Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

June 2013 thread 2 - Are your jeans feeling snug yet?

(1000 Posts)
PseudoBadger Sun 11-Nov-12 19:14:37

New thread for June 2013 smile

forgetmenots Tue 11-Dec-12 17:20:43

Hi sunbeam, sorry I can't be much help other than to say my booking in appointment (at 12+5, in glasgow) was when my midwife would have taken the bloods for NTS. I have only had one appt and my scan was two days later. You may want to ask the sonographer or ask to speak to a MW when you're in - maybe they were able to take the bloods at 9w. Had you already indicated consent for the NTS? There should be a tick sheet in your notes of what your bloods were for. Hope this is some use smile

SparklySanta Tue 11-Dec-12 17:26:43

sun I'm having bloods taken tomorrow at my scan, maybe it's the same?

Sunbeam18 Tue 11-Dec-12 17:27:21

Thanks, forget. Yes, I did give the consent at my booking in appointment. I'll ask tomorrow at the scan!

forgetmenots Tue 11-Dec-12 17:32:41

Good luck for a lovely, clear and wriggly scan sunbeam!

EddieIzzardIsOrange Tue 11-Dec-12 17:57:27

forget and AmI - its on 17th January. DS is completely oblivious! We've tried talking to him about it but he really doesnt get it yet! If I have my top up to show him my tummy he just pokes my cavernous belly button and laughs! He is very interested in babies generally though, likes looking at pictures of himself and pointing little ones out when we're out and about...hopefully he wont hate it on sight!

dreamydays Tue 11-Dec-12 19:15:25

My screening results came back as 1/206 so we are being offered an amnio. We're considering but think we'll probably have one. I had one last time so am less nervous about the process this time, although of course the risk is still there. And although I don't know what we'd do if the result were positive, it would be good to know what the stuation is. It probably sounds silly but I thought the pip was moving slower than expected at my scan, which has been making me worry a bit... The bad news is that the amnio wouldn't be til 20 Dec, which means uncertainty over Christmas.

Sunbeam18 Tue 11-Dec-12 19:18:24

Sorry to hear that, dreamy - a difficult situation. The risk still sounds pretty low to me. I think I would probably do the same as you in the situation. Sending lots of support.

CuriouslyChristmassyColaHam Tue 11-Dec-12 19:33:35

Glad to hear your scan went well MrsBri. My little one is measuring 3 days ahead aswell. This actually fits in better with my slightly longer cycle.

Dreamy hope everything goes ok with whatever you decide to do.

AmIGoingMad Tue 11-Dec-12 19:40:10

Dreamy sorry to hear that you're going through the emotional wringer. I wouldn't let the moving slowly concern you too much- pip could have just been sleepy. Fwiw- here in Wales the cut off where you're considered high risk and offered amnio is 1 in 150- that's the same with Nhs and private. I'm sure that they'll understand the anguish not knowing the results will cause over Christmas and let you know as soon as possible. Thinking of you and sending hugs.

Sunbeam- as we don't get nt on Nhs here I'm not sure but I know that I had bloods taken after the 12 wk scan yesterday by the midwives there. Last pregnancy I also remember having to go to the blood taking (phlebotomy?) dept after visiting antenatal dept. ask at the desk when you arrive for your appt tomrw so that you're not worrying for longer.
Eddie- not sure how I'm going to explain to DS either- might post somewhere asking for good age appropriate books to reinforce what I'm saying to him!

MrsBri Tue 11-Dec-12 20:24:19

Sorry about your news, Dreamy...lets hope the test comes back all clear. xx

That's interesting, Curiosity, mine doesn't fit in with my dates at all. I think it's just tall (like me and its dad!). I know when I ovulated, so I know my dates bang on. Our baby just likes growing :-)

SunnyL Tue 11-Dec-12 20:39:09

Sunbeam I'm Edinburgh as well (Simpsons) and they did my blood immediately after the scan. Well they did once they'd managed to squeeze some out of me. That was last Wednesday and I've not had my results yet. Think we get them in the post.

dreamydays Tue 11-Dec-12 21:27:20

Thanks all...after some thought, reckon we'll go for the amnio. We'd prefer to know for sure one way or the other. Feeling reasonably relaxed about it at the moment although no doubt will be nervous before the appointment comes round on 20th.

CuriouslyChristmassyColaHam Tue 11-Dec-12 21:34:50

Lots of people from Edinburgh on here. Loving the optimism of the sunshine names grin Might have to change mine!

Sunbeam18 Tue 11-Dec-12 21:37:23

Thanks, Sunny - good to know. Have stopped worrying for now! Thanks for all the advice

Little9 Tue 11-Dec-12 21:41:12

Sunbeam - they also took blood for the NT test after the scan (I had already had a load taken by the midwife at the booking in appt too for testing immunities, diseases and iron levels, etc and got the results back at the scan - all fine luckily).

Congratulations James. Fingers crossed this one is a very sticky little bean.

MrsBri - congratulations on the scan.

Dreamy - hope all is well whatever you decide to do.

Not much to report from my end. Am now 13+4. Told my department at work yesterday who were all delighted but m belly had indeed given the game away a couple of weeks ago!

My 20 week scan is also on 25th Jan although I am also having one at 16 weeks on 28th Dec to check my cervix is still holding up ok. Not really got any idea whether we're camp pink or blue. Thought I was going to have a boy last time but turned out to be a girl. However, my work colleagues think I may be having a boy this time as I have not had any sickness at all. Not really felt nauseous like last time either, so we'll see! Won't be finding out at 20 week scan though - keeping it a surprise for the birth. Not bothered either way - just want it to be healthy and alive! Good luck for any scans coming up and take care everyone.

Fidget275 Wed 12-Dec-12 07:23:49

Morning everyone!! Scan day today!! All of your brilliant first scans are lovely to hear about, been awake for about 5 hours now..... Excitement... worry....excitement...worry.... etc!
I'm so suprised at how quickly it's come round. grin
On the downside I am in week six of the most goddam awful ms ever! Seems to be slightly better, (week 10 seemed to be the peak.. shudder!) and mostly just nausea, anybody out there 12 weeks or more still suffering??? #Pleasedontlastfor40weeks
Good luck to anybody with scans for this week!! X

AmIGoingMad Wed 12-Dec-12 08:03:49

Good luck with scans today!

Dreamy it makes sense if you'll feel better for having it. We'll all be here to support you x

Fidget- yes still suffering here! Eased slightly last wk but bk with a vengeance now!

AmIGoingMad Wed 12-Dec-12 08:06:05

Think we might find out this time at 20 wk scan. Didn't last time and loved the surprise but we might need to this time financially!!!

MrsBri Wed 12-Dec-12 08:37:10

Good luck Fidget :-) Hope it goes well.

We aren't finding out, AmI...nice surprise at the end of the effort of labour.

Succumbed to calling in sick today. On the third day of a banging headache and barely slept either. Trekking an hour to work on the train is not good for poor baby if I'm exhausted before I leave, so called in sick for the first time ever.

Hope everyone is ok. xx

AmIGoingMad Wed 12-Dec-12 08:53:45

Rest up today mrsbri. Some things are more important than work and if you need to rest then make sure you do. I've been off for a little while now- been a bit of an emotional wreck which I'm hoping is just down to hormones running wild. Back to see the doc this fri and hoping I don't blub at him again! X

MrsBri Wed 12-Dec-12 09:12:05

Sounds hormonal, AmI...I've been crying loads at everything this last week or so.

And I'm worrying about EVERYTHING far more than necessary.

Pregnancy appears to be very stressful. Not exactly what I expected!

Hope you feel better soon too. x

suzyrut Wed 12-Dec-12 09:50:36

Morning all,

Sorry to hear about your results dreamy and especially sorry it's going to make for such a stressful Christmas. You sound ok about it but it's tortureous being in results limbo no matter how much you can rationalise the percentage risks.

Good luck sunbeam and fidget for scans today xx

I spent last night at A&E with bleeding and cramping, they reckon it could be a delayed reaction from CVS last week but listened to the heatbeat and cervix closed (sorry if TMI) so just told me to come back if it gets worse.

MrsBri you should put your feet up and try to rest, I've taken quite a bit of time off work and sadly it's all still here when I get back each time!!!

xx

MrsBri Wed 12-Dec-12 10:37:06

Goodness, Suzy, you're really going through it :-( I hope you're better soon. xx

suzyrut Wed 12-Dec-12 11:39:38

Thanks MrsBri I think it's my age, never had these problems in my 20s...going over to the babynames forum now to see if anyone knows one with the meaning "trouble"!

MrsBri Wed 12-Dec-12 12:11:48

Age has a lot to answer for!

I'm sure there's a lovely name meaning trouble put there somewhere :-)

This thread is not accepting new messages.