Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

June 2013 thread 2 - Are your jeans feeling snug yet?

(1000 Posts)
PseudoBadger Sun 11-Nov-12 19:14:37

New thread for June 2013 smile

HistoryKitty Sat 24-Nov-12 10:43:32

Redwelly, I read that your when your pregnant, your body is working twice as hard when you're at rest as when a normal person is jogging or something like that.

DontmindifIdo Sat 24-Nov-12 10:53:08

Redwelly - you need to lose your temper. Or have a crying fit. Or is your MIL the sort to be open to you calling and asking her to call him back and explain you need to rest. You are growing his DC, he needs to give you a break. If he's tired, he's just tired, if you're tired, it's not just you that suffers. His job between now and June is supporting you.

Dreamy - it was rather funny, the look of sheer horror on my friend's face! I hope, however, this hasn't made her DD think that all woman with a bit of a belly are pregnant...

suzyrut Sat 24-Nov-12 12:13:56

Morning ladies and thank you so much for all your messages. Feel a lot better this morning had a bit of a cry and am focussing on the fact that there's about a 97.5% chance of not having downs which in any other circumstance you'd probably think are pretty good odds! Also trying not to focus on the image in my head of a comedy sized needle.

Glad to hear everyone's scans went well yesterday and dontmind that's so funny out of the mouths of babes eh!

Sorry to hear your dh is not being very helpful redwelly, there's nothing similar about pregnancy tiredness and normal tiredness, you're growing a person for goodness sake! Can you get him to read anything on the Internet about pregnancy to prove it to him (not that you should have to!)?

spiderlight Sat 24-Nov-12 15:00:14

Suzy, fingers crossed that your mind is put at rest soon.

My DH is going to flipping Barcelona for five days for a conference in the last week of May. Not looking forward to that hmm

ExpatMamaToBe Sat 24-Nov-12 17:04:26

Suzy I'm so sorry, thinking of you, fingers crossed it will all be alright. Lots of hugs xx

pinkapples Sat 24-Nov-12 18:45:21

Congrats to all the ladies who have had good scans so pleased grin

Mines tomorrow and I was wondering how much to drink and when to start drinking it and when the last time I should use the bathroom scans at 2.45
Thanks grin

CuriosityCola Sat 24-Nov-12 19:40:21

pinkapples I had to go for a pee about half an hour before my six week scan. Panicked about not having enough wee and drank a pint of water. It was more than enough. Could see my bladder weighing down heavily at the top of the screen grin. So would just recommend you don't go immediately before being scanned, but not to worry too much.

webminx Sun 25-Nov-12 13:12:31

Congrats on all the good scan news. Unfortunately, I think this one isn't going to work out for me sad. Again sad. Had some blood on Friday, sat about EPU all day but no scans available so have to wait til Monday for the inevitable news. Have had intermittent bleeding since then, with stomach cramps also this morning. Half of me still hopes it's ok as only brown blood and keep hearing this sometimes happens to people who go on to have healthy babies, while other half knows this is it, as the last MMC started exactly like this sad. I'll post again next week if there's some miracle, but otherwise, wish all you lovely ladies the very best of luck!!

Oh webminx I'm so sorry to hear that, fingers crossed for Monday x

redwellybluewelly Sun 25-Nov-12 13:53:52

webminx very sorry to hear your news but fingers crossed x

I have an odd TMI thing happening, I think it happened with DD as well, im rather sore down below, it's as if my vulva/labia is pulsing, like a headache. Sounds crazy but it's distracting and painful. Thrush?

DH has gone off on his work trip, will be home Saturday night or Tuesday night depending on what meetings he has. Think DD and I will miss him a lot.

arlandria666 Sun 25-Nov-12 15:07:37

webminx got everything crossed for you x x how far gone are you now? try and remain positive and stay off Google i found when i had bleeding i spent the whole weekend on Google and drove myself insane until i had early scan i still Google far too much now!x x

dreamydays Sun 25-Nov-12 16:19:37

Sorry webminx. fingers crossed for you tomorrow. x

flutterby123 Sun 25-Nov-12 18:20:38

webminx got fingers crossed for you, hope everything is okay, sending you positive thoughts xx

olimoss Sun 25-Nov-12 21:12:38

webminx my thoughts and good vibes with and to you....

AlohaMama Mon 26-Nov-12 04:24:40

So sorry webminx, hope your appointment goes well tomorrow.

Good to hear about all the great scans. Nothing much to report here, though I might be tempting to fate to say I've been feeling a bit better lately. Still have low level nausea throughout the day but nothing like as bad as it was earlier on. I'm 9+3 so maybe it'll get better from here-on?!

Wow, I lost you all a while ago and finally found this thread again! Haven't had a chance to read through it all yet, but hope everyone is well!

pinkapples Mon 26-Nov-12 06:28:13

Amazing scan yesterday baby is fine and very wriggly can't believe I have to wait 6-8 weeks for my next one

MrsBri Mon 26-Nov-12 07:08:12

Good luck today, webminx.

pinkapples Mon 26-Nov-12 09:12:19

Good luck webminx fingers crossed x

suzyrut Mon 26-Nov-12 09:21:00

Good luck webminx I hope you get positive news today.

and congrats pinkapples

CollectorofCookbooks Mon 26-Nov-12 11:47:47

Good luck today Webminx.

Had my booking in appointment at the hospital this morning, and they found the heartbeat! Was a bit like a small train chugging up a hill. Very relieved - now just need to hang on til next Wednesday for my scan.

Am starting to feel quite faint if I stand up for too long, keep going a bit weak and wobbly which sounds pathetic. MW said blood pressure changes not sugar levels, so I need to sit down more! I can cope with that...

spiderlight Mon 26-Nov-12 12:52:52

Thinjking of you Webminx.

CuriosityCola Mon 26-Nov-12 13:54:47

Hope everything has gone okay webminx flowers

arlandria666 Mon 26-Nov-12 17:06:59

petrified about my scan tomorrow! every time i let myself get excited i always think of something bad hmm my latest fear that they won't be able to see baby cos i am over weight! i have to keep reminding myself that they saw it at 7 weeks! don't think i will get much sleep tonight!! anyone else got their scan tomorrow?xx

pinkapples Mon 26-Nov-12 18:29:23

I had that arlandria they didn't directly say it and saw baby fine I did get home tho and read the notes they'd stuck in that said images limited due to bmi... How rude I thought baby looked beautiful you'll be fine let us know how it goes x

This thread is not accepting new messages.