Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

June 2013 thread 2 - Are your jeans feeling snug yet?

(1000 Posts)
PseudoBadger Sun 11-Nov-12 19:14:37

New thread for June 2013 smile

olimoss Mon 12-Nov-12 14:22:32

I have the office to myself all day today and I am afraid I just spent a nice hour on some cushions, under my desk, having a snooze. All I can think about is going home and falling on the sofa for another long nap.

CuriosityCola Mon 12-Nov-12 15:42:11

Really sorry about your news lady. Hope to see you on here again soon. [flower]

DontmindifIdo Mon 12-Nov-12 15:45:23

So sorry to hear that Lady - take care of yourself.

ella0 Mon 12-Nov-12 15:56:15

Just checking in, I'm 10 weeks today. Nothing much to report (still no sickness), although I do have a small bump now!

Fingers crossed for you, Lady.

ella0 Mon 12-Nov-12 15:58:17

I missed the last page - so sorry Lady.

CuriosityCola Mon 12-Nov-12 16:01:18

Ellao very envy at you not having any sickness.

JeffActually Mon 12-Nov-12 16:14:13

Lady so sorry to hear your news. Thinking of you.

Just checking in to new thread. I'm off work today as I spent all last night with the most horrific case of restless leg I have ever had. I literally had 30 minutes sleep and have managed to get 90 minutes during the day today.

Apparently bananas are good to stop the symptoms but I ate one this morning and was then sick sad

I did loads of research and made the mistake of telling DH that apparently having sex makes restless leg symptoms go away...he is going to be sadly dissapointed tonight grin

Bump is definitely showing - I am only 8+2 (probably) but it is my second and the belly didn't really return to nomal when DD arrived blush

Lady - I'm sorry, we thought we had lost this one and although I was upbeat it still needs some headspace for want of a better word.

I had my booking in today, we think between 9+2 -> 9+5 but not completely sure until scan date. I am being classed as high risk which means homebirth out of the question and I have been advised I will not be allowed past 40 weeks for the safety of the baby, the MW was lovely but you could see she was clearly shocked at the traumatic delivery of DC1. The idea of returning to the same delivery suite makes me physically sick. I have about 30 weeks to 'deal with it' and also to gather info on ELCS as they will recommend that over induction if I haven't gone into labour by 40weeks.

Hope everyone else is well & sickness isn;t too bad, mine is easing but still nauseous most of the day.

Sorry to hear your news, Lady sad

dreamydays Mon 12-Nov-12 18:18:40

lady so sorry, I am quite teary reading your post! (wretched hormones). Do look after youself and take it easy. Xx

AlohaMama Mon 12-Nov-12 18:55:32

So sorry Lady what sad news. Please look after yourself, and wishing you a speedy recovery.

LadyFlumpalot Mon 12-Nov-12 19:39:48

Thank you all, now, stop worrying about me and go concentrate on yourselves and your babies!

I'm fully intending to be back on the bus soon enough, and what Lady Flumpalot wants, Lady Flumpalot gets unless it costs loads coz I'm skint.

Sams4lo Mon 12-Nov-12 19:40:45

Big hugs to lady x

dreamydays Mon 12-Nov-12 21:01:13

Yay lady to your positive attitude!

jeff during my last pregnancy, in Switzerland, I was prescribed magnesium supplements. They are prescribed to pg women there as a matter of course and the doctor told me it's to prevent restless leg syndrome (tho presumably there are other downsides to low magnesium too). Might be worth checking whether your pg vitamins include magnesium, otherwise trying some magnesium-rich foods?

JeffActually Mon 12-Nov-12 21:39:16

Thanks Dreamy will do some reserach on mag too!

JeffActually Tue 13-Nov-12 07:02:46

I have discovered an advantage to be pregnant and ill at the same time. I am sitting in bed eating a huge bowl of yoghurt and honey and sipping a mug of hot honey and lemon, whilst MNing and DH hasn't grumbled at me.
He must be knackered though, I kept him awake most of the night before with my bloody riverdancing legs...he's probably just grateful I'm not kicking him grin

jeff my husband is being the same, just tolerating all my weird new behaviour and accepting that sometimes I will get him to do things for me that I'm more than capable of doing myself

The dread lurgy has hit the sparkle house, we've both come down with something!! Husband is way worse but then I've had my flu jab so I'm thinking I have addition immunity plus he has man flu rather than just a cold!!!

spiderlight Tue 13-Nov-12 10:59:56

Restless legs are miserable. I had them really really badly last time. Mine seem to be related to iron deficiency but I'll look into magnesium as well.

I've got a rotten cold too sad

Going to phoen the doctor today because I still haven't heard a peep from the midwives about booking in or anything. Still have no symptoms at all - might do another test actually.

ChicaT Tue 13-Nov-12 11:31:00

My jeans felt snug before I even knew I was pregnant! I'm usually a size 8 and 5'8" but by 6 weeks had already put on 2kg ugh, without changing my diet and with cutting out wine! Up TWO WHOLE sizes in jeans, not happy, I was hoping for the 'supermodel bump'!. However I suspect a thyroid disorder might have kicked in which would explain it, having it checked out now. Now 9 weeks and dying for week 12 when I can start telling people I'm not fat I'm pregnant! I usually don't eat any sugar (very sensitive tummy) but I recently realized it it works to stave off nausea (for me at least), so I'm stocking up on Ribena and Orangina.

My thoughts are with you Lady F.

newlondoner Tue 13-Nov-12 13:01:02

Hello! Long time no hear from me. Lady, I am really impressed by your attitude and strength - wow. Best of luck!

I am now about 10 weeks and have managed to convince myself I am having a silent miscarriage - amongst millions of other horrible things. Although I have got fairly manageable symptoms (no MS, just tiredness and lots of peeing), I think ante-natal depression is coming back this time too. I have a very short temper (poor DD!) and I find it hard to get up and go in the morning. I hate feeling like this - and hate being pregnant for that very reason.

Had my booking last week - nothing exciting but I really liked my named midwife, which made me feel a bit better. The system in this hospital seems to be better than in my last hospital as well which is reassuring. Onwards and upwards...

monal Tue 13-Nov-12 15:00:57

Lady, I like your attitude and my fingers are crossed for you.

Lyftiduft Tue 13-Nov-12 15:26:45

Lady, good luck- they say you're more fertile after a mc, hope you get a sticky bean soon smile

I'm booked in now, m/w reckons I'm due 6/6, I make it more like 11/6 because my cycle is a bit longer but we'll see! Wasn't particularly impressed with her but I have a named team, and two of them I've seen before when I had DS so hoping/will try to get them for future appointments. However she is doing my referral for an ELCS request though she didn't seem particularly in favour - I had an awful experience with DS which is still affecting me a bit now and he's almost 2 and I was told after his birth by the consultant who delivered him I could request ELCS next time too for medical reasons (3rd degree tear and risk of incontinence), so it's not like I just don't fancy a natural birth!

Sickness is worse if anything here, got a busy few weeks with work so it better clear up soon... DS seems to have decided afternoon napping is for wimps as well so there goes that chance to get anything done or rest! hmm

All I seem to do is moan on here, sorry. Hope everyone else is feeling ok.

suzyrut Tue 13-Nov-12 16:10:32

As a follow up was just wondering where you ladies who are buying maternity clothes were getting them from?? It's 10 years since my last pregnancy and have my fingers crossed that there have been massive style leaps forward in that time!

olimoss Tue 13-Nov-12 17:00:12

Suzyrut - I bought a dress from Isabella Oliver to wear to a quite fancy wedding but otherwise haven't really thought about maternity clothes - hoping to just buy maybe a size bigger for as long as I can....my friend also recommended Seraphine to me....

Onemoreforgoodmeasure Tue 13-Nov-12 17:19:24

Just checking in on the new thread. I've caught up on the news, sorry to hear things haven't worked out Lady, I admire your spirit and hope to see you back soon.

I was 11 weeks yesterday. I have my scan next week. I'm just hoping they see something. My symptoms eased off from week 9 and are so mild now. I notice a lot of people are here are still struggling with nauseau but some are more similar to me. That's comforting. What I wouldn't give for a really good bout of nausea! If all goes well with my scan then I will relax and appreciate not feeling so awful, but until then...

I have bought a few bits of cheap clothing to supplement my bloated belly and expanding hips! Luckily I wear a lot of shift dresses that hide a bit of belly!

This thread is not accepting new messages.