Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

The 2nd broadly Gemini luxury bus.

(1000 Posts)

Welcome aboard, for the trip that will take us into the 2nd trimester and beyond, Make yourself comfy as we head towards maternity clothes, new bras, blooming, bumps, scans, and fading ms. Full of chatting, moaning tmi and mutual support.

Here is the link to our last bus.

Jojoba1986 Fri 23-Nov-12 09:11:56

Aww Frus I wish I could give you some of my pills! They work within 30 mins & don't make me sleepy. Taste horrible & get stuck to the back of my tongue though so they're not all good! Look after yourself today! and stop ruining my 'everything's dandy after the scan' delusion! wink

Hey jojo keep a firm hold of that delusion. It is fabby doosy after the scan just my body hasn't figured out that I've had the scan grin

MrsBri Fri 23-Nov-12 11:51:11

Second trimester starts at 14 weeks...not after the scan!

Sshh mrs don't spoil the delusion illusion wink

MrsBri Fri 23-Nov-12 12:13:05

:-)

Hope you're feeling better.

We have a sickness bug going round work. Fx I don't catch it.

peardrop2 Fri 23-Nov-12 12:42:10

mrsbri coat yourself in that hygiene gel :-)

The Doppler confirmed early this morning that baby pear is finally moving towards my stomach! Finally! I've managed to sleep through the night all week now...pure bliss! However, second trimester has not wiped out my pizza look which is very disappointing. Still waiting for the glow!

peardrop2 Fri 23-Nov-12 14:29:47

Has anyone noticed the brown line yet? DH noticed mine has appeared this morning. He seemed quite concerned lol Men!!

I don't get it pear my friend got it really dark.

Lorelei353 Fri 23-Nov-12 15:45:50

Brown line? What brown line?

I got to tell my best friend last night which was SO exciting. She's off to India for two months today so I wanted her to know before she left. Then my mum and sister tonight. Everyone else will have to wait until after the scan next Weds.

Is anyone else really bored of eating? I'm not eating a lot at any one time but have to constantly graze. SO bored of it. Will this bit go away after 1st trimester?

MrsBri Fri 23-Nov-12 17:51:09

Yeah, Peardrop, slight brown line already. DH thinks it is ace! But he's just praising me / everything baby-related constantly! :-)

I don't know lore I'm a natural grazer.
The line is the one some preg women get that runs up the middle of your belly.

It's called a linea nigra. Some women get them and some don't. Kind of just depends on your skin tone.

Mine gets very dark! Takes a couple of months to go away after the baby is born. There's a very slight one starting already for me too.

I didn't get it either, how strange we all are!

Jojoba1986 Sat 24-Nov-12 12:12:33

I'm feeling un-pregnant today. sad Can't really explain it, just don't feel like it's happening! hmm 2 days until I can find out if everything's ok!

merrygiant Sat 24-Nov-12 16:09:09

Yay for happy scans Frus and Kitty grin grin
Yay for my flippetygibbet, who we've had the good luck to just see wriggling about again. 12+1 and due 7th June. Hurrah!

Sorry to hear you're not feeling the preggers vibes today Jojo, I'm sure its just one of those 'let-up' days when the symptoms seem to have faded and you're left feeling vaguely normal. It'll probably be back with a vengeance tomorrow.

Gotta drive halfway across the country tomorrow to see family, in this gorgeous weather. Deep joy.

I don't have a linea nigra yet either, but in a boob update: they are growing and for the first time I actually have what you might call a cleavage, wahay!

Jojoba1986 Sat 24-Nov-12 16:23:33

I'm due June 7th too! It'll probably change on Monday though!

It's not that I feel even remotely normal, I still feel ill, just not pregnant! confused

Jo I'm due 3 days behind you and I haven't been feeling pregnant for a while. A bit disconcerting....but I borrowed my best girlfriend's (who is also a student midwife) doppler and there was the heartbeat, clicking away.

So exciting news....our furnace went out. Woke up to a lovely 60 degree house with it being 23 degrees outside. We were shocked to wake up at 8:30 and have both boys still in bed (probably because they were freezing the minute they got out!) and our noses practically frozen. Cue 200 dollars to have someone come around and check it out....but not until 4 this afternoon. Joy! hmm.

peardrop2 Sat 24-Nov-12 23:48:03

How can you feel sick but unpregnant? Surely ms = pregnancy unless you've caught a bug JoJo?!

Jojoba1986 Sun 25-Nov-12 00:37:53

I don't know, it doesn't make any sense! confused blush

Morning all. trumpets I hope you have heat.

jojo is it prescan jitters,

I have a headcold and feel rough, and haven't been able to shake it off, on to of the fact that I'm constantly knackered.

MrsBri Sun 25-Nov-12 11:04:19

My symptoms have dropped a bit today, but I generally feel better at the weekend when I don't have to leap out of bed at 5.55!

Very snotty though. Think my flu jab is taking effect.

Wading through the housework now...just the kitchen to go. After a sit down!!

Jojoba1986 Sun 25-Nov-12 13:10:54

It probably is a pre-scan thing. I've been trying to convince myself that there's only one so I won't be disappointed if it's not twins & maybe I convinced myself so well that there's now no babies at all! grin

Definitely still getting symptoms though. I had to help out with the 19 under 3s at church today which involved wiping snotty noses & ignoring people changing their DC's stinky nappies all while trying to hide the fact that I was gagging! Oh, & someone ate a banana. I didn't see who it was but I could smell it! angry How dare people eat such vile things in my presence?! wink

I'm also eating now. But only carrots. Lots & lots of carrots. I think I'll be turning yellow soon! grin

Hope you both feel better soon!

peardrop2 Sun 25-Nov-12 14:36:28

Is anyone managing to drink 8-10 glasses of water a day? Seems like a lot :-(

MrsBri Sun 25-Nov-12 14:52:37

I do on weekdays...I generally have a pint of water before I leave the house (thought this depends on whether I throw it up again at the moment, so it has reduced to about half a pint to prevent vomit!). Then I have about 2 litres at work, then at least a pint of squash in the evening.

I also have 2 cups of tea and 1 or 2 small glasses of fruit juice.

At weekends, I just don't seem to drink as much at all. But I'm not captive at my desk in the same way!

peardrop2 Sun 25-Nov-12 14:55:40

MrsBri can I borrow you to come and help me bring that much! grin I drink 5 glasses in the day and 2 in the evening. At weekends I fail to drink more then 4-5 glasses in a day. Maybe this is why I'm suffering so much today :-(

This thread is not accepting new messages.