Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

November 2012 - please form an orderly queue

(1000 Posts)
StuntNun Fri 09-Nov-12 19:54:04

Congrats debussy

Baby has had a few wriggles so I'm not going to go in to be checked over. She keeps punching my fanjo when i think i havent felt her move much hmm

waiting My MW is a bitch, she wont see me (mainly because it was her fault that I had a stillborn), so im under solid consultant care, but yes he's very sympathetic grin

ShellyBobbs Sat 10-Nov-12 15:57:27

Due date by their dates today.

Shanelle They'll only do 2 sweeps here and that's your lot, it's a gamble!

ShellyBobbs Sat 10-Nov-12 15:58:03

Congratulations Debussy [flowers]

ShellyBobbs Sat 10-Nov-12 15:58:31

thanks for you Debussy doh!

Cacacaz Sat 10-Nov-12 16:04:42

Congratulations debussy grin James was one of my names but dh vetoed it sad

I'm overdue 40+6 today and I may actually throttle the next person who texts me asking if there is any news, I have been getting at least 4 texts a day from different people today I'm already at 6 and it isn't even tea time!

Chunkychicken Sat 10-Nov-12 16:10:00

That's it, I'm giving up symptom spotting. I won't be having this baby early... I've just used an online calculator to see what it would estimate my due date as being from ovulation and it puts me 2 days later. I had already joked that because my DD was born on a Wednesday, which was the 21st of the month, and this month has a Wednesday 21st, I will obviously go over and can only have babies on a Wed 21st. The due date calculated from ovulation was 21st... hmm

TheDetective Sat 10-Nov-12 16:12:38

Glad I'm not alone in that Cacacaz! I wish I could turn my phone off - but I use it too much! And my mum would kill me grin.

I've just sat here drowning my sorrows by getting a pack of warbies finest white toastie loaf, and shovelling it in my gob. From the pack. With nothing on.

If that isn't comfort eating, god knows what is! My stomach is going crazy making noises now! Ooops blush

I've just remembered what my mum said yesterday when I picked DS up from school - I said how this weekend would be an ideal time to have the baby. I was thinking along the lines that she is off work and it is less hassle for her being off work to come and see me. But no, she was horrified and said she had things planned this weekend, such as lunch with my aunt. She was genuinely serious! I think she is hoping I have the baby on a weekday, so I have to bring it to school on the school run, so she will get to see it with no effort made. She can fuck off but I'd never say that to her!. She isn't seeing the baby unless she comes to my house. GRRRR. DP can do the school run forever more now that his car has petrol in hmm.

SwissArmyWife Sat 10-Nov-12 16:21:11

Sigh. I'm here.
Feeling rather miserable and extremely irritable, 40+1 and have been having contractions all over the place for three days now. They seem to be getting more consistent today and definitely more painful, but half of the pain I'm having is just the baby's head pushing down and the sodding spd. I just hope something happens soon because I'm tired of being in so much pain constantly and it not leading to anything. sad sorry for moaning, and I'm very sympathetic to those who are over due wine people keep calling and asking if he's here yet, and now DP keeps whinging at me as if I have any control over it! Psh, no one wants me to give birth more than I do!
So just feeling a bit sorry for myself really!

Congratulations to all the new arrivals, loving all the gorgeous pics on facebook smile

here's hoping I have my baby in the toilet too

Lilliana Sat 10-Nov-12 16:26:38

Congratulations Eliza, DH, Debussy and Barmee!

shock down the toilet?! Can I have mine like that please?

TheDetective Sat 10-Nov-12 16:34:13

Strokes Swiss's head soothingly know the feeling... DP is NOT helping matters. At all.

StuntNun Sat 10-Nov-12 16:43:33

Detective can I be in your overdue club too? I'm 40+2 and booked in for induction on the 19th. I had a sweep yesterday but only got a Bishop's score of 4 and it hasn't produced any symptoms at all apart from a vague feeling of being violated! So I don't think this baby will be arriving any time soon.

Congratulations Debussy. Another safe arrival. smile

Charlee that's shocking about your midwife. It must be so hard to deal with pregnancy after stillbirth. My SIL had one a few weeks ago and my DH can't stop worrying about it happening to me now.

SwissArmyWife Sat 10-Nov-12 16:44:57

Thank you detective -returns the favour- he's driving me crazy. He keeps sighing and saying it's irritating that nothing is happening. I just reply with "well, he's obviously lazy like his father" grin

TheDetective Sat 10-Nov-12 16:47:38

At least they found your cervix Stunt!! Mine has gone on its hollibobs! My Bishops Score is sweet FA!

Actually, it probably isn't that bad, knowing that it was found at 39 weeks and a multips os makes me feel slightly better, but then knowing nothing has happened in the 2 weeks since makes me think... shiiiit!

Being a midwife is really not helping me at this time. It is making me worse!!!

What I need is someone with long slender fingers with sharp nails. I'm currently scheming on how to get a sweep done before Thursday at T+frickin'12.

TheDetective Sat 10-Nov-12 16:50:42

Every noise I make I get 'what's wrong'.

'I'm just moving my rather hefty ass dear...' Oh, ok...

Last night he asked me to take a drink off him, as I was having one of the more ouchy tightenings. I didn't reply so he started raising his voice 'take the drink, why aren't you answering me'. Because I'm concentrating on fucking breathing dear.

I actually uttered the words 'you are banned from being at this labour if you are going to be so fucking useless' to him last night. I felt slightly bad. But I'm hoping he will go back to his usual self, which is slightly more useful than he is proving at present!

Cacacaz Sat 10-Nov-12 16:50:48

I'm exactly the same Detective my phone is my saviour during the early hours of the morning so I'm not turning it off! I'm feeling too nauseous to comfort eat, I can't even face a small slice of my chocolate birthday cake envy or my massive box of guylian chocolates angry

My sister text me, I ignored her so then she text dh asking if there was any news he replied with "yes she turned 30 yesterday and she has just had lentil soup for lunch, oh wait she has also had a bath this morning"

Swiss I hope things kick off for you soon

I've almost accepted that it will take induction to shift this baby, my mum never spontaneously went into labour an was induced with all 3 of us, however if baby wants to prove me wrong he or she is most welcome to.

YellowWellies Sat 10-Nov-12 16:57:27

Checking in from the land of the sleep deprived! Hope all is good with you ladies - I can recommend a dull wander round Tesco to get the wee one on the move.

Quick question before I go out for DHs birthday tea. Detective What happens to the cervix position Pre labour and in early labour? Does it move so its more reachable IYSWIM

TheDetective Sat 10-Nov-12 17:02:28

Bet your sister was delighted at the update Cacacaz grin

Hi YW! I was thinking about you a few days ago, as you hadn't posted foreverrrrrrr! Figured you were busy with Jonas though! Then the next day, I saw you had posted! Phew!

I can't wait til we have all had our babies! I want to be on the same thread! 2 threads is poo!

Chunkychicken Sat 10-Nov-12 17:44:19

I think I might be having pootractions. My tummy aches and it hurts right down into my bottom. Ooooh how glam is pg??!!! blush

Chunkychicken Sat 10-Nov-12 17:49:30

Oh and Detective you said on the moses basket mattress thread about a sheepskin sheet. Where did you get it? I think it might be useful if this baby is a sicky one like DD...

WaitingForMe Sat 10-Nov-12 17:52:18

I'm glad your consultant is understanding Charlee. I've seen a different midwife to my usual one twice now and find her quite dismissive (she refused to give me a repeat prescription for iron without knowing my levels at that time). I can't imagine how much more anxious you must be feeling but it was horrible having my feelings ignored over mild anaemia.

I like your husbands' approach Cacacaz grin

TheDetective Sat 10-Nov-12 17:56:48

It is a liner - this one. I bought it for the bouncer and swing, to make them more comfy, but I've put it in the basket for now, as it has made it really snug! Going to put a muslin under the head for the inevitable vom!

Fatima The cervix can be in different places for every woman. It is very common for it to be posterior until established labour, when it eventually becomes 'central'. Some women have anterior ones, and some have them deviated to the left or right! I find most cervix to be central around 4-5cm! Basically, it varies! Posterior is common in early labour though!

pikz Sat 10-Nov-12 17:58:04

Wow! Congratulations Jims, Eliza, DH, Debussy and Barmee!!!

I want a uber quick birth but in fact right now I'd go for just any kind of birth. 6 people all thought by their own 'feelings' I was going to have the baby last night/today. No such luck it appears.

Yes Stunt can be painful at times but I cant dwell on whats happened previously. In my eyes this is still my 3rd daughter. It was hard at the time - one of them where you think it will never happen to you. But I have learnt that you have to move on. It made me stronger.

Waiting when I went in with the pain I had my bloods taken and they were low so gave me iron tablets to take for 3 days hmm after I had Elizabeth (stillborn) they never took my blood again which I thought was strange being as they really should have with losing blood during the labour, and was discharged. My aunt came up from Cornwall the week after (she is a nurse and drove the whole 4 hours just to make sure I was ok) and marched me to the doctors, insisting I had a blood tests there and then as she could see I was anaemic. Turns out I was .2 away from having a transfusion.

Also hate seeing someone else to who I usually see. My consultant was on holiday at my 35 week appointment, so I saw one of his registrars. He didnt seem to know much about my previous births and kept asking the same questions over and over, then said ill book you in for a week to see your consultant and wanted to march me on my way. I had to ASK him to listen to baby and feel my stomach/check baby to see if her head was engaged etc. He just laughed at me and said 'oh she wont be at this stage, Ive been doing this for 15 years so know when I should be checking and its not until around 38 weeks' Ermm...with DD1 i was engaged at 33 weeks so you will check. Turned out she wasnt at all but still pissed me off that I had to ask. Funny that she was 3/5ths when I went at 36 weeks though 38 weeks my fucking ass

I love when I phone labour ward with a problem and they're like oh its all normall..then in next breath say is this your first baby. When I say no my 3rd. My 1st was emcs and 2nd was stillborn they cant get me through LW doors quick enough grin

Chunkychicken Sat 10-Nov-12 19:42:42

That looks lovely Detective but not sure we can stretch to £50 right now. Think I'll put it down for baby's Christmas list smile

Have just been told my DH that he's going to "man up and do me tonight". Not sure which bt to be offended by more tbh grin

This thread is not accepting new messages.