Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

November 2012 - please form an orderly queue

(1000 Posts)
StuntNun Fri 09-Nov-12 19:54:04
Iheartpasties Sat 10-Nov-12 09:45:04

shannelle 15 days overdue. oh wow. fingers crossed for you.

kirrinIsland Sat 10-Nov-12 09:46:27

Congratulations barmee she'll love that story when she's older! thanks

Congrats to everyone thats had their babies!!! They are all coming sooo quick!

Amazing! So todays the day of 10.11.12....who's coming on such a special date??

Was having lots of tightenings with pain last night, but managed to get to sleep and they have somewhat vanished. hmm

Baby is yet to move this morning (have only been up an hour though so will give her another hour) if no movements im going into hospital and asking to be induced as with previous stillborn im starting to really worry sad

MissMummy1 Sat 10-Nov-12 10:02:58

Congrats to all the newbies!! Some incredible stories there, I'm voting for a speedy labour!

Had a shitty night sleep. Most of it spent in the bathroom throwing up. I now have a sick bucket in my bedroom just in case, how classy! Also worked out last night hmrc have pissed about with dates and stuff so I now have another week of work keeping my legs crossed and ebaying from my home office. Ffs, I was all set for operation get baby out starting this monday! sad

Chunkychicken Sat 10-Nov-12 10:04:52

That must be so hard Charlee. I'm constantly worried about movements at this late stage, & I've not got any personal experience as it were. I've also gt a sleepy baby this morning, but as I have felt some movements, I'm not panicking yet and assume its just positionng...

Chunky I was worried when i first found out i was pregnant and wondered how I would get through the milestones of her due date, actual birthdate and specific dates when I found certain things out, but it hasnt been so hard and DP has been amazingly strong through these.

But now its closer to the end (my previous stillborn was at 33+5 and delivered her 34) im really battering myself about how I didnt get a baby at the end of my last pregnancy and worrying the same will happen. Although its not highly likely, just still possible.

My SPD which I had from 19 weeks and was put on crutches seems to have disappeared too. Not in any pain - only when I heave myself onto my other side in bed. Find this very strange!

StuntNun Sat 10-Nov-12 10:14:01

I'm finding it much harder to feel movements now as well. I suspect that baby has got into a longer pattern of awake and asleep cycles, perhaps more like a newborn now that I'm 40+2 so I'm getting long periods of no activity followed by some frantic jiggling about, position changing and pushing out his bum.

Iheartpasties Sat 10-Nov-12 10:18:15

Charlee (((hugs))). Fingers crossed for you.

Peaky1 Sat 10-Nov-12 10:22:19

This better bloody well be my thread for birthing because I'm still bouncing on a gym ball next to the hospital bed and wearing down a trench with my pacing of the ward corridor!

Not been seen yet today. Couple of Cx but nothing to shout about really. Thought my waters were trickling this morning but I think it was tail end of plug. Quite watery but had nothing since. More loose bowels this morning too (dontcha just love my updates grin ). Otherwise, nada. C'maaaan!

kissyfur Sat 10-Nov-12 10:28:46

Hugs to you charlee

And congrats on becoming an auntie pass!

Lane81 Sat 10-Nov-12 10:45:35

Congratulations barmee amazing story!!

Me too detective it HAS to be this thread!

Passmethecrisps Sat 10-Nov-12 10:50:19

I can't imagine that at all charlee. I am glad you feel it hasn't been as difficult as expected. I bought a massive amount of chocolate the other day as I was concerned by the long periods of inactivity. Baby loves chocolate! I know that sounds flippant and I suppose it is but even without any history of previous pregnancy at all I can't stop myself from worrying.
Fingers crossed you get plenty of wiggles today.

peaky how long have you been at it now? It sounds pretty tiresome to me! I am soooo hoping that when I get in tomorrow it all goes quickly!

Wow! Congratulations Jims, Eliza, DH and Barmee!! <adds to spreadsheet>

I pop out for the evening, come back and there loads of babies grin
No such luck for me though, pains I had last night have disappeared.

It's DHs birthday today, not got much planned really. He'll be back from work about one and we're going out for Mezze with my Sister and BIL for tea. I better write his card before he comes home

ComradeJing Sat 10-Nov-12 11:13:57

Hello everyone and congratulations to those who gave birth at the end of the last thread. Positive vibes and un-mn hugs to everyone who is anxious too.

Nothing to report here. Sleeping terribly - just can't fall into a deep sleep- keep thinking thinks are ramping up but nothing is happening. Just more painless bh and that's it. Back is sore but not sure if that's a sign or just because I'm 39w pg.

Massively stressed this weekend as we STILL don't have finance approved on our new house and only 10 days until settlement. It's looking frighteningly touch and go if we'll get it. If we don't then we stand to lose our deposit. Fucking dont need this in my life right now.

Fingers crossed for lots of healthy babies soon for everyone.

Night all.

Peaky1 Sat 10-Nov-12 11:25:21

I was induced late Thursday night pass but they took out the tampon thingie early next morning as I was surging every 6 mins and vomming a bit. Maintained it for a bit on my own for half a day and then it fizzled out to the once hourly or do surge now. Lots of people on here have been and gone off to delivery suite quite quickly with induction so don't worry too much. It's just frustrating more than anything!

Peaky1 Sat 10-Nov-12 11:26:45

*once hourly or so

Passmethecrisps Sat 10-Nov-12 11:37:37

Thanks peaky. My sister was taken for induction on Thursday and has hers last night after a long slog. She was having contractions every minute but no dilation. Eventually they could pop her waters. She had an epidural and was so chilled she was texting while actually giving birth.

I am starting to get pretty nervous. I keep having vommy feelings in my throat. Sometimes I think it is indigestion, others that I am just a bit sick and the rest I think it is anxiety.

I was trying to visualise a lovely, relaxed water birth last night. Worked pretty well actually.

Passmethecrisps Sat 10-Nov-12 11:41:20

comrade massive sympathies on the finance worries. We have been in a similar situation minus the pregnant mind you. It was awful and even though it all worked out for us it is still the sort of thing that can stop me sleeping in a 'what if' sort of a way. I don't know why we do it to ourselves. DH talks a lot about our next house - where it will be, will it be a self-build (he is desperate to do a self-build) - and personally I would quite happily live in a very large and well appointed caravan if it meant I could avoid the stress and anxiety of a house move again.

Iheartpasties Sat 10-Nov-12 11:52:46

Where's swissarmywife? how's it going? I nearly sent out a search part for Fatima too, but I see you've checked in!!! smile

MissMummy1 Sat 10-Nov-12 12:08:17

Fuck. My biggest freelance client has just gone bust. I'm only losing a week's work from them just now but unless I can find a good replacement it will be pointless me going back to working for myself next year. Fuckety fuck fuck. And I still feel sick sad.

MissMummy1 Sat 10-Nov-12 12:12:14

That's my two biggest clients this year. Fucking economy. My whole business pretty much depended on the work I did for them. Tutoring supplemented losing the first one over summer but there's no way losing this one will be financially viable for me to continue. Arghhh! Sorry for the self indulgent moan...

Aww thanks pasties smile Unfortunately i'm still here.

MM That's crap sad Moan away. How long would it take to find replacements? Would it be do-able by the time you're wanting to go back? Although then you'll have to spend some of your mat leave doing work thing.

I'm bloody roasting, woke up and the heating was on so i've turned it off and i'm still having hot flushes.

Just rang my sister, my BIL answered and he likes to wind people up. He shouted up to my sister telling her i was having the baby grin And then asked if I was going to have it in the restaurant tonight. Not sure what world he lives in

MissMummy1 Sat 10-Nov-12 12:26:04

Could take a week, could be a year. I still haven't found replacements for the one I lost in August. I'd been debating whether or not to continue when I finish maternity leave as I'm desperate to do a postgrad. So I guess my decisions sort of been made for me, I just hate the fact that I'm going to end up being financially dependent on dh. It's always been the other way round hmm. Thank god he has permanent work now as up until this year his marine work has been seasonal and he's never had work over winter. Small blessings and all...

I'm meant to be going out for lunch and baby shopping with my mum in half an hour. Feel sicker than ever and not in the mood for leaving my house at all. Dh sleeping after being on nights so I'm tiptoeing around. I'm in such a self-pitying grump!

Morning ladies wow congrats DH, Jims, Eliza & Barmee Barmee bless what a tale to tell when she's older!!!!

Had a sweep at 9 this am and was 2cm, mid position, still a bit thick and -2 but midwife could feel membranes and the head so she gave me a good sweep.

Went home and jumped dh's bones bless him and after lying still for 20 mins I've started having tightenings - not painful but seem to be every 3 mins ish lasting 20-30 seconds so fingers x'd they continue and don't fade out. Don't know whether to sit still or move around?

I'm sooooo hoping this is the start of things as the ward was lovely and quiet and with really lovely nice staff on duty so perfect conditions!!!

Good luck everyone who is niggling xxx

georgee Sat 10-Nov-12 12:56:27

Congratulations DH, Barmee and Eliza! Fantastic news! I'm finding all these very fast births quite scary as a second timer! We're about 45 mins away from the hospital so I'm going to have to keep a close eye on contractions ...

Sorry about your client MM. Such a tricky time because life will change so much and you'll probably just need to see how you feel once you're in a position to go back to work. It might be that this is telling you to do the postgrad. I was employed fulltime before DD was born - by the time I felt readly to go back to work I'd been made redundant. But actually I kept finding work came to me rather than the other way round, you've no idea what might emerge in the next few months. Just make sure you keep your ear to the ground.

Another one feeling a bit sorry for myself today. Really achey and weak after a night's D&V. At least that's stopped but I just feel that I'll need quite a long time to get my strength up again for childbirth! Luckily I will probably have that time, as long as the baby doesn't arrive early. I was such a wuss last night and I kept thinking 'How will I cope if I can't cope with a bug?' Anyway, you do what you have to I suppose! Cross fingers!

Have lovely weekends all! x

This thread is not accepting new messages.