Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Jan 2013 Part 5: Once we pop (on time!), we just won't stop!

(986 Posts)

New thread! I've lost my lovely spreadsheet <sob> so if someone can add in the stats and update, that would be wonderful; I'm sure someone else had a spreadsheet that was as anally organised as me

Complicated24 Mon 03-Dec-12 22:59:37

Wonderful news about William and Kate but do feel sorry for them. The first trimester is difficult (and we all supported each other through it) without being in public eye. I know that's their job but pregnancy it's still tough and an emotional roller coaster. Wonder what baby will be called and whether any of us will use name first.

happyhow Mon 03-Dec-12 23:17:59

Hubby got up to his parents at 11.30pm last night but that was them completely finished. No more going back to the flat now - handed the keys in this morning and the tenants were in this afternoon! Bit surreal really.

I've been getting really bad pains again today - round ligament pain I think?? Feels like a really bad stitch but having several at the same time. I think I just did far too much over the weekend with trying to get stuff packed and cleaned. Felt fine at the time...

Had my 35wk check today. Blood pressure was a little high - not astronomically, just high for me. Have to go and get it checked next Mon as the midwife wasn't happy leaving it for 2 weeks til my next appointment. Also, Baby H is still misbehaving and is still breech. Not too concerned about that though - loads of time left to turn.

Can't remember who was asking about hospitals but I would go for the closer one. If all else fails, there are baths to help with pain relief. There's only one pool at our hospital and whilst I'd like to use it, I'm not going in with a birth plan that I can't do without it. I am very much going to go with the flow...

Hi Bealoc. We have the same due date!!

happyhow Mon 03-Dec-12 23:18:59

Sorry... Bohoec!

dieciocho Tue 04-Dec-12 07:46:19

Complicated, oh no! What an awful thought - giving your baby the same name as them just a matter of a few months before! That hadn't occurred to me.
I hope the names we've picked are obscure enough to avoid that happening - royal names tend to be quite dull normal, don't they?

bohoec Tue 04-Dec-12 08:58:00

Morning everyone. Thanks for the warm welcome smile

Exciting that a few of us have the same due date (although chances of that actually going to plan = slim!)

On the which hospital front - not that I feel at all qualified to offer any advice - I'd go for the one 40 minutes away to give yourself half a chance of having the labour you want. I'm saying that as someone with a 30 minute drive to hospital in traffic though, so I've had some time to get used to the idea. Good luck, whichever route you choose.

Look forward to hearing about your last few weeks. Hope you are all feeling relatively ok.

CreepyCrawly Tue 04-Dec-12 11:56:33

Welcome bohoec!

Ok ladies, I'm terrified now. Absolutely petrified. Not of giving birth, I'm looking forward to that in an odd way. I'm scared of the not knowing when it's all going to 'kick off'. Scared of the waiting for it to happen, of my waters breaking and contractions etc. I'm not allowed to keep her in there forever am I?! Please tell me it's normal to feel scared of those bits and not the actual birth!

BuntysFestiveCollocks Tue 04-Dec-12 12:04:39

Normal normal normal!

Contractions are ok. Like bad period pains for me. Waters breaking, IME, was a fucking relief as it meant they actually had to see me at the hospital!

CreepyCrawly Tue 04-Dec-12 12:07:02

Thanks bunty. I keep telling myself that if it was that bad, people would only ever have the one baby.

Welcome bohoec.

creepy agree with bunty that's totally normal. Am feeling a little apprehensive myself and I've done this 3 times! And it's all so worth it when you get to hold your baby! Think the waiting around at the end for things to start makes it worse would be easier if you were given a date and then everything happened then!

Have been shouting at telly today! They keep going on about hyperemsis being morning sickness and a dr (arrghh) started wittering about Ginger biscuits! I've had both hg and ms and hg is hell on earth and for most of us mere mortals we have to get very sick before being admitted to hospital! Sorry for the rant but I was once actually sent home from hospital with a suggestion to try and sip some water! Ended up back there in the most awful state.

Rant over...as you were!

BuntysFestiveCollocks Tue 04-Dec-12 12:43:36

P.s. also scared of not knowing when it's all going to happen. wink

Lora1982 Tue 04-Dec-12 12:57:15

Ty guys :-D i think im going to go to the 40minute away one. Its not a hospital though its just a mlu type birth centre. My thinking is if i want half a chance of a water one its my best bet and a lot of you have said you are or have been that far from hospital anyway so i dont think i should worry about the distance.

Id only end up going there for aftercare anyway so i may aswell be there in the first place.

DP FINALLY passed his driving test yesterday... So proud... Even though he cut it fine... So i'll be making him do some practice runs in my car.

Whats everyones mat leave countdown look like? :-D 12 days over here

dieciocho Tue 04-Dec-12 13:14:34

2 weeks + 1 until maternity leave for me. I'm SO tired.

BuntysFestiveCollocks Tue 04-Dec-12 13:30:18

Congrats, Lora's DP!

8 days and counting ...

Looking forward to my midwife appt on Thursday, going to ask her how big she reckons baby will be (midwife at my sweep at 41 weeks last time got it spot on!), and when she reckons she'll arrive.

If it wasn't just a tad early, I'd be tempted to ask for a sweep as well, but I'll only be 36+6.

theboutiquemummy Tue 04-Dec-12 13:56:11

bunty and creepy me 2 want to make sure I've got everything ready we have 4 go bags in our house one for the dog one to come home one for baby n one for me
lol !! grin

Well done lora1982 I bet that's a relief isnt it x

MamaMary Tue 04-Dec-12 14:52:10

Well hello all here I am in hospital on an IV drip, just like the Duchess of Cambridge! No hospital bag packed, nothing.

Got v&d, nausea and stomach pains on Sunday. Sent here after seeing community midwife this morning. They're keeping me in overnight. There are Ketones in my urine which they're concerned about. Could be a UTI, but the other symptom is pains/tightenings every 10mins. They are quite painful and make me want to throw up :-(

BuntysFestiveCollocks Tue 04-Dec-12 15:22:20

Oh no, mama!

hope you feel better soon.

happyhow Tue 04-Dec-12 15:24:33

Oh Mama! That's not good. Hopefully it's just a bug... At least you are being monitored incase anything else happens. Fingers crossed for getting home tomorrow and get that bag packed!!! Xx

birdiesinthesnow Tue 04-Dec-12 16:29:02

I got fed up of typing such a long name to log in so shortened it again smile

mama hope you're ok. Sounds like they're keeping a close watch on you which is good. Keep us posted.

creepy that's very normal. I didn't find contractions too painful as I had my tens machine and it worked well for me. And same as bunty in that waters breaking was a relief. I'm still nervous though about whether this time will be similar to last time in terms of being manageable pain-wise. But the prize at the end is of course very worth it!

theboutiquemummy Tue 04-Dec-12 16:38:03

Oh mama fingers crossed everything will be ok big hugs

Been to see the midwife the head is now down but he's still facing outwards blush

dieciocho Tue 04-Dec-12 17:43:05

Was quizzing my mum about her labours: 27 hours with me using only gas and air! She's my hero!
3 hours with my younger sister, so "no time for pain relief" (really?)

allchik Tue 04-Dec-12 17:43:23

Im gonna share my fear too...not the contractions but crowning,pushing,tearing...Im scared I will push too hard n tear or not be able to push bub out/bub getting stuck.
Also scared I will lose control n freak out thus making everythin become more painful/slow sad

bealos Tue 04-Dec-12 17:46:00

Hey mama hoping all is well. Glad you are in good company (somehow) with the Duchess!

I've been getting a lot of Braxton Hicks, lower back ache (so much so I could only sleep propped upright last night) and yelping leg cramps. Baby has been head down since 20 weeks or so. Is this the beginning of the end? I am only 33 weeks tomorrow - I'd be envisaging a February baby as ds1 was induced at 42 weeks!

CreepyCrawly Tue 04-Dec-12 18:36:24

So glad I'm not alone! Thanks girls! I think it's finally sinking in that this baby is going to have to exit sooner or later.

Hope you feel better soon mama!

I had an awful nights sleep last night. Woke up at 3 to go to the loo (had absolutely no SPD pain getting out of bed!) and could not get back to sleep at all. I was tossing and turning until about 5.30 then gave in and put the radio on. Just as I was finally drifting off, 'D'H woke me up by pushing my pillow in his sleep. Was not a happy bunny this morning!

3 days of work left for me! One of those being a child protection course. 11 hours in all, spread over the three days - lovely!

MamaMary Tue 04-Dec-12 18:43:14

Confirmed UTI but doc thinks there may be a bowel/gut infection too!
Apparently infections can cause tightenings.

Still 3 weeks to go at work (almost) starting to think it's too much for me. Problem is because of my rubbish contracts I don't get paid what I don't work (I have 2 part-time teaching jobs) so I'd have to start ML early. I'm only 32+5.

Thanks all for your good wishes. :-)

bealos Tue 04-Dec-12 18:58:38

Does anyone else need to go to the look a RIDICULOUS amount of times in the night too? I'm on an average of four times a night, up to six on special occasions.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now