Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

June 2013 thread 2 - Are your jeans feeling snug yet?

(1000 Posts)
PseudoBadger Sun 11-Nov-12 19:14:37

New thread for June 2013 smile

HistoryKitty Thu 22-Nov-12 18:59:21

Hello All,

Tentatively joining here now, had my scan on Monday, am 12 weeks due 6th June 2013 with baby no. 2. Have DD who was three on Monday.

dreamydays Thu 22-Nov-12 19:05:24

Congrats everyone on the scans! So much good news! Mine is in the morning, I can't wait.

Are you all telling everyone now? I'm torn between wanting to tell and thinking I should wait to find out whether I need an amnio (had one last time).

Have been feeling utterly rough for the last 24 hours, ever since a v bumpy flight home from a work trip yesterday on a half-full Fokker 50 (little propellor plane) in bad weather - note to self never ever to take a small plane while pregnant! Wasn't expecting to be so ill now I'm 12 weeks.

flutterby123 Thu 22-Nov-12 20:47:46

Hi everyone, it's scans galore on here at the moment! Mine is tomorrow. Is anyone else absolutely terrified that there's nothing there? Please tell that this is rational. I'm so scared that we go in and then ... nothing. I'm still feeling sick, and I still can't stand the smell of most food (and I'm still having 4 dry cream crackers for lunch - Mum went mental when I told her that one!) but I'm just really scared something will be wrong with her/ him/ (them!)

MrsBri Fri 23-Nov-12 07:40:04

Good luck today, Flutterby. :-)

I'm scared of MMC when I have my scan. But everyone has the same fears, so we can all empathise with you. xx

PseudoBadger Fri 23-Nov-12 07:42:46

I'm the same Flutterby - on all points. My scan isn't until the 10th Dec though. Good luck today!

suzyrut Fri 23-Nov-12 09:22:00

Good luck today dreamy and flutterby I know exactly how you felt eventhough I'd had 3 scans before, totally normal I'd say.

I've started telling people now and will be telling my older two (12 & 9) at dinner on Saturday. Haven't had the full combined test results back but nice thin nuchal measurement so feel not totally paranoid good about it.

BBQshapes Fri 23-Nov-12 09:22:33

Ditto Flutterby. All I want is to feel less sick and fatigued, but on the days I do then I worry that there's nothing there/it's all over. Good luck with your scan today. Let us know how it goes. Fingers crossed for you.

BBQshapes Fri 23-Nov-12 09:26:19

Oh and good luck Dreamy!
It's a personal choice re telling people. No right or wrong. I've told people already as in my experience you end up telling people if something goes wrong anyway, you need the support. Plus you're not acting normal at that point. I don't believe in the secrecy around miscarriage, feel it's an outdated concept - but that's just me.

arlandria666 Fri 23-Nov-12 10:43:01

after being totally green with scan envy and still having nightmares about miscarriage i rang the scan department today to see if they had any cancellations i now have my scan next Tuesday wahoooo! only 4 sleeps instead of 10 now i am a complete mixture of nerves and excitement i think i am a mental case lol please somebody assure me i am normal :-D x x

MrsBri Fri 23-Nov-12 12:11:23

Totally normal :-) How far along will you be then?

arlandria666 Fri 23-Nov-12 13:32:53

12 + 5 my scan wasn't meant to be til 3rd December so i just rang on off chance today to see if any cancellations yipeeee x x

HistoryKitty Fri 23-Nov-12 18:02:54

I got my NT results back today, 1:43000, so relieved about that. Then in the next envelope I got a letter for an appointment to have a follow up colposcopy after my last one 6 months ago. Not sure I'm comfortable with that whilst pregnant sad Does anyone know if its safe?

suzyrut Fri 23-Nov-12 18:13:18

Hi all. Just had the dreaded call from the hospital saying my combined test has put me in a high risk of downs (1 in 70) feel like crap and shouted at dp for suggesting I should try not to worry yet I know what he meant. Hospital have been really nice and booked me in for CVS on Tuesday afternoon. Was really excited about telling people (especially kids) this weekend and just feel I've now got anther massive wait and period of uncertainty just as I was starting to relax.

Hope everyone else is ok and sorry, feel like a constant whiner, car last week etc.!!

PseudoBadger Fri 23-Nov-12 18:18:42

Oh no Suzy sad I'm glad they've been able to fit you in so soon. Try to relax and treat yourself this weekend x

olimoss Fri 23-Nov-12 18:32:00

Oh gosh good luck Suzy.....

dreamydays Fri 23-Nov-12 18:51:44

Oh no suzy sorry to hear. I had a similar call last time round and then an amnio. It was all v worrying, and it took weeks and weeks while I felt I was in limbo. Everything was fine in the end, though. As pseudo says I'm glad they've fitted you in so soon. Look after yourself x

dreamydays Fri 23-Nov-12 18:54:32

My scan was great this morning, totally delighted! DH is too, has even bought me flowers (which is a rare event in this house).

flutterby how was yours?

arlandria well done on bringing your date forward!

bbq suspect you're right about telling people. Might start doing it now!

HistoryKitty Fri 23-Nov-12 20:11:53

Sorry to hear about your result Suzy, hope everything goes well with the CVS, just remember that there's a 69/70 chance that everything's normal.

Glad your scan went well dreamydays.

flutterby123 Fri 23-Nov-12 20:43:50

Hi guys,
Suzy really sorry to hear that, hope you're feeling okay(ish) and managing to sleep/ eat etc.
My scan went really well, got pictures (which I thought were very unclear but everyone at work raved about how clear they were, haven't things moved on in the last 10, 20 years etc. etc!) and everyone is so pleased for us. It's nice to have good news to tell people.
And there's only one baby (phew). I made sure I drank plently of water before I went (1400ml to be exact) and then she started the scan and I just saw this massive coloured thing on the screen (my bladder!) and she said I'd better go and let some out. Then we could see the baby. Poor baby being crushed by massive bladder.
I will sleep so soundly tonight though, I'm just so glad everything is fine. Oh, and they took lots of blood, but that was okay.
Hope everyone else is fine and feeling okay, I was violently sick this morning. Hope this wears off soon.

redwellybluewelly Fri 23-Nov-12 22:15:24

Suzy v sorry to hear that, will hope all is well and you are not kept in limbo long.

I'm officially wondering why we did this with DD so young. She was hospitalised again at the start of the week and has been full of cold and very grumpy since, never a great sleeper she has obviously got worse and we are medicating round the clock. I am working FT, took today off as emergency leave as utterly shattered but with DD unable to go to nursery then it wasn't exactly restful! been in bed since half nine, about to sign off.

pinkapples Sat 24-Nov-12 07:26:46

Oh no redwelly I'm sure she's enjoying the cuddles though smile

Suzy chin up like someone has said there's still a chance everything is fine smile

Can I ask if all the ladies here are still having sex/orgasms and if so how many a week ish? Hubby still doesn't think it's safe (I'm 11+5)

Sunbeam18 Sat 24-Nov-12 09:24:57

There is more than a chance that everything is ok, Suzy. The risk is only 1 in 70, so 69 out of 70 times everything is fine. I am not for a moment saying that I don't understand your worry though - I totally do, and am thinking of you. All the very best of luck. I guess a few of us will go through this when the NT results come through. Sending hugs xx

DontmindifIdo Sat 24-Nov-12 09:29:42

Suzy - that must be hard to hear, it's going to be a hard choice to make, we've not discussed this time round what we'd do if we got results like that.

Redwelly - try to get as much rest as you can, can your DP take your DD out for a few hours (if she's up to it) so you can go back to bed?

I was "outed" by a friend's 2 year old DD yesterday, she poked my tummy and say "you've got a baby" - her mother looked like she was about to die of embarrassment and try to politely explain that I'm just a bit fat so I thought it was kinder to just say...

redwellybluewelly Sat 24-Nov-12 10:29:44

Dontmindifido DH is about to go away for 10 days and he also really doesn't understand just how physically tiring pg is, just keeps saying he is tired too and we need to do equal lie-ins etc.

dreamydays Sat 24-Nov-12 10:40:24

dontmind nothing like a 2 year old for being totally frank!

This thread is not accepting new messages.