'd dash round the corner and sob. How lovely that people helped though, restores my faith in humanity when I hear things like that. Why do we do the jumping up thing????? We're a funny species. Glad you're OK. I need one of those bAdges for christmas shopping, couldn 't believe all the pushing and shoving yesterday.

Wirrawoo Wed 05-Dec-12 10:24:40

Morning artigene smile it's good to know Londoners will look out for a pregnant lady in snowy times! Last year the hill near us got so icy that I did a comedy slide about 10 metres before swinging around a lamppost to stop... Might avoid that one this time around!
The foetal scan was all good thanks, they checked very thoroughly, we got to see the blood flow light up through the heart valves and as he was curled up and too comfy to move she scanned us for ages trying to get him to stretch out so she could check the aorta. Saw his little feet and a yawn... Amazing. She switched to 4D for a sec but we all agreed it's still
more freaky than cute at this stage so switched back quickly! Am hugely relieved, this takes my risk down a lot which is great. Great Ormond St hospital totally blew me away, the people skills of the staff, the atmosphere, the total dedication to making it a supportive environment for kids and parents. We walked away feeling very well cared for (and with another scan pic that she gave us). I walked at high speed down to covent garden afterwards just to ebb that tension away and calm down. Then had a massive chocolate brownie grin to celebrate.
Be careful in the snow everyone x

wilderumpus Wed 05-Dec-12 12:31:57

Oh littleb what sad news. I know you won't be ok now and this is an utterly shit situation. I hope you can take lots of time off work to recuperate at home and please don't make yourself 'bounce back'. I hope they can find a reason for what happened to your baby and help you in the future. Take care of yourself and do whatever you need to to get through this, won't you. thanks x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now