Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

The 2nd broadly Gemini luxury bus.

(1000 Posts)

Welcome aboard, for the trip that will take us into the 2nd trimester and beyond, Make yourself comfy as we head towards maternity clothes, new bras, blooming, bumps, scans, and fading ms. Full of chatting, moaning tmi and mutual support.

Here is the link to our last bus.

MrsBri Thu 22-Nov-12 07:36:46

Yes, good luck Frustrated :-) You're thinking twins, yes? Here's hoping!!

Sssh. I'm trying to ignore it. I very much doubt it's twins. I'd be more than happy with one little healthy bean. I've got ages to wait.

Do I need a full bladder?

And I'm currently enjoying my high from dd2 going into school happily and with no fuss. (1st time ever!!!) proud mummy alert

Jojoba1986 Thu 22-Nov-12 10:40:45

What time is the appointment? Yes, you need a full-ish bladder but don't make yourself uncomfortable! You want to be able to enjoy it without having to worry about how much you need to wee! grin

Been for a wee. Going to save my top-up drinking til I get there and have to wait for ages
Its soon jojo I'm trying not to think about it. and the bloods they do at the same time it's not working btw (the not thinking about it)

Blending Thu 22-Nov-12 11:52:19

Sounds like a fantastic scan Kitty!

Good luck Frus, yep full bladder, dosen't need to be bursting though.

So if high sex drive equals boy, I guess as I seem to be in over-drive, that could mean 2 boys!

There was a baby rush here 2 years ago. DD is 2 tomorrow, and in our close of 20-odd houses there were 6 babies born within 6 weeks of each other!

We did have an electricity cut and loads of snow 9 months earlier...

One little bouncing bean. grin

grin frus x

MrsBri Thu 22-Nov-12 12:48:26

Yay, Frustrated. :-)

Lorelei353 Thu 22-Nov-12 12:54:11

Yay Frus. Another healthy little bean to add to the bus's collection! grin.

Jojoba1986 Thu 22-Nov-12 12:56:27

Yay! Congrats Frus!

Yeah frus grin what's the due date then??

Oh I ve named changed in honour of the new bean, but I can still be kitty x

Hello. Thanks ladies.
Dates have been moved forwards, so 12+6 today. Due 31st may. Was jumping about all over the place, and flipping over. Sonographer was really cheery and even put it into 3D mode which was amazing.

Are you having kittens then kitty? grin

Ha ha no but my daughter is kitty, we have 3 cats so it's only right this is the new kitten in our house grin
Yeay for jumping beans and may babies grin

Lovely news frus!!

Thanksgiving here today in the States, so I'm very thankful for maternity trousers with elastic waistband for eating loads of delicious food grin.

I, ehem, retract my statement about aversions to DH....that has turned around quite quickly we feel like newlyweds. Hurrah for pregnancy hormones!

Librarina Thu 22-Nov-12 15:17:09

Hurrah for frus and her amazing dancing bean! and Happy Thanksgiving Trumpets, I am mightily jealous of your turkey and your pumpkin pie.

It's nice to have some good news, I've had a horrible couple of days. My fanoir wasn't feeling right after Sunday nights love-in (sorry if this is TMI) and by Weds it was quite clear that I had some kind of Thrush-type incident.

So, I phoned the MW today who said that Canesten would be fine (despite the leaflet in the packet saying that it wasn't) so guess what I'm doing this evening.

I feel so sorry for myself. We'd barely done it since I got preggers and the one time I do, it breaks me! DH is now firmly banished to the spare room and I'm mainlining yoghurt.

Happy thanksgiving trumpets
Now I just fancy a huge thanksgiving dinner... <salivates at the thought> have elasticated waistband ready. grin

peardrop2 Thu 22-Nov-12 21:00:44

Yay to happy beans kitty and frus grin Lovely lovely news!

Happy thanksgiving trumpets!

peardrop2 Thu 22-Nov-12 21:39:31

MrsBri Did you have any side effects from the jab or was all OK?

Jojoba1986 Fri 23-Nov-12 06:22:39

12 weeks today, 3 days until scan! Eek! My new discovery is that motion sickness wristbands help. I now have very un-subtle dents on my arms!

MrsBri Fri 23-Nov-12 06:32:46

No side effects yet, Peardrop! We shall see though. Probably happen over the weekend if they do happen :-/

Can safely say that my ms hasn't stopped. Forgot to take my meds last night, and now can't currently move from the bathroom. Ugh.

Librarina Fri 23-Nov-12 07:04:35

Oh poor you frus. Can you take the meds now?
Hope you feel better soon.

MrsBri Fri 23-Nov-12 07:12:47

Oh no, Frustrated. Hope it eases soon. Can you take the meds now? Is there somewhere you can put them so you won't forget to take them? All my tablets are in the kitchen, in sight at all times.

I've been lucky with my 'throw up and move on' type sickness (like this morning). While I've had awful nausea some days, it doesn't translate into actual sickness much.

My boobs truly are taking over the world...squeezing them into my bras and tops until after my scan though. Roll on 11th!

Boobs to take over the world grin

Unfortunately I can only take them at night because they knock me out. So I just have to suffer today.

This thread is not accepting new messages.