Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

June 2013 thread 2 - Are your jeans feeling snug yet?

(1000 Posts)
PseudoBadger Sun 11-Nov-12 19:14:37

New thread for June 2013 smile

olimoss Mon 12-Nov-12 07:49:33

Oh gosh what's the Stats thread for? I'm such a Mumsnet virgin.....

PseudoBadger Mon 12-Nov-12 08:02:07

It just means that this thread doesn't get clogged up with big lists of EDDs etc.

Llama 8+2 today and Im definately showing!! In the process of trying to buy some discreet maternity clothes, especially for work, but its bloody hard!! I normally wearing a pencil skirt and smart top, so it would look odd if I suddenly started wearing trousers. Problem is most maternity pencil skirts seem to only come in over the bump format!!

Lady I hope you get some answers today!!

I thought my sickness was dying down, but its back with a vengance, so is my chronic urtacaria sad so Im generally feeling rubbish and ready to go back to bed!! but Ive got to be at work today, need to get through the next couple of weeks and then the pressure will be off a little bit!!!

I have my booking in appointment tonight, its at home though so I have no idea what they'll check!!

CuriosityCola Mon 12-Nov-12 08:32:11

Thanks for adding me properly Pseudo.

Another one here feeling dreadful. I felt great on Saturday, but awful yesterday. I nearly passed out trying to make breakfast this morning. I think pregnancy should entitle you to extra leave (free child care if you are sahm) for hibernation. grin

MrsBri Mon 12-Nov-12 08:32:58

I'm 8+2 too, Sparkle, and have been showing for at least a week, as I was purest by somebody at work last Monday! My skirt today is quite tight. I have bought new floaty tops though, to attempt to cover the bump.

I want to not buy skirts for work until after my 12 week scan, which is 4 weeks tomorrow.

I was sick this morning, which always seems to make my nausea better for the day. If I'm not sick, the nausea is worse. I'm odd! See how it goes though.

Don't feel too bad today though, which I find unnerving!!

MrsBri Mon 12-Nov-12 08:33:47

Outed, not purest! Auto bloody correct!!

agreed Cola maternity leave should start the moment you get your BFP!!!

Bri Im lucky that no one at work has called me on it, but they must surely have noticed something by now, if now the bump then at least the obsessive biscuit eating!!!

olimoss Mon 12-Nov-12 08:46:06

Oh thank you Pseudo.....

MrsBri Mon 12-Nov-12 09:06:05

Ah yes, the snacking is surely a giveaway.

I'm known for NEVER eating apart from at lunch. Now I eat constantly!

Starting to feel sick again now...yucky!

suzyrut Mon 12-Nov-12 09:14:04

Hi and yeay for new thread. People at work are going to think I'm on the world's worst diet as all I've been eating is fruit but I am getting bigger by the day. Am wearing lots of long scarves and cardigans (thank goodness it's winter). I'm with you mrsbri don't want to buy anything maternity until scan in a couple of weeks.

Good luck for today lady I really hope everthing's ok.

Bri I can currently only get through the morning by having 3 breakfasts!!! So I have two arrowroot biscuits first thing, wait for a few mins before I throw those back up, then I have a bowl of cereal, then when I get to work I have a pain au chocolate. This all helps to turn the actual throwing up in to just queasiness!!! I'm going to be the size of a house BUT atleast I may just survive this with my sanity intacked!!!

Suzy Thats what I've taken too, scarves are a huge help!! But buying new bottoms really was unavoidable because of the bloat/bump action I have going on. my current work skirts have zero give in them!!

pinkapples Mon 12-Nov-12 12:21:34

Wriggly bean is on board and we saw its little kick out which was very sweet and made dh cry almost grin

Got my date through for my 12 week and it is the 25th November on dh's birthday grin exciting

great news apples how come you had an early scan?

We have an early one booked for 1st Decemeber (I'll be 11 weeks) but only because we wanted to start telling people as and when we see them over christmas and my NHS scan is several weeks later!!!

grainmum Mon 12-Nov-12 12:36:34

Come to say hello to the new thread and bringing lots of positive scan vibes. 9+6 today and 14 days until scan.... Much bloating here but no proper bump, don't want to buy special clothes too soon and then just have to get different ones later on...

lady how are you getting on? Thinking of you.

pinkapples Mon 12-Nov-12 13:01:14

It's a fertility baby conceived with ivf that's how I get scans I had one at 7 weeks one at 10 weeks (today) then today they discharged me and I'm considered normal grin

MrsJLS85 Mon 12-Nov-12 13:28:16

yay shiny new thread!!

11 weeks today, feeling quite happy - also I am well into my maternity trousers. Last time I didn't' show til 20 weeks! Much different second time around...

Apples Thats fabulous!! I love an IVF/long term TTC success story grin

LadyFlumpalot Mon 12-Nov-12 13:45:28

Hullo, I am officially bowing out. It's all over, been scanned and there is nothing left. I had a massive bleed this morning.

I wish you all well with your pregnancies, I may lurk around if that's ok.

Please don't be too upset for me, what will be, will be. I'm young, fit an healthy, no reason why I shouldn't fall again soon.

Thank you all for your wishes and kindness, it means a lot.

smilexxx

Dillydollydaydream Mon 12-Nov-12 13:47:52

Glad scan all well apples

I'm 11+2 today and very bloated, don't think it's baby but first thing when I wake with a full bladder I think I can feel a hard bit in my tummy quite low down. Tummy very achey today, hopefully just everything stretching.

Another eater to avoid nausea, so far I've had decaf tea and ginger nuts before I got up, a bowl of cereal, a shortbread biscuit, packet of wotsits and a tuna sandwich. It's not even 2 o'clock yet!

Dillydollydaydream Mon 12-Nov-12 13:50:04

Sorry. Cross posted with ladyflumpalot.
So sorry you're leaving the thread.
Wishing you all the best xx

spiderlight Mon 12-Nov-12 13:50:58

So sorry, LadyFlumpalot sad

suzyrut Mon 12-Nov-12 14:03:42

Really sorry to hear that lady, take care.

take care of yourself Lady best of luck for the future, your positive attitude is inspiring.

olimoss Mon 12-Nov-12 14:21:40

Oh dear, so sorry LadyFlumpalot, hope we have you back soon.

This thread is not accepting new messages.