Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

The 2nd broadly Gemini luxury bus.

(1000 Posts)

Welcome aboard, for the trip that will take us into the 2nd trimester and beyond, Make yourself comfy as we head towards maternity clothes, new bras, blooming, bumps, scans, and fading ms. Full of chatting, moaning tmi and mutual support.

Here is the link to our last bus.

I don't understand how we will be able to tell when nesting, when I start now I get urges to clean out cupboards and skirtings etc, keep hoping this is normal and not a pre labour sign, can't wait to confirm baby's ok on wed and defo a girl and will start sorting through bags of clothes etc although where I'll put them I havnt worked out hmm

OhThePlacesYoullGo Sat 05-Jan-13 11:31:34

Kitty and Snowflake, ended up being up till 3.00am, but have finished essay (bar some proofing). BF called his brothers this am and they are coming to help paint this afternoon; they are brilliant.

OhThePlacesYoullGo Sat 05-Jan-13 11:34:08

And kitty, 18 weeks so hurrah for hopefully feeling less tired soon.

I think you'll still be tired at 3 am wink but yeay for great brothers

Lorelei353 Sat 05-Jan-13 11:58:52

places that sounds so tough. hope you're doing ok. definitely rope in some help if you can.

I'm. off to my first pregnancy yoga class now. Can't wait!

OhThePlacesYoullGo Sat 05-Jan-13 15:56:10

It's looking so good! And has actually been really fun with everyone here. We've got the music on and ordered pizzas for lunch. I'm getting ridiculously excited about moving in later this month. It's all been a lot faster than I imagined, but I've kind of fallen in love with the idea of us three as a little family.

OhThePlacesYoullGo Sat 05-Jan-13 15:57:05

Lorelei how was yoga?

FrustratedSycamoreSnowflake Sat 05-Jan-13 16:02:31

Not pre-labour kitty at least not IME general nesting starts about now when you get urges to tidy and clean normal things (like the nursery or Livingroom, sort out storage/get rid of junk etc)

Extreme nesting as i call it is later in pregnancy, (not a labour sign for me either) when you can't sleep because you need to clean the light shades, scrub the inside of the oven, the back of the washing machine, or shower head, steam clean the curtains at 2am or similar random cleaning when you can't control the urges.

Enjoy yoga lorelei I don't have the energy yet.

Yay for brothers places grin

OhThePlacesYoullGo Sat 05-Jan-13 16:09:37

Yay indeed. So they have spent the better part of the past hour coming up with ridiculous baby names, e.g. Aphasia, Pomegranate and Thor.

OhThePlacesYoullGo Sat 05-Jan-13 16:13:55

Snowflake, I think my boyfriend was born 'extreme nesting'. He is definitely near the just about still within the normal range with his cleaning. He routinely bleaches the washing machine, scrubs the oven until it looks new and even the top of his kitchen cupboards are always dust free. He is definitely the anti-boystudent when it comes to hygiene standards (and drove his flatmates insane).

Ohthe places you lucky thing, my dh idea of cleaning is well wiping a surface clear of crumbs that's it!
Thanks frus, I definatly need to clean more but not at the extreme stage yet, I did go into labour half way through flossing doors last time though grin
I'm jeleous of the yoga, I'm just a big lazy pregnant woman sat on the sofa stuffing in chocolate sad

OhThePlacesYoullGo Sat 05-Jan-13 21:08:16

Haha yeah I am lucky. He is a keeper. We got three rooms done and the rest primed today, so very good progress.
Also decided to take advantage of our massive new bathtub when we go back to flat tomorrow. Even bought bubble bath on the way home. I only have a tiny shower in my current flat, so this is very exciting indeed.

Oh and I don't do yoga either Kitty. :D I have suddenly become super lazy, having gone from cycling to and from work every day, running most mornings and playing hockey to near nada.

Jojobells1986 Sat 05-Jan-13 22:47:59

Places, are you me?! Super-rich in-laws, (my FIL was offered a knighthood), obsessively clean DP... My DH always refuses to go to bed until the kitchen is spotless. It really bothers him when we go to my parents & they leave dishes unwashed overnight! He doesn't want to be rude & imply their housekeeping isn't good enough but he really can't stand to leave it! He's really useful but it's frustrating when he insists on staying up until 2am to get everything perfect even when he's got to be up at 6 & then complains of being tired! hmm

OhThePlacesYoullGo Sat 05-Jan-13 23:19:31

Possibly Jojo, though BF's dad only has an MBE. :D

FrustratedSycamoreSnowflake Sat 05-Jan-13 23:21:56

flossing doors kitty I have visions of cleaning the hinged side of doors with string now. darn overactive imagination
Nothing I did sent me into labour. And I certainly tried with dd1, the stress of a cancelled induction did the trick in the end, I was fuming as already 42wks

Ooh I'd like a DH with extreme nesting tendencies, where does one aquire one of these rare ones?

OhThePlacesYoullGo Sat 05-Jan-13 23:25:29

Snowflake, BF has an identical twin with similar tendencies and he's single. Kind, funny, extremely attractive, super clever, athletic, also a medical student - anyone?

FrustratedSycamoreSnowflake Sat 05-Jan-13 23:34:18

Sounds too good to be true places what's the chances of him cleaning my house? Or at least training my DH?

Jojobells1986 Sun 06-Jan-13 00:44:03

Places, my FIL doesn't even have an MBE. I can't remember exactly what he was offered originally but he turned it down & eventually accepted a lesser honour... Something to do with the Order of the Bath I think! MIL got to buy a fancy outfit to go meet the queen, that was the important bit! wink

I'm not feeling particularly nest-y at the moment, although I did notice the bath was looking grubby the other day. It always looks grubby though. Clearly the people before us never cleaned it & had obviously dumped painting equipment in there so there are still a few blobs of paint in it! I got the worst off with a scraper when we moved in but it still looks unclean, even after 2 years of relatively regular cleaning! Sadly, DH's cleaning tendencies rarely extend beyond the kitchen. He does hoover around a bit when it looks like it needs it but never shows much interest in cleaning the bathroom. I'm really hoping that DS will inherit his daddy's obsessive behaviour, but focus on the bathroom. Then all I'll need to do is train DC2 to want to do the laundry/cook & I'll never have to lift a finger! grin

OhThePlacesYoullGo Sun 06-Jan-13 01:26:14

Jojo that sounds like a solid plan. Good luck with that. I too am fairly obsessive with my cleaning, so our flat should be sparkling. Don't say that'll change when baby arrives, it clearly will have inherited our tendencies and be super tidy from the get go. I have also convinced myself that our child will sleep through the night from about two weeks... hmm

Well nothing wrong with positive mental attitude places, 2 weeks maybe a tad early but you never know!
It must be the medical part in you, knowing the importance of cleanliness , ive always been abit of a neet freak too, it upsets me when house is a mess!
Frus I ment glossing not flossing and what was worse is I had 1 door left and had to see it everyday till dd was 2 wks old then I could bear it no more and got the paintbrush back out grin

FrustratedSycamoreIsNesting Sun 06-Jan-13 10:15:30

grin kitty I know you meant gloss, i'm just teasing, and had to share my mental images my bedroom is only half painted and its driving me a bit nuts, but it can wait, I have more tidying to do.
Today's task is the spare bedroom, which is currently a huge mess walk-in wardrobe/ironing room.

Jojobells1986 Sun 06-Jan-13 10:25:05

I didn't know you meant glossing! I thought it was some well known cleaning method that I didn't know about! blush

FrustratedSycamoreIsNesting Sun 06-Jan-13 12:16:06

It's like flossing your teeth jojo A damp bit of string (or similar) to get the dust out of the hinged side of the door. I reckon if we market it right we could make a fortune.

Right, I've sorted my walk-in wardrobe, put outgrown kids clothes in attic, non-maternity clothes in attic (no way I'm fitting in them for a while) 2 bags of cuddly toys, tidied attic, and labelled boxes,
only found one box of baby clothes but do have a gorgeous cozy-toes pram suit, and sleeping bag which means eBay buying (secret yay). And a bag of junk for the skip. Although it still looks like I've done nothing.

So pretty productive nesting so far.

Unfortunately I still need to;
Go shopping
Iron
Tidy my room
Clean the bathroom
Hoover
Tidy the airing cupboard
Do about 4 loads of washing
Paint my room

When will it end? [sigh] would it be too lazy to get a cleaner

I seem to be doing it every 3 days, it seems clean for 2 hrs then it miraculously appears again?! Hoping dd will have long afternoon sleep as I have a weeks worth of ironing and making Sunday dinner for 9!!

FrustratedSycamoreIsNesting Sun 06-Jan-13 14:50:35

Mine seems to miraculously get messy within seconds of dds entering the room tidying.

This thread is not accepting new messages.