Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

June 2013 thread 2 - Are your jeans feeling snug yet?

(1000 Posts)
PseudoBadger Sun 11-Nov-12 19:14:37

New thread for June 2013 smile

olimoss Mon 03-Dec-12 21:34:35

That Middleton has totally stolen my (our) thunder!

Re: nuchal measurements, I'm also 38 and it was 1:170 due to age but hit blood results back today and it's shifted out to 1:5700. A bit of an improvement!

Bloods def a good thing. I think now we'll just keep all digits crossed and not go the CVS/amnio route.

olimoss Mon 03-Dec-12 21:34:59

*got

Stupid phone....

Sunbeam18 Mon 03-Dec-12 21:56:38

When do you get full results of combined test back? I am getting the nuchal measurement taken at my scan next Wednesday - do they give results there and then? My midwife took the blood test for it at my booking in appt several weeks ago. She said I would get a call if there were any problems and I haven't heard anything. Bit confused.

olimoss Mon 03-Dec-12 22:22:35

I got my bloods taken at the scan, they said a letter with results would arrive in 2 weeks, and they'd call before then if any news re: high risk.

sunbeam sounds like they'll have your blood results to hand for your scan so with the NM you'll find out on the day.

olimoss Mon 03-Dec-12 22:26:02

Btw, is anyone else itchy? My lower legs and abdomen are sooooo itchy, it's driving me mad trying not to scratch.

pinkapples Tue 04-Dec-12 06:34:51

Congrats on All the good scans grin

MrsBri Tue 04-Dec-12 07:03:33

I'm not itchy, my skin is sensitive to touch though and I feel like I bruise more easily.
Finally heading towards 12 weeks now...just want my scan next week to know everything is OK. Then I may relax for all of 24 hours!

CuriosityCola Tue 04-Dec-12 08:25:53

I think the stretching of your skin can make it itchy. Do you have lotions and potions? I used bio oil last time and took extra oil based vitamin. I think I was quite far on when my stomach got really bad. Really should have written in my pregnancy journal. grin

HistoryKitty Tue 04-Dec-12 08:29:09

My legs have been awfully itchy for weeks now.

Oh dear my favourite boys name is definitely going to be on Kate and Wills list sad now.I'm going to have to go with DH's suggestion.

spiderlight Tue 04-Dec-12 09:14:40

I was really itchy last time but Palmers' cocoa butter helped.

I've got my scan this morning and will hopefuly be telling people this afternoon, so I'm planning to totally upstage Kate!! ;) Really really nervous. I don't know what to do about the Downs test. I refused it last time but I'm 40 now....but I wouldn't terminate anyway....but would it be worth it for peace of mind if it shows I'm low risk....? Argh.

Dillydollydaydream Tue 04-Dec-12 09:52:30

I have really itchy dry skin on my lower legs too. I feel a right mess! I'm also really spotty. Hideous. My husband said yesterday I was 'glowing' hahaha he's clearly in need of an eye test smile

MrsBri Tue 04-Dec-12 09:52:49

I think I'm going to refuse the Downs test too, spider, as I also wouldn't terminate. I have a week to decide / discuss with DH.

spiderlight Tue 04-Dec-12 10:08:51

God, I'm really really weepy. Need to get it together before we set off. I was OK until Mrs Rabbit had babies on Peppa Pig this morning.

pinkapples Tue 04-Dec-12 10:58:48

Happy to report my risk of downs is 1:27584 still a chance I suppose but a low one so a happy lady today.

I'm itchy all the time anyway as had excema but I seem to be managing it. What's everyone doing for stretch marks. I've got bio oil and am putting that on twice a day to hopefully minimise them but I can already see them coming and I'm 13 weeks today sad

Dillydollydaydream Tue 04-Dec-12 11:59:53

Good result pinkapples. Mine arrived this morning too, low risk which is reassuring.

olimoss Tue 04-Dec-12 12:42:13

Gosh one in over 27,000? That's amazing - makes me worry about my 1:5700 now....!!

pinkapples Tue 04-Dec-12 14:50:46

Congrats dilly
Yes os I was a bit shocked too hubby opened the post and rang me I thought that was high but the higher the better I guess. I wouldn't worry that's still high compared to if it was one in a couple of hundred. My midwife told me a story of a women who got one in 3,000 and she has just given birth to a downs baby so I guess there's always that one chance no matter what numbers you get

spiderlight Tue 04-Dec-12 15:03:14

Well, that didn't go well sad Either we have our dates really wrong or the baby has stopped growing - it was only measuring at five weeks and too early to detect a heartbeat. I have to go back for another scan next Thursday to see whether it's growing at all. I've just done another test and it's still positive though, so that's good, right? Five weeks does actually fit with the date when we thought we might have conceived (although that would have involved me ovulating around day 28 and I'm usually really really regular), but my GP was only interested in my last period and put us ahead of where we thought we were. They weren't worried about the spotting because it was old brown blood - they've just said to call if I see any fresh blood. So I'm basically in limbo, and possibly on the wrong bus. Uff.

AlohaMama Tue 04-Dec-12 17:37:33

oh no spider that sounds worrying. Hopefully it is just a miscalculation with the dates, and that you were right with your initial calculations.

CuriosityCola Tue 04-Dec-12 17:40:53

spider that sounds terribly confusing and unsupportive of them. What are the next steps?

MrsBri Tue 04-Dec-12 17:46:46

Goodness, spider, that is confusing. But if it fits with your dates, then it isn't necessarily bad, is it?

When did you do your first positive test, I don't recall?

Fx for good news next week. xx

Dillydollydaydream Tue 04-Dec-12 17:48:33

Spider sorry you're in limbo at the moment. Hopefully everything's fine though

Sams4lo Tue 04-Dec-12 19:07:56

Just when I thought things may settle down being in the second trimester, it all goes Pete tong sad seen consultant today, and bp is through the roof, I'm only 14 weeks sad so on bp tablets and praying I can stay calm, but unsure that's possible as got consultant with dc3 tomorrow and dc2 next Wednesday!

Hope everyone else is starting to feel better and scans are going well x

Little9 Tue 04-Dec-12 19:18:18

Spider - hopefully your dates are correct and everything will be fine next week. Not good that you have to wait though. Just try to remain positive (difficult, I know). I've got everything crossed for you for next Thursday.

Only 2 days to my scan on Friday morning. Have dared to let myself get a little excited - hope I don't regret it!!

My belly currently has it's own Sun and I'm only 12 and a half weeks. Gonna be the size of two solar systems by the end if I get that far!! Someone at work noticed my bump and commented on it today. Luckily he has said he'll keep it to himself as I have only told two people at work so far until after my scan. Although think most of the people in my office have actually guessed but are too polite to ask after mc in June!

MrsBri Tue 04-Dec-12 19:35:55

Little, my bump is competing with yours I reckon. And I know everyone at work 'knows' as it is bloody obvious I'm pregnant! Nobody has asked yet though...clearly too polite.

And I'm not announcing until after Christmas. Nobody will be surprised. :-)

I'm only 11+2 as well!

This thread is not accepting new messages.