Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

December 2012 - Christmas is coming and we're all getting fat

(986 Posts)

New thread people, can't link as we ran out of room

willyou that is shit!

shock that's ridiculous!!

GinAndaDashOfLime Wed 14-Nov-12 12:59:41

Thank you for your welcomes everyone! I've made 3 huge cottage pies - one for tonight and 2 for freezer for the post birth haze and absolutely knackered now! Don't even like cooking but good to feel like I've achieved something ... When oh when will my energy return?! I remember with DC 1 and 2 getting a massive energy spurt late on and cleaning whole house like a mad woman, but can't remember when it was ... anyone else got that crazy energy yet?

EggsMichelle Wed 14-Nov-12 13:00:57

Welcome Gin, I have also felt at a loose end but keeping busy with making Xmas presents (very creative) or escaping to my parents.

Just been town shopping for the last time, managed to come home with everything I wanted plus very swollen hands and feet, oops! Also got fitted for a maternity bra, and considering I start pregnancy as a 34A, I'm now the proud owner of several 36DD!!!! But they are soo comfy.

Thanks everyone and the results are - hc 320, ac 309, fl 67 weighing in at 5lb 9oz at 34 + 4 <faints> grin little biggerr than last time around about the 70th centile

Off for a mooch around town will catch up on posts later

utopian99 Wed 14-Nov-12 13:47:38

Am doing skirting boards today - have to recline like the queen of sheba so as not to have LOs little feet jabbing into my lungs!

Am aware I've still not packed hospital bag, but want to get this damn house finished!

Ex-Employer is stringing things out interminably; i think they're hoping to stress me into premature labour and hope i drop things. I have assured them there is no way this'll happen. angry

WeeJo08 Wed 14-Nov-12 14:09:21

Bloody hell! Three pages already! smile Working from home today as we have our second (and last) antenatal class this evening - so lovely to have the day home with DH. We got our Moses basket stand last night - it's a rocking one and is white, from John Lewis. It looks so cute! We are also starting the first of the baby clothes washing today grin

Welcome Gin! You probably said and I've forgotten but what's your due date? And no, definitely no crazy energy for me yet!!

Eggs Was it nursing bras you got measured for? Where did you go to get that done? I am planning on doing that at about 38 weeks....probably go to M&S.

Just a quick question for everyone...tomorrow I'm going to the hospital for my birth centre assessment appt. I've written my birth plan which I think I'm happy with apart from one sentence that I'm worried they will find silly, so I wanted to check with you guys...I have asked that the midwife calls me Jo (rather than my full name). When someone uses my full name (Joanne) I always feel like I am 10 years old & about to be shouted at/told off for something, so I thought it would be best to avoid this during labour! Am I being silly? blush I am aware that my birth plan may not even make it out of my hospital bag!!

Sorry for mammoth post <passes round freshly baked brownies & Florentines>

2blessed Wed 14-Nov-12 14:31:38

Weejo I think you're absolutely right to put that detail in your plan. You need your delivery to be as stress free as poss and if that is something that is important to you, then so be it.

I started washing baby clothes last night too - even though dp hasn't put together the chest of drawers - grrr! What I washed last night is mostly for hospital bag though...

MyDaydream Wed 14-Nov-12 14:35:15

Welcome gin. I don't think I'm going to get a massive energy burst, I'm just getting more and more exhausted and breathless each day.
WeeJo I imagine they get it quite a lot name wise since all the print outs from the hospital has full names, I actually think the front cover of my notes has a "preferred name" box so people don't need to keep repeating themselves.
I've written my birth plan more for my DP so he can speak up for me in labour and know what I want, the "no visitors in the hospital" line is definitely for him (and MIL) rather than the midwives who I know are far too busy to police that.

2blessed Wed 14-Nov-12 14:36:04

I'm thinking that LO has dropped, bump looks lower and feels a little softer than usual confused. Guess I'll find out at mw appointment on friday.

2blessed Wed 14-Nov-12 14:36:31

the top of the bump feels softer than usual...

EggsMichelle Wed 14-Nov-12 14:41:59

WeeJo that is exactly the sensible kind of thing that should be in your birth plan, they should ask what you want to be known as but might not. My birthplan has a very horrible life/ death clause that makes me sad when I see it, but know it needs to be in writing (DH and parents have been included in the writing of it).

And my bras are from M&S, fantastic lady helping me, really pleased with the service and there is a £5 off underwear voucher when they measure you. I'm 37wks tomo, so a tiny bit early but I'm not going near a bra shop again, and they took that extra week into consideration.

ellie your measurements are only just a little under mine. If we're estimating I'd say you're at about 5lb 8oz. You're 2 days behind me so measuring exactly the same, puts baby on 70th centile.

2blessed you may find it slightly easier to breathe now if baby's moved down.

I'm funding the hill back from the school run easier these days since bump shrank. Lol

EggsMichelle Wed 14-Nov-12 14:45:17

2blessed my bump is softer on top too, and when I stand up his bum is lower down

WeeJo that's definitely not silly!

I thought my bump had dropped but as the mw mentioned to the student that she could still move the head I assume it's not engaged? Also baby isn't back to back which dd was so I'm happy about that.

Gin no energy surge from me either.

I've asked dp to take the day before induction off too so we can spend the day as a family and take dd for lunch after her casts are changed.

Argh four weeks is forever!!!!

WillYou that's a nice size smile as you'll be a little early you don't want them too tiny. Apparently the bigger ones are easier to push out grin

Welcome gin smile
weejo definitely put it in there, in a bold pen. Once you're in pain especially you'll kick off if someone annoys you by calling you your full name.

Right well my bump is measuring 40cm shock head engaged. Explains my killer pelvis I guess, and my bump has deff dropped.
Was mega interested in everyone's fetal measurements.. So looked up mine from my growth scan last week (35 wks) and I've calculated she then weighed 6lb2!! You can look it up on google btw if anyone was wondering.

Oh and MW tried to weigh me! I refused haha , she's always quite judgemental a bitch I feel and was not in the mood, especially when I refuse to even weigh myself.

ellliebelle Wed 14-Nov-12 16:59:07

willyou thanks for the guestimate smile sounds like an ok size to me im fully prepared for an over 9lber dd1 was 7lb5 and dd2 8lb9.5 i know it doesnt always go up but figured if i prepare myself for a big one then a little one can only be a bonus smile plus id also heard that big ones were easier to push out smile

AlisonDB Wed 14-Nov-12 17:08:16

Glad I found you all got a bit confused,
so we are not using the thread below? (This was the one linked to the bottom of our last thread)

"2012 Ladies with Lebkuchen buns in the oven"

When I was in labour with dd dp was calling me a short version of my name that only my parents and drs call me it really pissed me off he had never called me that before and never has since none of my friends would know me by that name hmm

EggsMichelle Wed 14-Nov-12 17:20:35

very jealous of all you ladies with extra scans and size estimates, who knows what sized monster i have inside me!

I have my new nursing bra on, I don't care that I don't have anything to nurse, they are so bloody comfy!

PurplePidjin Wed 14-Nov-12 17:30:45

Alison, that was me not realising this one had started! We can save it for later or forget grin

I have made birthday cake (of giant proportions) and bolognaise sauce, most of which will get frozen but some is smelling yummy as moussaka right now ready for dinner! On top of knitting group, lunch with my parents and my mate and her 16mo visiting my frantically tidied/child-proofed living room, I'm feeling quite proud of myself!

Clarella Wed 14-Nov-12 17:32:19

Alison I think thats going to be the postnatal thread.... not sure now. Someone needs to go keep honey company soon!

Ugh these last few weeks pains are nasty. I feel like the ligaments up and down my backare being stretched by bump in front. Now I get why preg massages exist cos dh'attempts are crap and he's out at a friends to watch footy

How much should I allow him to drink at 38+2?? I'm being far too lenient aren't I ....

Clarella Wed 14-Nov-12 17:33:24

Oh whoops I think honey has set one up too - good name pidg, I'm sure this one will only last a week ;-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now