Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

June 2013 thread 2 - Are your jeans feeling snug yet?

(1000 Posts)
PseudoBadger Sun 11-Nov-12 19:14:37

New thread for June 2013 smile

redwellybluewelly Tue 04-Dec-12 19:38:02

spider I hope you get good news next week

After weeks of bloating I have lost my bump until the evening when it pops out, trying to keep the news under wraps until 20week scan for a variety of reasons. Might mean new Christmas dress!

Sarah2506 Tue 04-Dec-12 20:02:26

I would love to know why I'm watching 'Wills & Kate : Baby Fever'. This is insanity! I'm wondering if those of you with big 12 week bumps are second time mums? I feel bad for looking so fat first time round! My waist has entirely disappeared and I've gained a good half a stone, or possibly more if you count from the weight I went down to when initially sick. The midwife gave me such a look!! Went out for work Xmas lunch today at 3pm. Had to have lunch beforehand - obviously couldn't wait until 3 - and now having dinner.....

MrsBri Tue 04-Dec-12 20:07:32

First timer here, Sarah...I'll be MAHOOSIVE for the next one!

And I'd have eaten lunch first too :-)

AlohaMama Tue 04-Dec-12 20:36:59

So far think I have managed to avoid detection by judicious wearing of empire-line tops. The kind that make you look pregnant even if you're not, so everyone is too polite to comment! At least that is what I'm hoping. Fortunately I only work in the office 2 days a week, so I just hide behind my desk.

Sarah blame it on the hormones. I'm sure under normal circumstances you would never dream of watching such tosh wink

CuriosityCola Tue 04-Dec-12 21:36:37

I have a noticeable bump, second time here. I was much bigger the first time though, despite 'severe morning sickness' wink. Think I have mentioned before that my 12 week scan revealed it was just loads and loads of gas smile. Was all worried about having to return for second scan when I seen 'measurements not obtained due to gas' in my notes!

This pregnancy I am eating like a hobbit, so will no doubt be huge. I had a meal out on Sat night and had to have my dinner first. Would never have lasted until half 7! Don't worry, you aren't the only one grin

CuriosityCola Tue 04-Dec-12 21:38:45

P.s. is anyone else wondering if their child will be marrying a Royal one day? My mum phoned me to tell me specifically about the pregnancy and expected me to be excited about this possibility {loon}

AlohaMama Tue 04-Dec-12 21:50:11

cola I wish I could eat that much. I normally looooove food, cooking, eating, reading about food, and I miss that. At the moment, it is all I can do to cook something simple and basic, I just have lost my enthusiasm sad Hoping it will return in time for Christmas.

CuriosityCola Tue 04-Dec-12 22:04:43

I have just worked out from my last pregnancy what I can and can't eat. Lots of small portions and as little meat as possible. Nothing too greasy or heavy. Though cheese is like the food of the gods for some reason. It should get easier for you.

Unfortunately, I'm having to still cook proper meals as ds is only 15 months. I have tried to give him Ella's pouches twice and was sick both times due to the smell. Not a good advert for them!grin

AlohaMama Wed 05-Dec-12 01:09:39

Ha ha, think I might avoid Ella's then!! Am in the same boat, ds is 19 months. I do still cook for him, and fortunately still have a reasonable stash of frozen portions to keep us going. Sadly he loves curry, I can't stomach it right now. I did do nachos last night though and thankfully that suited everyone and was easy to make.

spiderlight Wed 05-Dec-12 08:33:39

* MrsBri* I did my first tst on 4th November (period had been due about 22nd October-ish). I'd go nuts if I kept thinking about the dates so I'm just going to try and wait until next Thursday and not obsess about it too much.

My main worry now is that if I really am only 5 weeks I might still have sickness to come!

CollectorofCookbooks Wed 05-Dec-12 10:47:53

Oh. My. God.

It's twins. TWINS!!!

<faints>

Due 10th June.

Twins!

spiderlight Wed 05-Dec-12 10:56:49

shock Wow - exciting!! Congratulations!! grin

Dillydollydaydream Wed 05-Dec-12 11:02:10

Twins! Wow! Double congratulations.

princesschick Wed 05-Dec-12 11:05:43

Wow Collector that must have been a shock but lovely news too. Do twins run in your family?!

On the talk of tummies, my lower tummy was rigid last night (not wind!) and seems to have popped out this morning!!

13 + 2 and still vomming... sigh I hear you on wanting the enthusiasm back for Xmas Aloha

Spider FX for good news. Although it sounds like you could be 5 wks if your + was at the beginning of Nov?

Lots of love to everyone else...

Now that I have the little picture of baby on my desk (work from home), have told everyone and belly has popped, I can actually start to believe I'm really pregnant and am starting to get excited. By the time baby comes it will have been 4 years in the making. I've wanted to be pregnant for Xmas for the last 3 Xmas's, seems like all of my dreams came true this year (and I keep doing small cries about it in the happiest of ways) grin

pinkapples Wed 05-Dec-12 11:13:59

Awww princess you sound like me every year I've looked at the babies 1st Christmas and said that'll be me and it never was now next year it will be grin sounds like you've got the same dates as me too!

MrsBri Wed 05-Dec-12 12:06:25

Wow, Collector...is that the actual due date or when they think they will come? I've a feeling you'll beat us all to it and they'll appear in May! :-)

Congratulations. Do you have DC already?

CuriouslyChristmassyColaHam Wed 05-Dec-12 13:36:31

Congratulations collector, amazing news!

Who are my scan buddies for tomorrow? Is anyone having theirs today?

Congratulations Collector grin did they say if they were mono- or di-amniotic? How exciting!

forgetmenots Wed 05-Dec-12 14:26:58

I'm having my scan tomorrow curiously - though I forked out for a babybond one a few weeks back because I was stressing! I think I'll be 13+2.

forgetmenots Wed 05-Dec-12 14:27:35

And congratulations collector! great news grin

CollectorofCookbooks Wed 05-Dec-12 14:31:49

My uncles are twins ( 2 of 4) but apart from that, no. I thought the sonographer was making polite talk when she asked if multiple births ran in our families, she did it in the tone of voice you'd use to ask about the weather!

We looked like goldfish for at least 4 hours after.

They're Di-amniotic <gets head round terminology> and it means that we couldn't have the nuchal scan today, because it changes the consequences and what we can do, so we've booked for that next Tuesday. I'll be scanned every 4 weeks from 20 weeks - and it puts paid to my plans for a water birth! No, I don't have children, but do have a DSD who is 8 and is going to be extremely surprised. Any advice on how to tell her (and the Ex!) gratefully received!

That's my actual due date, but they're likely to come 2-3 weeks before then, so we'll see, I could well steal a march on you all!

Off for a lie down. Total shock. But happy shock.

suzyrut Wed 05-Dec-12 14:57:33

Wow congratulations collector.

I'm hoping to tell my older dcs at the weekend if good news tomorrow, am going to wrap up a picture of the scan photos we had from a couple of weeks ago then give them to them at dinner, see whether they guess. If I could've waited to christmas then I would've done a similar but as a christmas present.

The ex bit was easier as he guessed just by looking at me!

AlohaMama Wed 05-Dec-12 15:42:51

Congratulations collector. Goodness me, I think I'd still be on the floor if that was me. My conversation at the doctors - there is just one hearbeat yes? Yes. <wipes forehead with relief>. Glad it's your first, that way you don't know any different, right? I have fears that dh will persuade me to go for number 3 after this one, and then those would be twins. Now that would be a nightmare! I'm sure your dsd will be so excited!

So sweet princess - glad you got your dream this Christmas!

If they're MCDA (identical twins) then make sure you know the signs of TTTS (this is what we lost 2 of our triplets to, it's horrible but treatable if caught in time). Also I think they deliver at 36 weeks to avoid acute TTTS if you go into labour naturally.

If they're DCDA (possibly identical, probably not) then that's not a problem and they normally let you go longer before delivery.

How exciting! TAMBA is a useful site if you haven't found it already, and there's a book on multiple pregnancies by Carol Cooper which is really good too.

CollectorofCookbooks Wed 05-Dec-12 17:03:15

Sorry to hear about your losses Rue, and thank you for the warning. From what's written on my notes they're DCDA, so fingers crossed. I will make sure I ask next week - was so stunned today I could barely get a sentance out.

I'll check out the book, and have just registered with TAMBA, have you joined fully? Is it worth it?

The midwife only heard one heartbeat at my booking in - so don't get your hopes up Aloha!

Glad your dream came true Princess. Good luck to everyone else who is having their scans this week!

This thread is not accepting new messages.