Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

June 2013 thread 2 - Are your jeans feeling snug yet?

(1000 Posts)
PseudoBadger Sun 11-Nov-12 19:14:37

New thread for June 2013 smile

MrsBri Sat 29-Dec-12 21:55:54

Oh no, Sparkly...hope it buggers off soon.

The only reason we did it now is we got it at sale price, even though it won't be delivered until the end of May. Made sense, we thought :-)

SparklySanta Sat 29-Dec-12 23:05:31

bri we'll do the same now we've picked, we just need to actually get back to the shop to put our deposit down, hopefully the special offers will still be on!!

I thought the sickness had gone but been feel dodgy all day and then when I stood up to come to bed to just shout to my DH who was in the kitchen "BOWL" gross!! Cus the bowl was full!! And now I feel like crap!!!

Oh i forgot to say I have actually bought 2 baby relates items, a changing bag from kipling, a little pricey but I just adore all things kipling! And a v pillow with a wedge to help sleep and to use during feeding!! It was in this little boutique baby barn place and looked so comfy I just had to have it!!

We've decided on the mothercare orb as our buggy of choice, small enough to get on the bus but big enough to not feel flimsy!!

MrsBri Sat 29-Dec-12 23:15:12

The offers end on 2nd Jan, Sparkly, have you time to get there before then?

Fx you do.

We need a changing bag. We will probably get the one to match the pram, as it didn't come with it.

Nothing wrong with a treat for yourself.

MrsBri Sat 29-Dec-12 23:17:18

And are you sure it isn't the norovirus? Sounds like a lot of sick! :-/

SparklySanta Sat 29-Dec-12 23:33:04

No I think it's morning sickness, this is about the level I've had it since about 6 weeks!! It's just started to die down a little so thought I was in the clear!!

I contemplated a matching bag but I wanted one that I'd want to use whether we were using the buggy or not and it matches one of my other kipling bags (mini one) so I can have use that for my bits!!

SparklySanta Sat 29-Dec-12 23:34:02

Oh and yes I think we'll either go tomorrow or New Year's Day, if we can't we'll just order online and store at the in laws!!

ChicaT Sun 30-Dec-12 01:44:11

Is anyone else feeling immensely pregnant? I'm usually a size 8, small waist, slim build, and now have an enormous tummy, giant boobs (that's good at least!), bigger bum/thighs and overall feeling miserable at being so enormous - I'm 16 weeks, edd 17 June so just how much more enormous will I get?! :'( I look 6/7 months already. Not eating any more than usual and have put on 5kg...spent at least 2 days over Xmas crying on dh's shoulder at being so fat. No-one else seems to be so big! I'm terribly upset about it - I think everyone will think I spend all day stuffing my face, I don't, AND I go to the gym. Upside is I've felt baby moving for the past 2 weeks - maybe an upside of having a tilted uterus? Odd sensation but lovely.

ChicaT Sun 30-Dec-12 01:52:38

Ps sorry to wail, I just met up with another friend who said she wasn't in maternity wear until 6 months. Cue more tears when I got home!

MrsBri Sun 30-Dec-12 07:29:33

Chica, I'm EXACTLY the same, though I was a slender 10/12. I've put on at least the same amount of weight and have an ever-growing bump.

In a way I like it as I'm obviously pregnant. The downside is that NOTHING fits. :-/

Clearly we are just all different in how we carry baby.

DontmindifIdo Sun 30-Dec-12 08:55:34

Chica - if it helps, I'm also in maternity wear already - normally I'm a size 6-8. I think actually, if you ar slender, you end up in maternity wear earlier because a lot of your normal clothes are more fitted (all my work wear involved clinchy waisted skirts & dresses and slim trousers, I spend the first few weeks rotating the same 3 empire line dresses, which are the only 'not snug on waist' work appropriate clothes I own). So you either buy a pile of 'more flattering on a tummy' inbetween sized clothes or go straight to maternity ranges. anyone with a bit more of a belly normally will have clothes that skim rather than clinch that area and can get away with an extra 1-2".

The other thing is I'm rather short, last time my tummy popped out early, but I think that might have been due to lack of anywhere else for the baby to go but outwards! (There's not much room between the bottom of my rib cage and the top of my hip bone, that's all the space the baby gets)

DontmindifIdo Sun 30-Dec-12 09:05:19

oh and re changing bags, I've still got the last of the 3 I bought with DS blush but it's worth investing in a nice one, it's going to be effectively your handbag for a year or two.

redwellybluewelly Sun 30-Dec-12 12:52:19

I was a size 10/12 before those pregnancy but I am tall. I didn't show at all in first pg until 25weeks and this one I'm now almost 17 and you have to really look. Still wearing non maternity wear but baggy tops as we are not telling until after 20week scan and even then might try to wait longer.

I didn't have a changing bag with DD, but envied others, this time I'm debating asking DH for a pacapod (typically i like the most expensive one) as I'll have two in nappies, two sets of clothes, two of everything and o like how the inner pods become little rucksacks.

We have an icandyapple which I love but have always lusted after a double nipper360 or a mountain buggy double as we walk almost everywhere and DD won't be walking everywhere when dc2 arrives.

MrsBri Sun 30-Dec-12 12:58:00

I'm tall as well, redwelly (5'11") but expanded the second I became pregnant! But everyone carries the baby differently.

My mum barely showed, even at 9 months, with both of us. My sister was MAHOOSIVE with my nephew, and quite large with my niece.

I'm all bump, not so much all over expansion. Funny how it's so different for us all.

arlandria666 Sun 30-Dec-12 13:09:16

Just been looking on mamas & papas website at bedding Moses baskets etc and there is a set we like its neutral (my theory being this our first we might want another lol) its all half price so i could get the complete bedding set including curtains Moses basket dream pod and pictures for the wall for £181 you only have to put deposit down and pay rest in installments is it excessive to buy all that when i am only 17 +3 lol they keep it til you want it?x x

MrsBri Sun 30-Dec-12 13:47:38

If you want it, just go for it. It doesn't matter whether some may think it is too early.

And a bargain is a bargain! :-)

CollectorofCookbooks Sun 30-Dec-12 14:22:19

Hi all

Happy new year in advance! Been a busy Christmas here, and slowly getting used to the idea of two babies not one :-) got my Downs results back, Both low risk but nowhere near the figures some of you have.

Went buggy shopping yesterday, have found the one we want, and also checked out car seats. The costs are scary for two frankly!

Going to have to be 'ready' for 30 weeks, and am likely to start maternity leave then too according to the consultant - am just hoping they stay put until May! Expanding at a rate of knots, thankfully my mother has stopping telling me that she wasn't in maternity clothes until she was 'at least' 8 months pregnant, when I've been in my jeans since week 13! Week 17 starts tomorrow. Time is flying - but at the moment I also don't 'feel' pregnant. Have the next scan on 28th January, just want to know all is well.

Hope everyone else is ok

DontmindifIdo Sun 30-Dec-12 14:59:07

I would say I'm going to aim to be ready for not long after 30 weeks too, not because I think it'll come that early but because I remember the bone aching tiredness of the last few months, I just couldn't face doing anything other than work, eat, sleep (and mainly the latter) - think it will be easier not to have additional shopping/decorating to do at the last few weeks!

forgetmenots Sun 30-Dec-12 15:09:26

I think 30 weeks is a good deadline for buying, gives DH time to get room ready too! Only a few weeks away really, so I think buying is okay as long as you don't feel uncomfortable with it, it's a personal choice I suppose.

DM and DF have been lovely and bought our travel system, gone for m&p Zoom as it did everything I needed (there were a couple of others but the bargain was so good!) Just waiting on delivery now.

Sarah2506 Sun 30-Dec-12 16:00:32

Hey, been reading about your shopping! I can't cope with buying stuff yet as we live in a flat with no room until we have seriously gutted the spare room! I had a peak on the mothercare website- cant go into a store as am in Istanbul at the mo- and I can't see anything about deposits or not getting stuff delivered until may?! I would have thought with sale stuff they would want it out the door pretty quick but if there is scope for paying later and collecting later I'd be keen. Can someone point me in the right direction?

On the bump front I have finally started to get a bump which I'm pleased about! Everyone really is different though- girl at work was a size 8 and massive from the word go but then she kind of grew into it, so maybe those who feel huge now will just settle in!

MrsBri Sun 30-Dec-12 16:05:28

Sarah, look up baby plan. You either have to call or order in store. And the stuff is normal stock, just at sale prices.

What's the Mamas and Papas pay in installment scheme? I can't find that for looking!

arlandria666 Sun 30-Dec-12 16:07:56

Mrsbri in store you just pick what you want pay 25% deposit tell them when you want it for and then you can make payments of any amount until that date x x

Sunbeam18 Sun 30-Dec-12 18:26:02

You are all scaring me by being super organised! We still need to move house before baby comes in June! Xxx

MrsBri Sun 30-Dec-12 18:29:24

Sunbeam, we need to move house too! Looked at a lovely one today...just need to negotiate on price. Keeping my fingers crossed.

DontmindifIdo Sun 30-Dec-12 18:30:17

Sunbeam - if it helps, I moved in the October when we had DS in December last time round - I'd we'd picked what I we wanted, but waited until we moved and then the nursery arrived half in a van from John Lewis and the other half in a van from Mothercare.

Sunbeam18 Sun 30-Dec-12 18:36:11

Excellent! Feeling better!

This thread is not accepting new messages.