Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

November 2012 - please form an orderly queue

(1000 Posts)
StuntNun Fri 09-Nov-12 19:54:04
WaitingForMe Sat 10-Nov-12 12:59:35

Congratulations DH and wow Barmee I hope you're not too shell shocked.

Take care charlee. Is your MW sympathetic?

I was a bit unsure but think I'll request a sweep when I see my MW on Thursday (due date). It sounds less intervention like than I originally thought and I really want to avoid induction as the rules for my birth unit are pretty much those for a home birth.

TheDetective Sat 10-Nov-12 13:02:27

Grumpy is still here grin Shanelle can me and you have awards for the most stubborn babies?!! I very much doubt mine will fall in the toilet grin Congratulations Barmee! I would very much like your birth please!

Seriously, my body is taking the ultimate in piss. I managed to get to sleep, and slept for 10 frickin' hours shock maybe waking once an hour to a painful tightening. Dragged myself out of bed an hour ago and not even the backache I had yesterday or the discharge crap I was having.

Epic fail.

DS asked where are we going today. We are going to the sofa child... and the sofa only. He didn't notice the dangerous expression on my face when he uttered 'but I want to go somewhere and do something' AND YOU THINK I DON'T?!!! I just can't face the general public. I may strangle someone. Best to stay inside really! He asked me why I had nothing planned for today... WELL I WAS HOPING I MIGHT OF HAD A BABY...!!

I'm just going to slob in PJ's all day.

MM How utterly crap, although the timing I guess could have been worse, if you were earlier in the pregnancy?

kirrinIsland Sat 10-Nov-12 13:10:23

Bad news MM but if you do a postgrad you'll be back to being financially independent once you're done and hopefully in a better position - might be better in the long term?

I'm starting to think this baby will never come - and the "have you had the baby yet?" texts are starting to wear a little thin!

TheDetective Sat 10-Nov-12 13:12:57

Even my Dad text me this morning. My Dad. Who hasn't been in touch the whole pregnancy, except for the fact he was at my cousins wedding 2 weeks ago.

You know you are way overdue when my Dad bothers his ass to text!

Hello week 41...!

TheDetective Sat 10-Nov-12 13:13:58

Oh yes, and my Dad, DP, MIL and my Mum had all text me before I'd even woke this morning afternoon!!

kirrinIsland Sat 10-Nov-12 13:37:14

I've just had to put more air in my ball - is this a sign of how much weight i've put on !?

TheDetective Sat 10-Nov-12 13:39:53

No! I had to put more air in mine! They do naturally go down and I keep catching DS and DP on it. Fear not!

daisychain76 Sat 10-Nov-12 13:41:49

Hello everyone, many congrats on all the new arrivals and good luck peaky. Hope things work out for the best mm. Could you get a bursary for doing a postgrad to supplement your income?

Today should have been my due date but l am ‘celebrating‘ by having no sleep, wondering around town with two huge wet patches (forgot my breast pads!) andchanging around 12 nappies smile. Not that l would have it any other way smile.

ShellyBobbs Sat 10-Nov-12 14:02:06

Congrats DH21 and barmee hope you can get over the shock soon shock!

Charlee Hope they can re-assure you and you feel lots of lovely movement very soon

I feel like I'm all arms and legs today, everything just hurts now. I've got NO bladder, it is just made and pisses straight out!

Detective I really feel for you, with HB's it's like the pressure is on the closer to day 12 you get doesn't it? My countdown starts tomorrow, but I can't imagine how you are feeling with your history.

Shanelle Fingers crossed for you.....

Chunkychicken Sat 10-Nov-12 14:06:33

I've just told DH "I'm going to be pregnant FOREVER!!" His response - "If we've won a share in the Euromillions, then yes..." hmm Apparently, if we get rich, I'm becoming 'a baby factory' shock

I think he forgets you need to have sex to have a baby... grin

DebussyHead Sat 10-Nov-12 14:06:57

Baby James born this morning at 6.30 am after gruelling 12 hour induced labour on syntocin drip. 9lbs 8oz he's a whopper and beautiful. Midwife was amazing as was Dr that got him out by ventouse.

Gas and air is the best invention ever as are epidurals though I didn't get one till near the end.

Congrats Barmee and DH too.

Chunkychicken Sat 10-Nov-12 14:08:15

Congrats Debussy sounds like it was a true labour of love!! smile

TheDetective Sat 10-Nov-12 14:12:27

Shelly I'm just not up for a fight right now! I don't mind being pregnant still, am quite happy for baby to come whenever, but the closer I get to the 'magical over due dates' the more stressed I feel about things.

If I wasn't refusing IOL, and still insisting on a homebirth, I suspect I may not be as bothered!

I am feeling a little stir crazy though, as I don't feel I can venture out alone/with DS, with the stupid tightenings etc. Last thing I want is to be in public and have a baby fall out my fanjo grin

And DP isn't helping matters at all hmm

TheDetective Sat 10-Nov-12 14:13:07

Congratulations Debussy!

TheDetective Sat 10-Nov-12 14:31:32

I just had one of those moments, where you hope to god you text the right number!

Text to DP - we are having sex.

Thank god, when I checked, I had text DP. But I did manage to text some random shit to his mum the other night, and had visions of doing the same again grin

I don't want to have sex. But needs must now haha! I'll remember the tissue for my tears this time grin

Lane81 Sat 10-Nov-12 14:40:44

Congratulations debussy!! Sounds like hard work, but worth it all now!

TheDetective Sat 10-Nov-12 14:45:20

Can we have a hands up for the over due ladies?! How far overdue?!

DS just asked me why his lollipop is shaped like a heart. In my head, I was like HOW THE FUCK DO I KNOW? Out my mouth came 'because the lollipop factory put them in heart shape molds'. At least I hope it came out that way round hmm

Lane81 Sat 10-Nov-12 14:48:28

I'm overdue, but only 40+1, feels like longer! induction booked on 21st which I want to avoid but have a feeling that nothing will happen between now and then, am really scared of an induction!

kirrinIsland Sat 10-Nov-12 14:48:29

Congratulations debussy thanks

<hand in air> i'm overdue - 40+3

TheDetective Sat 10-Nov-12 14:53:33

<Feel less alone now> grin

Congrats to dh debussy and barmee thanks

I went to the new John Lewis with my mum today. After walking around for an hour or so I am absolutely knackered. It's really taken it out of me. I hadn't seen my mum for a week because she hasn't been well (usually I see her 3-4 times a week) and she says my bump has grown since then and I now look ready to have the baby. I feel it too. 39+1 and praying he comes in the next week. Please please please.

TheDetective Sat 10-Nov-12 15:03:20

DP just replied to my attractive offer of sex... 'why lol?'

THE BASTARD!!

TheDetective Sat 10-Nov-12 15:06:57

He said with any luck, i'll go in to labour before I have to shag him. I'm not that lucky hmm

shanelle5 Sat 10-Nov-12 15:12:18

40+10 by scan dates and those are the dates they insist on going by.
40+3 by my valentines day DTD and LMP dates but either way = fat, grumpy and most definately OVERCOOKED angry
Lovely midwife even phoned me on my mobile to enquire as to any "movement" and book in sweep no3 for Monday. Going out tonight to an event I wasnt expecting to make and have nothing to wear- its a black tie awards ceremony but frankly I dont care and am going as I am. Grumpy, MOI!!

TheDetective Sat 10-Nov-12 15:25:34

My dates give me 40+4 today... It will be interesting when baby arrives to see how overdue he looks! DS was certainly very wrinkled, and he shed all the skin off his hands and feet straight away! He was 13 days over by my dates, but 9 by scan. I think he was nearer to my dates.

Where as this time, it might be the other way around!

Oh well, we shall see! I was having shorter 26 day cycles, so thought this may affect things... obviously not grin.

This thread is not accepting new messages.