Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

June 2013 thread 2 - Are your jeans feeling snug yet?

(1000 Posts)
PseudoBadger Sun 11-Nov-12 19:14:37

New thread for June 2013 smile

olimoss Wed 21-Nov-12 13:56:21

Excellent news on the scans and Dontmind exciting about potential moves overseas!

So, we had the scan this morning and the little bugger was incredibly unco-operative - they had three goes, I had to drink a litre of water and do laps around the hospital but finally got some good pictures (it was sitting down as if in an armchair, doing disco-hands) and all the NF measurements are very small, everything else normal as they could see for now. Definitely human, a relief!

Bit real! Have told my mum back home in Australia, swear I could hear her screams from here.....

I'm another oldie, I'll be 38 when this one arrived. Mind you, a lady I know from playgroup had identical twins when she was 47. She used to come along with her twins, and her 20-something daughter, and her granddaughter - who was slightly older than her uncles gringringrin

flubba Wed 21-Nov-12 16:33:37

Ooh total hi-jack but YAY to RueDe being up el duffo (Spanish you know). This thread was at the top of the page and I saw your post. smile smile (I remember you from last year's homemade Christmas thread and am not a stalker )

Right. Hi-jack over. As you were grin

ella0 Wed 21-Nov-12 17:28:31

Excellent news on the scans little and oli and any I've missed.

Hope you're feeling better soon squidge.

I've had my scan and all is well grin. They've put me a few days ahead of what I thought, so I'm now 11+5 with a due date of 7th June (I'll amend myself on the list if I can find it!).

It was such a relief to see the baby and heartbeat after not having any of the usual symptoms like sickness, exhaustion or sore boobs.

suzyrut Wed 21-Nov-12 17:33:24

congratulations olimoss that's great news!

Had my scan this afternoon and all went well! Everything fine, lots of moving and got good low risk nuchal reading, just need to wait for results of blood test but if I hear nothing by Monday then am to assume all fine.

They've moved me forward by a few days to 12+3 so will update my edd on stats thread to 2nd June. Sad as it sounds I was so pleased with extra 3 days, "every little helps" as they say!

olimoss Wed 21-Nov-12 18:05:32

Scans galore - most excellent!

Sunbeam18 Wed 21-Nov-12 18:17:38

Well done, all scan veterans!

arlandria666 Wed 21-Nov-12 18:42:09

hey all of you i have got scan envy :-( 12 weeks tomorrow (hooray!) but still have to wait til a week on Monday for my scan boo hoo :'( i am driving myself insane! worrying when i feel rubbish then worrying even more when i feel okay lol! 12 more sleeps! hurry up 3rd December!! i think i am driving my husband and sister insane with my constant worrying :-( x x x

MrsBri Wed 21-Nov-12 18:56:45

Excellent...so much exciting scan news.

I'm EXACTLY the same Arlandria. With the scan envy and the worrying. DH keeps telling me that I know my symptoms always come back, so I shouldn't worry.

Not keen on the stretching uterus sensation much either.

This evening I've decided there's no way I'll complete this pregnancy without fainting on the train at least once :-/

Felt rotten this evening and just been sick...isn't it meant to start improving when you're heading towards 10 weeks?!

BBQshapes Wed 21-Nov-12 19:42:04

Hey, can I jump on here? DC2 due 14th June apparently, but still waiting for scan...not looking forward to it. Hate scans, had missed miscarriage for first pregnancy so they terrify me.
Never been on one of these 'expecting' threads, do I add my name to a list or something?!

MrsBri Wed 21-Nov-12 19:53:54

Hi BBQ :-)

The stats thread is here:

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/antenatal_clubs/1609889-June-2013-its-busy-and-we-need-a-stats-thread

Fx for a trouble-free pregnancy for you.

PseudoBadger Wed 21-Nov-12 20:31:50

MrsBri after posting yesterday that I feel fine (and was worried about it) I feel baaaad tonight grin

Little9 Wed 21-Nov-12 20:36:14

Hi and congrats bbq. I'm the same due date as u.

So pleased for your good scans oli, suzy and ella. can't wait for my next one on 7th Dec. FX all will still be well.

Pink - I have to have a normal tea first thing in the morning then either decaf or fruit tea for the rest of the day. Might pinch the hot water and lime idea as it does sound nice.

Squidge - hope you feel better soon. I've been very lucky with not having any sickness although was a worry until had scan. Boobs are soooooo sore though and heavy!

Spider - how annoying. Hope you get your apps sorted soon.

Well, elderly mother here needs her bed! Night all!

DontmindifIdo Wed 21-Nov-12 20:38:29

Hello BBQ! Do you have your scan date? If not, call up, I did and apparently mine was booked but the letter just hadn't arrived yet. I had a miscarriage at 11 weeks in the summer so I know how it ruins the excitment you should be feeling now.

Copy and paste the stats from the last thread, put yourself on!

MrsBri Wed 21-Nov-12 21:04:43

Oh no, badger, how shit. Fx you feel better soon. :-)

Not good how it creeps up from behind and slays you, is it?!

PseudoBadger Wed 21-Nov-12 21:05:45

And you MrsBri thanks

AlohaMama Wed 21-Nov-12 22:20:41

Sorry for the sickness badger and squidge. Just when you think you're starting to feel better....I had been getting quite cheery having felt not to bad for the last few days then woke up at 3 am to run to the toilet. Happy days! Still on the whole I think things are improving.

Congrats everyone on the scans. All exciting and makes it a little bit more real doesn't it? I think my next one (18 wks) will be mid January some time, so nothing going on here for a while.

Here's to us all feeling fantastic and reaching the glowing 2nd trimester just in time for Christmas!

MrsBri Thu 22-Nov-12 07:12:05

How are you all today? I've started well, which is a bit worrying!! Hopefully it'll all continue OK (with enough symptoms to stop me worrying, contrary - elderly - lady that I am!).

My new morning wake up time is 2am, having shifted from 4am. My poor DH must be knackered putting up with me tossing and turning. :-/

Any more scans today? Finally nearing my booking in appt. Yay!

Sunbeam18 Thu 22-Nov-12 07:44:38

I slept last night - hooray! Night before I was awake until 5am...
10 weeks today for me'! Feeling much better now.

grainmum Thu 22-Nov-12 08:08:22

Hi everyone, sorry for those still feeling sick here's to fading symptoms in the next few weeks.

Scan yesterday for me, lovely to see a wriggling grain with a heartbeat. Now I can start to enjoy this pregnancy and think about the little person inside me! Due to new inefficient system in Glasgow yesterday was just to confirm single viable pregnancy, midwife appointment tomorrow then another scan for proper dating/NT next week! Good job I am self-employed and work is quiet!

Sams4lo Thu 22-Nov-12 08:23:18

I'm in th same boat due 7th June so 12 wks tomorrow but have to wait till 28th nov for scan which feels like forever lol got my second checkup tomorrow with midwife, so need low bp vibes and clear pee lol smile

Still got some sickness if I don't eat regularly and can't eat dinner after 6:30 sad but the tiredness and headaches are stupid want them to do one sad is any one else suffering headaches? X

BBQshapes Thu 22-Nov-12 08:38:02

Thanks for the stats list MrsBri. Will add myself on.

Don'tmind - yes have my scan booked for 5th Dec. Don't think I've had a letter about it yet though. Mixed feelings about it. Kind of want to get it over with now, but when I get into the room I know I'll be a complete mess and keep asking 'Is it alive?! Is there a heartbeat?'.

Little9 - same due date! I'm 10wks+6days as far as I know, are you too? Now that you bring up the boobs issue - mine aren't as sore this time around. They were excruciating the last times, so I've been a bit worried that I don't have this symptom this time. Wondering whether it's because I only stopped breastfeeding my 15 month old about 4 weeks ago - has that happened with anyone else (i.e. no sore boobs because of recent breastfeeding)??

Squidge123 Thu 22-Nov-12 09:30:57

Thanks everyone, the sickness is easing so I think the anti sickness tablets are kicking in though still got feelin like need to be sick.I have had to drink this horrible black current flavour drink to stop gettin dehydrated, the doctor phoned me yest to make sure ok and got to take some samples in today as seems I have a bug. I was worried last night if all this was harmin baby as had bad stomach pains last night but they have gone this morning. The only positive is I've now lost 5lbs in 2 days and not showing at all!

Congratulations on all the scan news, very exciting times.

BBQ,I don't have sore boobs and all though did notice this morning have nice blue veins over them!!

Hope everyone has a good day( I'm determined to at least spend day on sofa not in bed!) x

suzyrut Thu 22-Nov-12 09:55:50

Morning ladies, congrats on your scan too grainmum.

MrsBri I am on a 4 am wake up at the moment, then awake for an hour tossing and turning. Poor dp is already saying he's exhausted...I don't like to use the "just you wait line" yet!

MrsBri Thu 22-Nov-12 12:30:39

Fx you keep improving, Squidge.

And my DH hasn't dared say that to me yet...him going sleep on the sofa before me the other night spoke volumes though!

I think he knows that I'm more tired, so won't mention it. I think.

He did tell me how good a job I'm doing at carrying our baby yesterday. Bless him.

Roll on Saturday and 1/4 of the way through! Seems a very long way to halfway though. :-/

This thread is not accepting new messages.