Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Jan 2013 Part 5: Once we pop (on time!), we just won't stop!

(986 Posts)

New thread! I've lost my lovely spreadsheet <sob> so if someone can add in the stats and update, that would be wonderful; I'm sure someone else had a spreadsheet that was as anally organised as me

happyhow Mon 17-Dec-12 20:15:13

I'm 37wks today. Dr just been round and thinks it was a bit of a freak reading with all the stress I've had over the weekend and this morning. She'll take it again before I go home to be sure and will possibly get the midwife to come to me tomorrow too. Just need to wait on bloods and urine sample results as had leukocytes and blood in urine this afternoon.

Totally getting into my jammies when I get home though and mother in law has dinner in the Aga for us coming home too! smile

pmgkt Mon 17-Dec-12 20:32:50

Positive news then happy.

I'm struggling with really painful ribs and heartburn tonight, thank goodness its only a few more days

MarasmeAbsolu Mon 17-Dec-12 20:47:42

Thanks Apple - she is just a bit more concerned about herself than she is of me (it is actually illegal for me to do certain "bits" of my work while being pregnant. Yet she happily turns a blind eye on it - I cannot blame her, I pretty much drives this, as not doing it would cost me too much. But it does show the kind of management I have).

TBH, being at home would mean staring or attempting to tackle the building mess (dust, mess and all). Work is more appealing, as long as people can just let me get on with my stuff without poking poking poking.

I can recommend the ikea air purifier thingy (patrull I think) for those doing building work and struggling with the dust. It really helped us here.

Happy - glad to know it was a freak incident. Hope the dinner will be good (everything tastes good when you do not have to make it!).

Otherwise, baby's head was completely "free" at 37 weeks. I am now getting massive inward "kicks" down there and wondering whether things are moving at all (they did not whatsoever last time).
Does anyone actually now if it is possible / how to check for pelvis engagement? When she does it, the midwife seems to just have a quick feel before returning her verdict. Not sure what I should be looking for...

Complicated24 Mon 17-Dec-12 21:14:27

Hope all going well AllChik.

Pmgkt is it Friday you are being induced, or was it CSection? You are coping so well with the extended stay in hospital. All getting very exciting and scarily imminent now.

Marasme I am equally in dark how to check for pelvis engagement. MW told me baby is head down with back to my front so in right position, but haven't got a clue how you she worked this out.

I am ready for little one to arrive now. I developed really painful sciatica on Friday so am far less mobile than I was and that's doing my head in. The thought of not being able to stand up properly during labour is feeling me with dread as think I will want to be as mobile as possible. I don't think I will be very good lying on a bed or being still.

Have nearly finished Christmas shopping (doing it all online this year) so that's a relief. Am going to venture out to buy nursing bras tomorrow. Thought I would go to Mothercare as can drive there, but not actually bought any maternity clothes from Mothercare yet. Any advice/top tips on what's important in a nursing bra? Am being waxed and having a pedicure on Thursday, then that's me ready for labour!!!

SilverSixpence Tue 18-Dec-12 09:29:01

Hi everyone,
have been off this thread for a few months but I'm trying to catch up! I'm 35w today, have been told the baby is back to back confused Apparently it means a longer more painful labour so have been trying to get the baby into a better position. I'm not sure its working though, I got a right wallop in the ribs last night and scared DH half to death!

Going to visit the new birth centre at the hospital next week, I'm hoping to use the pool for pain relief. Will need to get a tankini - has anyone bought one? I've packed my bag but baby's stuff is still all in packaging, I'll have to get on with washing it all soon. I'm too busy enjoying being off work and doing bits of baby knitting and sale shopping online grin

bealos Tue 18-Dec-12 10:31:44

Hi silver sounds like you're nearly there... Spinning Babies is a good site to look at for helping the baby move into a better position.

Your suggestion of a tankini made me think of a story a midwife told me where a lady was in her knickers til the very last minute and the the midwife had to say "you can't have this baby with your pants on!". Hee hee.

birdiesinthesnow Tue 18-Dec-12 11:15:08

Hi everyone. Just been catching up. Where's allchik?! I hope she has exciting news for us soon.

Well I ended up in hospital yesterday with protein in urine and high blood pressure. Was there until gone midnight as baby was dancing for so long and heart rate very high. Eventually settled a bit and I got to go home. Got to bed after 1am and was absolutely knackered. Then suddenly I was WIDE AWAKE! Typical. Anyway, I have to wee in a bottle for the next 24 hours now. Was in a mild panic though as gp who referred me said they might want to induce me. In some ways it's been a good wake up call to get all final house bit sorted. Also gave DD's grandma and grandpa practice of doing her evening routine and getting her to sleep so I'm less worried about all that now.

lora hope your tooth is ok. Did you see a dentist about it? When I've had really bad wisdom toothache I've had to have antibiotics and it fixed the pain really quickly.

silver plenty of time still for baby to move so hopefully will be fine. I think DD was back to back though and it was ok with relaxation techniques and a tens machine.

<waves to everyone else>

katolla Tue 18-Dec-12 12:03:46

silver, back to back is easier to fix than breech so as long as the baby is head down you should be ok. The NCT email I got yesterday advised me to always sit forward to get the baby front to back, easier said than done I think!? And I got a pregnancy tankini in mothercare sale for £7 in the summer, thinking i'd be swimming all the time. Haven't used it yet but they did have another sale now and had some cheap swimming costumes. That's not so useful for the actual birth though..

Thanks to whoever suggested Boots for the maternity pads. I made DP carry them all home smile

BuntysFestiveCollocks Tue 18-Dec-12 12:04:21

<waves to birdies> glad you and naughty baby are ok!

pmgkt Tue 18-Dec-12 12:05:30

24 its Thursday for a section but these last few days are dragging. They have decided to do an extra trace today due to an eptopic heartbeat but that's as exciting as the day gets. Someone did give birth last night on the antenatel ward, didn't have time to make it to labour ward!

BuntysFestiveCollocks Tue 18-Dec-12 12:58:46

I've created a new thread here as we're just over 10 messages from capacity here!

pmgkt hope all is well; your baby is going to have a fabulous birthdate! I'm quite jealous, would love it If mine popped out then as well:20/12/2012. Even cooler that 12/12/12!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now