Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

The 2nd broadly Gemini luxury bus.

(1000 Posts)

Welcome aboard, for the trip that will take us into the 2nd trimester and beyond, Make yourself comfy as we head towards maternity clothes, new bras, blooming, bumps, scans, and fading ms. Full of chatting, moaning tmi and mutual support.

Here is the link to our last bus.

I look like a gorilla again after 4 days so dh used to it blush had a wax last time ( first wax) and I swear it was so bloody painful couldn't do it again so stuck to shaving even as I went into labour as heard they dry shave you!!!
Thanks frus, I think the kittens answer would be funny, I don't mind what it is this time but get anoyed when people tell you with such certainty like they know for definate off a feeling plus like my dsis and mum wanting a boy as she has a ds ( is it wrong that although we'd love a boy especially dh that I'd love a dd so mine can have a sister!)

kittens they definately don't shave you in labour. <rolls eyes> gorilla muff on way in gorilla muff on way out wink I think they've got better things to do than shave gorilla muffs

peardrop2 Tue 27-Nov-12 09:27:22

Crossing legs at the thought of dry shaving!

Jojoba1986 Tue 27-Nov-12 09:33:26

Crossing legs at this whole conversation!

I've tried shaving once or twice but I end up so itchy I can't stand it, no matter how much I moisturise. I used to use the HR cream on my legs but it never seemed to work very well for me & I always ended up shaving afterwards anyway, that was before I started getting what looked like a heat rash whenever I used it. Don't even talk to me about waxing! <Shudder>

I'm only going by what my hospital said although maybe its only if you need stitching wtc but when I went to the antenatel day they made us pick objects out of a bag and see if we knew what they were and what they were for like a ventouse ( funnily they didn't show forceps!!!) and one was a razor and that's what they said they did!!
Needless to say when my waters broke I jumped in the bath and blindly shaved hacked myself!

Jojoba1986 Tue 27-Nov-12 09:37:42

I was stitched after having a bad 2nd degree tear but nobody shaved me! Maybe they do a bit of trimming for c-sections. I'll ask my mum sometime - she's an obstetric theatre nurse so really ought to know such things!

Lorelei353 Tue 27-Nov-12 09:55:05

Congrats on a good scan jojo. So exciting.

I had a fab weekend. I finally got to tell my mum and sister who were over from Dublin for a few days. It was so fun. They were both madly excited although my mum kept crying. Happy tears though.

Tomorrow morning is FINALLY my scan! I'll be 12 + 3. I can't wait. Couldn't sleep last night thinking about it so god knows what I'll be like tonight. Just hope everything's okay!

peardrop2 Tue 27-Nov-12 09:57:14

I'm sure that kitty is right and that some hospitals dry shave in necessary situations and some don't. Not every hospital has the identical procedures on basic matters hence why you hear of friends having different hospital experiences...my guess anyway!

Jojoba1986 Tue 27-Nov-12 10:16:16

What time is your scan Lor? We expect good news by lunchtime at the latest! I know what you mean about not sleeping. The night before my scan I woke up so many times! Last night, however, I only woke up a couple of times just to turn over & went straight back to sleep again. Best night's sleep I've had in ages! Try having a nice relaxing bath & getting to bed a little early so you can give yourself as much time as possible to try to sleep!

Did anyone know there are 3 ways to calculate the length of the trimesters? I just found this website, if anyone's interested. I'm going by gestation dates which gives me 3 days before I'm into the second trimester! Everything will be fine after that. It's absolutely impossible to feel ill during the second trimester. Ignores friend with HG throughout pregnancy grin

Lorelei353 Tue 27-Nov-12 10:28:48

It's at 11.10 so should be in the office and online just after lunch.
Bath sounds like a good plan actually.

peardrop2 Tue 27-Nov-12 14:34:31

Lor how did it go?

How's this for a f'd up pregnancy dream:

So, all of my ex boyfriends were in it and it was set in something like a detective tv show-like "Law and Order" and it was just ridiculous! They were all together, some of them the bad guys and some of them were detectives (who knows what I was doing in the stupid dream). I ended up kissing one of them, there were car chases, LOL it was so crazy! Thank goodness for alarm clocks. Can't stop thinking about it today though....

Lorelei353 Tue 27-Nov-12 15:34:45

It's tomorrow pear.

peardrop2 Tue 27-Nov-12 16:45:01

Oh sorry Lor had a baby brain moment!

MrsBri Wed 28-Nov-12 07:08:47

Morning all :-)

How are we today? I'm a bit more queasy today (after feeling like I was actually going to be sick for most of the night :-/). Ah well, have to cope, ha ha!

Had a rare getting up for a wee too last night. After sleeping better for a couple of nights, I had a shocker last night.

Hope everyone else is better today.

Good luck today Lor :-)

Good luck lor x

peardrop2 Wed 28-Nov-12 10:06:52

Yes good luck Lor again ;-)

Exciting news from my end. We did our usual heartbeat check last night and for the first time we could tell that baby pear was moving about a lot. DH knows the exact spot he normally finds HB, 1inch directly below my belly button but this time when he went there he found the HB and then it would disappear and come back...like it was doing laps :-) Sorry after writing this I realise its not actually very exciting news for anyone except me! Is this what life has come to? Hah hah grin Oh well at least I'm not announcing this on FB!!

Jojoba1986 Wed 28-Nov-12 12:23:37

Awww! Little swimmer! Our Lickle Pickle was moving around so much during the scan. As soon as they started trying to measure her she turned her back to us! She wasn't doing laps though! You must have an especially lively one!

Come on Lor, come back & tell us all about it! grin

Lorelei353 Wed 28-Nov-12 13:46:52

Hi. I'm back! Sorry, went for lunch with DH as we were finished sooner than expected. Thanks for all the good luck messages.

All great. One little heartbeat thumping away. Little one was wriggling every time the poor sonographer wanted to take measurements. I couldn't stop giggling. So weird to see it kicking and moving around and being a proper little baby and thinking 'that's in me!'.

Feel completely elated! grin

merrygiant Wed 28-Nov-12 13:52:06

Yay Lor, so pleased for you and your wriggler. Its wonderful isn't it? Did your dates change much?

It's so great to see so many happy scans on here recently. Well done us!

Does anyone else feel like they're starting to show a small bump? I thought it was just the usual podge that goes if I stand up straight and suck in my abs. But this doesn't suck in anymore?!

Lorelei353 Wed 28-Nov-12 13:55:06

Dates didn't change. She agreed I was probably 12 + 3 which is what I thought I was. She gave an EDD of 9th June, whereas the midwives/GP had said 10th but that's nothing really.

Get to tell my dad and brother tonight (since Mum and Sis found out at the weekend) and my DH's family, then we'll start telling other people in the next few days.

I couldn't stop looking at the pics. Had to leave them at home so I didn't just take them out at my desk!

Lorelei353 Wed 28-Nov-12 14:03:36

Oh, and NOW I can shop for clothes - first on the list, maternity skinny jeans! I hadn't wanted to tempt fate by buying things before now.

Very exciting new Lor! It's crazy how much they are moving around and we can't feel it yet.

Pear if you listen really closely with the doppler, sometimes you can hear little thumps or almost like static sounds and that's the baby kicking at the doppler waves. It's my favorite thing when listening to other mum's babies smile

Hope you're still feeling rested despite the uncomfortable night, Bri. Feeling better today?

Jojoba1986 Wed 28-Nov-12 14:56:30

Yay, Lor congrats! smile

I feel dreadful. I've got a headache, feel breathless & feel really hot! Of course DS has chosen today to play up with throwing his food & banging his tray & just generally being awkward! I've had to pop him back in his cot with a few toys just so I can get some peace! He should be going to sleep soonish but really doesn't seem sleepy at the moment! Hmph. sad I seem to have suddenly reverted to not being able to drink water without feeling sick but I'm forcing myself to because I feel dehydrated, despite actually having drunk more than usual today. I'm definitely having a lie-down-and-cease-to-exist moment! I'll stop whinging now!

Librarina Wed 28-Nov-12 15:02:46

Hello everyone, Lor your scan sounds lovely. I've got mine tomorrow and am a mixture of terrified and excited.

Are you all 'out' with your pregnancies yet? I've told a couple of close friends and my boss, but I made a joke about 'In my condition' at work today and someone asked me what condition that was, and I couldn't keep it in anymore so I imagine it'll start filtering around now.

This thread is not accepting new messages.