Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

The 2nd broadly Gemini luxury bus.

(1000 Posts)

Welcome aboard, for the trip that will take us into the 2nd trimester and beyond, Make yourself comfy as we head towards maternity clothes, new bras, blooming, bumps, scans, and fading ms. Full of chatting, moaning tmi and mutual support.

Here is the link to our last bus.

Lorelei353 Wed 14-Nov-12 10:16:08

Loving the scan pics and not at all jealous envy.

Feeling rough as anything today. Went to get my hair cut last night, felt great. Got home and got a whopper of a migraine. Full on aura-type. I couldn't see anything properly for about 40 mins. Popped two paracetamol and got into bed at 8.30 and there I stayed until my alarm went off this morning (with the usual pee and snack breaks thrown in). Headache is mostly gone but feel so groggy.

Really not loving this pregnancy lark with migraines and sciatica thrown into the mix.

peardrop2 Wed 14-Nov-12 10:19:40

Ah kitty I know it's madness! We heard the heartbeat go up to 172 last night. They say google says that a HB over 140 indicates a girl, I wonder how much truth is in that! I am so certain it's a boy with the pizza face, time of conception and love for meat -- although I'm also loving sweets--!

peardrop2 Wed 14-Nov-12 10:21:37

Oh Lor big hugs to you! Hope your day gets better then yesterday. It takes longer to recover from any twinge, headache, icky feeling then normal I'm finding :-/

Jojoba1986 Wed 14-Nov-12 14:35:44

I'm feeling yucky too! My head just feels a bit sore & foggy & my arm hurts. Pretty sure it's a result of the flu jab yesterday! <Whimper> sad I must've been asleep by 11.30 last night & slept for a whole 4 hours, dozed on & off till 6.30, felt sick until I fell asleep at about 12 & woke up half an hour ago before having a sandwich. Really want to go back to sleep now! It's nice to catch up on the sleep I've been missing recently but I wish I didn't have to feel ill to do it!

(Whinge over!) wink

Sorry to hear about the rough night Lor! Hopefully you can get in a nap today!

Also sending a hug out to Jo. Flu jabs really are the devil. Actually vaccines in general. Not looking forward to the whole baby jabs series again. Makes me sad just thinking about it.

peardrop2 Wed 14-Nov-12 15:29:34

I've not been offered the flu jab. Has anyone else?

I've been offered it pear but I'm baby, not actually me not allowed it (crosses placenta) sodding genetics

peardrop2 Wed 14-Nov-12 17:25:34

I guess it's something to ask the midwife in December at my next appointment!

Or just go to doctor and ask them for one.

MrsBri Wed 14-Nov-12 17:55:48

I've not...keep meaning to though.

On a rammed, boiling train having to stand up. Hell on earth :-(

MrsBri Wed 14-Nov-12 18:22:22

Right...flu jab booked for a week today :-)

I hope the train wasn't too hellish for you mrs

peardrop2 Wed 14-Nov-12 19:22:32

Well I would go to GP but I don't know anything about the risks involved so a bit cautious to join the queue hmm

I don't think there are any risks to pg women and unborn babies, I have a leaflet somewhere, but a small amount does cross the placenta, so I can't have it, because DH can't have it because of a genetic condition, and I'm not taking that risk. also rules out gas and air, and consequently a homebirth or water birth. (I can't do it without painrelief)

peardrop2 Wed 14-Nov-12 20:11:22

What? So if you have a flu jab you can't have gas, water or homebath? Or is that just you who can't?

Jojoba1986 Wed 14-Nov-12 20:52:14

It's not a flu jab thing pear, she can't have any of those things because her DH wouldn't be allowed them because of his condition. The baby might have the same condition so anything that crosses the placenta or is risky because of the condition is a no-no!

There are no risks involved with the flu jab other than having a headache/slight temperature for a few days after. There are, however, huge risks to you & baby if you get flu while pregnant! No brainer in my mind! I'd not been offered it but all pregnant women can have it free. It's best to have it soon as prime flu-season really kicks off in mid-Nov so you'll want to get it before flu gets you! Makes you feel pants though so I'd recommend having it on a Friday!

Jojoba1986 Wed 14-Nov-12 21:04:41

pear Just checked out your photos... I love the progression from faint line to little baby! So cute! grin

Yeah pear it's just me. jojo explained it better than I did. There's a huge list certain medical drugs that DH can't have because of condition. We always presume that bubs has the condition, until tested post birth which means I avoid all drugs he does whilst pregnant. He cant have the flu jab, as not tested on his condition, so no proof that it is safe for him. Gas and air is one of the no-no drugs. And since pethadine isn't available for a homebirth, it rules out a homebirth. damned if I'm pushing without pethadine but it is just me.

So the g&a isn't related to the flu jab at all. its just on the list of what I can't have. I'm a awkward mare grin

My midwife said the flu jab is safe when pg, (for normal people) and pg women are on the priority list.

Jojoba1986 Wed 14-Nov-12 21:54:10

Frus You can have pethidine at a home birth, you just have to get it prescribed by the GP beforehand & keep it in the fridge!

I'm sure my midwife said one couldn't do that any more. hmm it's something to ask when I next see her.

Jojoba1986 Wed 14-Nov-12 22:01:00

She lied. I was offered it when I had DS! It's an epidural you can't have, or any kind of assistance like forceps etc!

Jojoba1986 Wed 14-Nov-12 22:06:02

Fourth paragraph

Apparently it's up to the discretion of the community midwife so they might not do it in your area!

Isn't the 3rd paragraph for in hospital, and only the 4th relates to home. Hmm I'm going to be questioning her. I'd be happy at home with my pethadine.

Jojoba1986 Thu 15-Nov-12 03:54:26

Anyone up? Having napped most of the day I can't sleep & have a nagging headache! sad

This thread is not accepting new messages.