Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Jan 2013 Part 5: Once we pop (on time!), we just won't stop!

(986 Posts)

New thread! I've lost my lovely spreadsheet <sob> so if someone can add in the stats and update, that would be wonderful; I'm sure someone else had a spreadsheet that was as anally organised as me

frillyhasababy Mon 12-Nov-12 21:25:01

I never coslept either for the same reason!! I ended up moving my LO into her own room when she was just 6 weeks as she made so much noise when sleeping. Best thing I ever did. She sleeps through and is only 9 weeks smile I know it's agains advice, but the lack of sleep was killing me!

I did co-sleep and bf feed lying down but imho this is definitely best done if you have made a conscious decision to co-sleep and taken the necessary safety precautions (eg I didn't have a duvet or pillows on bed for first few months).

I used the first holdall I could grab when packing hospital bag. Was so convinced baby wasn't turning up until 42 weeks that I hadn't packed a bag when I went into labour at 39 weeks blush. I did inadvertently make life a lot easier for myself by packing baby bumf in separate bag, so this would be my top packing tip (that, and pack crisps).

Birdies Mon 12-Nov-12 21:42:35

I think packing your bag is usually recommended at around 32 weeks, although depends which website you look at!

I co-slept too (not at first though) and still do sometimes. Nothing beats waking up next to my DD and seeing her smiley little face. Although, I did find her on the floor once and that shocked me into putting her back in her cot for a while (I'm not a bad mummy honest, I had cot wedged next to bed, everything in place, but somehow she managed to slip down the side of the cot and onto some cushions). So you have to be absolutely sure all is safe and secure to do it. I've gone for a bednest this time round which means I can sort of co-sleep from the start.

Congrats on your new baby frilly!

Birdies Mon 12-Nov-12 21:44:58

Ps I'm just going for a small wheelie suitcase for bag - I've got nicer ones but then it seems a shame to have them getting grubby in hospital. Will also do one bag for labour and the first day and then one for after that if I'm still in.

Chutes good tip re the crisps! Also mars bars etc (though don't buy them too early - I'd eaten half of them before I went I to labour grin

I have not, woody I'll check it out! Thanks!

I totally didn't have to rebuy my 'for the hospital bag' snacks weekly because I kept eating them. liar

MarasmeAbsolu Mon 12-Nov-12 22:05:33

Pascha - I'll deffo be one of the ones wishing she'd bought the bloody mats, giant pads etc in time. Last minute all the way!

Frilly - I hate hate hate mat clothes. Will never miss them smile
Actually, I will BURN the lot!

Reminded me also that I don't quite like being noticed either - and for the first time ever over this pregnancy and last, someone (a male colleague) actually touched the bump. Could not believe it, as most people I know know I hate touchy freely stuff. Aaaaaarrrrrhhhhh.

looking forward to the best thing: being out and about with a baby snugly wrapped in a sling against your chest under a coat, and noone knowing that under all that bulge their is a lovely, milky smelling brand new baby smile

newbie6 Mon 12-Nov-12 22:53:34

Frilly, would love to make the most of sleep but sadly I cannot sleep no matter how hard I try, promise its not through want of trying....think there are quite a few of us like this sad least it's preparing us all I suppose! Congrats on your new baby x

Bunny222 Tue 13-Nov-12 00:05:59

Thanks bunty for new thread, and newbie for the list. Bealos and apple we're date buddies!

Had my steriod injection today. For those that dont know, 1) they do it in your bum cheek :-( and 2) it blinking hurts! Sorry, but better to be prepared! Have my 2nd one tomorrow. At least its good for bump incase he shows up early.

Also having a nitemare sleeping with SPD, awake since 3am so am now overtired. Had a 5am craving for apple pie!
Think ill be working from home again tomoro.

Hope youre doing ok girls.

Pascha Tue 13-Nov-12 04:15:48

morning girls! hmm

DS woke me at 3am, got him down and me back in bed half an hour later, he woke within 10 minutes so now DH is trying to sleep sitting up with a boy on him. I was all for leaving him longer to resettle but DH couldn't stand the noise so here we are.

I may doze off, you be never know...

Bunny222 Tue 13-Nov-12 05:53:44

Good luck pasha! Have managed two hours sleep only last night. Surely to god this wont last for the final two months :-(

Pascha Tue 13-Nov-12 06:32:49

Still here smile hello Bunny I now have DS asleep on me, I daren't move, my feet are freezing, I have a cricked neck, haven't slept since first waking and my phone battery is low now. At least I have tea on the way. Oh well, its all good retraining I suppose.

theboutiquemummy Tue 13-Nov-12 07:14:02

Thanks bunty for the new thread love the title x
pascha bless you I bet it's lovely having a snuggle

Had a disaster yesterday I fell onto some rocks onto the baby, didn't
Have time to stop myself it was awful. Ended up being ambulanced to
Early Delivery Unit only to find out little man is fine it's just me that's sore

The consultant said it's extremely hard to hurt the bubba at this stage you have to have a really bad car accident or a kick from a horse something like that to do damage, just in case like me you worry about bumping your bump !! So relieved

While I was there I could hear a woman crowning in the next room n her mil kept telling her to sssshh !!! Poor woman can you imagine it !

Pascha Tue 13-Nov-12 07:19:08

ahahahahahahahaha...

<rocks manically back and forth>

Pascha Tue 13-Nov-12 07:22:43

In all seriousness that sounds really horrible for you Boutique Glad baby is ok, I heard somewhere that the uterus is in about the most protected place in the human body so hopefully no harm done (to him) at all.

Poor woman being told to Sssssshhhh! shock I would have told them to fuck off it that was me!

Pascha Tue 13-Nov-12 07:23:20

Meant to ask if you hurt yourself very much?

theboutiquemummy Tue 13-Nov-12 07:33:29

pasha I fell straight onto my belly no hands or anything I'm ok just sore n bruised sad oh n my ego severely dented I was stranded on a beach with the tide coming in had the coast guard and the ambulance out !blushblushblushblush

Im sure I would have lunched the mother in law in the face if that was me !!!!

theboutiquemummy Tue 13-Nov-12 07:34:36

Punched I meant punched !! Pregnancy related short temper !!! angry

Pascha Tue 13-Nov-12 07:52:10

Totally allowed. Am now snuggled in bed with cold tea. Getting Up is for Other People. Meeting mum & dad for lunch later so they can take over with DS for a bit hopefully.

boutique glad you're old, what an awful fright. sad take it easy today.

bunny I may bang on about it as I'm converted, but have ou tried a chiropractor? I couldn't roll over or walk without nearly being in tears until last Tuesday - the difference is amazing.

pascha I feel for you, been there! Hope you get a nice lunch and break with your parents.

Currently repeating the mantra of 'only 23 working days to go...'

Birdies Tue 13-Nov-12 09:07:46

pascha I LOL at your maniacal 'ahahahah' !!

theboutique glad everything's ok. The mil telling her to sshh is horrendous. I don't think mine would dare (well, she wouldn't be there in the first place but anyway), if she did, I would also be telling her to F off.

Birdies Tue 13-Nov-12 09:09:56

Ps pascha how old is your DS?

Anyone else got a 16 month old? Just curious as to who will have a similar age gap when their new baby arrives (so mine will be 18 months).

Oh and any ideas for presents for DC from new baby? bunty what have you got yours? (I know you'll have got it already. And already wrapped?!!)

Pascha Tue 13-Nov-12 09:13:58

2.2 Birdies. Hmm, don't know yet about present as, of course, DC2 will be arriving on 15th/16th december wink - so close to christmas...

birdies mine will be 22/23 months dependant on when she puts in her appearance. Haha, present is bought and in my hospital bag, but not wrapping it! I got him a mr tumble matching puzzle, as he is obsessed with mr tumble atm. Nothing expensive as it will be just before/after Christmas.

dieciocho Tue 13-Nov-12 09:42:58

I've still got the present that my new baby sister "bought" for me 29 years ago! I was 3, it was a framed Winnie the Pooh picture.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now