Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

May 2013 - we've seen our babies and our trousers are tighter as we enter the second trimester!

(996 Posts)
SevenElvesAndAReindeer Fri 16-Nov-12 17:53:42

Shiny new thread. Come and grab a brew and a biscuit.

SecretCervix Fri 16-Nov-12 17:58:33

Hi. Didn't realise other thread was full already. Hope everyone is well. Liking thread title. Better than mine on the last thread.

15+1

SevenElvesAndAReindeer Fri 16-Nov-12 18:05:40

secret just thought I'd get ahead so we could link to the new one, there were only 4 posts left on it anyway.

MaybeAMayBaby Fri 16-Nov-12 18:16:41

last time I looked was days ago! I'd probably better catch up-all good I hope? Thanks, Seven. .

Full of a cold-AGAIN! Is this normal? I am also peeing all the bloody time. In worried now it a urine infection. No other symptoms though. Anyone else peeing even more than before?
. DH and I are both sulking over which takeaway we should have tonight.
Decisions decisions.

wilderumpus Fri 16-Nov-12 18:20:44

hurrah new thread! thanks seven <marks place>

maybe it is normal as your immune system is lower so takes ages to kick stuff and your nasal membranes might be swollen too (mine are, feel constantly stuffy). and am still peeing lots tho did manage to sleep through last night without going for one single wee! <celebrates>

finished work for day, have lovely weekends all!

ps am SO spotty and greasy today! yuk.

14+3

10storeylovesong Fri 16-Nov-12 18:21:01

Just quickly marking my place...

Seven It's because I had two really long labours before.With ds1 I was prepped for a c section but they got him out with forceps it was awful I had a terrible stitch job and I was in agony afterwards and back in hospital for New Year's Eve/day.With ds2 he had the cord around his neck and I picked up an infection.

Maybe I am still Peeing constantly notice it more at night.I also wondered of it was a bladder infection.

Wirrawoo Fri 16-Nov-12 19:01:25

Love the new thread title!
Wow things really do move fast on these threads. Hope everyone is doing ok today.
wilde hummus-gate made me laugh smile poor you!
seasalt can totally understand your worry. Hopefully by now if it nothing has developed you should be ok. Hope the rest of your trip in Bali is fab. enjoy the sun and sand and hopefully the MS won't be too yucky thanks
panda what an odd and inappropriate reaction! I know it's a really weird situation to find yourself in, but try to to let it get to you. Alas there are some weird people in the world, but you don't want to give something that crap any more of your time and energy.
We've just gone totally 'public' with the news over the last few days and luckily all members of our respective families reacted well. His mum behaved herself which was our main worry and the rest of his and my family were over the moon which has been so lovely. Did the Facebook thing yesterday and have been overwhelmed with the lovely messages from friends around the world. The only slightly negative reaction so far has been the parent of a student today who looked really disappointed for me and went off on one about how my life would never be the same again and how her career ended when she had kids (she was a dancer). Felt really sorry for her, but in my profession I'm surrounded by friends & colleagues that are all supporting each other, navigating kids and balancing it with work. Still it does feel weird when other people project their regrets onto you. I mean, yeah dur of course having a baby changes your life, but that is what life is about. If nothing changed it would be an odd life. I'm 35, this is a change we are both totally fine with!!!
Sorry for the rant, off to have a nice calm cup of tea...

Wirrawoo Fri 16-Nov-12 19:02:30

Oops sorry panda meant to type try NOT to let it get to you blush

LittleSpade Fri 16-Nov-12 19:02:36

Yay shiny new thread!

I think I'm peeing more than ever too! Especially during the daytime - seem to be down to only once per night now though thankfully.

tasmaniandevilchaser Fri 16-Nov-12 19:28:08

hello again. I'm not peeing too much, probably not been drinking enough.

GP just called with chest X-ray results, there's no fluid there and it all looks ok, so it's just a matter of resting and recovering. I always thought pneumonia sounded awful, but I had no idea just how awful! I hope that all the drama and stress is over now.

Hope everyone has a nice weekend!

MooLL Fri 16-Nov-12 19:41:27

Hi all back from midwives appointment and feel drained! It's the first time I've talked to a medical person about by DD birth experience and was surprised how emotional I got ... Anyhow upshot is I will be consultant led (age, pre-eclampsia and emergency c) and midwife didn't bat and eyelid when I said I did not want to try for a vbac but wanted an elective ... Her words were ... "'my goodness I don't blame you after that experience" ... So feeling much better ... Also bp and proteins all good - phew!

SevenElvesAndAReindeer Fri 16-Nov-12 19:57:16

tasmanian glad there's no fluid there, it'll obviously just take longer to fully recover and feel 'normal' again due to pregnancy. Make sure you're getting plenty of rest.

Glad I'm not the only one who can't stop peeing!

berri Fri 16-Nov-12 20:03:40

Thanks for the new thread seven

seasalt try not to get worried, as someone said earlier I think you'd have been struck down by now if you were going to get anything - perhaps it was pre-frozen and that's why it was still raw, which will probably work in your favour. Anyway you probably don't want to be thinking about it anymore!

Got some news, had yet another scan and found out the sex (80% likelihood anyway!) and

it's
a
GIRL!

Totally shocked, thought it was going to be another boy. Mother's intuition not correct on this occasion!

Wirrawoo Fri 16-Nov-12 20:13:26

Congratulations berri!!! Yay for a little girl smile

FlaminNoraImPregnantPanda Fri 16-Nov-12 20:17:30

I'm getting indigestion after ever meal now. Rennie have become my new food group. Waiting for MIL to send some Tums so I don't feel like I'm eating toothpaste.

15+4

TremoloGreen Fri 16-Nov-12 20:21:34

Wow, a new thread!

seasalt I really hope you can relax and enjoy your holiday. If you're not sick from chicken by now, you'll be fine. Just think, even if you feel rubbish, it's better feeling rubbish in Bali than on the commute to work/ walking to the bus in the rain/ trying to sit through a meeting grin

great news on the scans everyone, especially berri

panda your aunt sounds bonkers, what a thing to say!! How did your other family members react to that? Try not to stew over it, it is clearly her issue.

beaut I'm sorry to hear you're having a tough time. Have you managed to talk to your DH? I'm guessing if you haven't told him, you haven't accessed any help before. I really hope you can feel brave enough to tell the midwife (you probably won't be the first person she's seen with this problem) becuase with an ED I think it's quite helpful to have someone to talk to and to have some coping strategies on hand for when things get tough. Would it help you to make a healthy diet plan, maybe with a nutritionist, an just stick to that? Taking the decision-making out of eating is quite good when you're battling with food issues.

As a first timer, I have not thought much about a birth plan yet... kind of sticking my head in the sand! I have a book called 'Birth Skills' by Juju Sindin which a friend gave to me. She also gave one on hypnobirthing which has some hilarious (and amazing) pictures in... think everyone naked, very 70s hairstyles!!

SevenElvesAndAReindeer Fri 16-Nov-12 20:39:12

Yay berri, congratulations!

I've just updated the stats thread with my revised EDD, I've also added berri's girl and wilde's boy, hope no one minds. I know we have another boy too but I'm sorry I can't remember who it is!

milkandribena Fri 16-Nov-12 20:54:22

ohh a new thread

congrats on the girl berri
hope you feel a little better tas
oh no flamin

Pregnancy wise I think everything is okay. My boobs seemed to have grown again overnight. - They'll be as big as my head if they continue sad

It is so nice that people are finding out what they are having smile (non)-man wont let us find out sad

I'm off to his tomorrow - am basically bringing all of my study with me, so much work to do. Probably could do with not going.

LittleBairn Fri 16-Nov-12 21:13:40

Just marking my space.
Feeling very tired, I'm going to spend the weekend in bed.

13+3

LittleBairn Fri 16-Nov-12 21:14:27

Oh yes on Congrats on the girl. berri

cuppateaandagingersnap Fri 16-Nov-12 21:31:11

Fab new thread grin
seasalt hope you're feeling ok and manage to enjoy what's left of your holiday.
berri congratulations on your little girl!!!

I'm another one moving at the start of the year, we have to be out of our house by the 1st Feb so need to find something soon!

Rhienne Fri 16-Nov-12 21:35:29

[waves at people on the new thread]

15+6 today. If I remember correctly, had ms for about 16 weeks last time. So this morning's little episode was one last flash in the pan, and it's all going to be smooth sailing from now on. Right? Right??!?

Hope all those who've been stressed about scans are feeling ok at the moment, and the threatening food poisoning doesn't eventuate, and the pneumonia gets better soon!

Here it's SAD that's threatening. Must find fun activities to do to keep mind of the fact that it's so dark! And just getting darker. Really not a fan of winter this far from the equator... [grumble. Grumble. Grumble] I have a girly afternoon in planned tomorrow, will knit and watch period movies with a girlfriend. DH and DS requested to be elsewhere. Can't do girls nights at the moment, as I'm in bed too early! smile

Rhienne Fri 16-Nov-12 21:37:07

Oh - and can we please be careful to make sure we take the most updated version of the stats thread to copy and paste when we update! There,s a chunk of updates that got dropped. I'm going to reeneter my new date - but I think a few oer newcomers might have disappeared completely. sad

mwncigirl Fri 16-Nov-12 22:40:10

hey

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now