Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

November 2012 - please form an orderly queue

(1000 Posts)
StuntNun Fri 09-Nov-12 19:54:04
Iheartpasties Tue 13-Nov-12 23:58:26

I suppose I should go and find the post natal thread!

good luck everyone!

MM I've got the Tommee Tippee manual, started using it about a week ago.

Looks like i'm in for a night of tv on the sofa. Why do I always get pains at night time but hardly anything during the day angry

x-post pasties Congratulations, not another leaving for the post-natal thread <wails with jealousy> smile

MissMummy1 Wed 14-Nov-12 00:09:07

Used the manual tt. Got feck all. Wasn't brave enough to try the electric medela one. Really need to sleep as I have the car tonight so need to pick DH up at the crack of dawn. I feel sick though sad

Iheartpasties Wed 14-Nov-12 00:12:13

I shall hang around here too, i gotta keep up with all you guys too. Just to sound hormonal for a moment - I'm so grateful to have had this thread to keep me going over the last 9-ish months! and sharing it all along the way has been quite special. xx

TheDetective Wed 14-Nov-12 00:21:56

I've got the manual TT too, I don't think much of it. Yet. Have a google for hand expression, and give that a go!

TheDetective Wed 14-Nov-12 00:22:45

I'm currently reading about 10 month mamas, because I am one... twice over!

I've kept these children in here for 10 months a piece now!

Iheartpasties Wed 14-Nov-12 00:24:05

10 month mamas, online? sounds interesting smile

Iheartpasties Wed 14-Nov-12 01:16:46

I just had a google and a read, I had read it before actually! must have been researching last time around! I absolutley love the midwifethinking blog for info.

Lane81 Wed 14-Nov-12 03:44:28

If I give birth tomorrow pasties it would be the same for me about giving birth the same day as my mum, which I find really weird for some reason!

ComradeJing Wed 14-Nov-12 05:31:20

3 days until due date now. Don't feel any closer and, frankly, I don't actually want to give birth until we have confirmation of a mortgage. Hopefully that will be any day now.

Hope everyone is keeping their spirits up.

StuntNun Wed 14-Nov-12 06:54:22

I'm starting to worry about the lateness of this baby. After saying I wasn't that bothered it's starting to get to me now at 40+6. I'm booked in for induction on Monday at 10 p.m. but that could take days, especially if they're busy with more urgent cases. Problem is DH is going to Japan for a week on business next Sunday (25th) so I could end up having this baby a couple of days before he has to go. sad
Seeing as my last two were so punctual I wasn't really expecting this, I thought we'd have a couple of weeks before he had to be away. Now I'm wondering whether acupuncture would be worth a try since I've done everything else short of castor oil envy <- that's a vom face.

Iheartpasties Wed 14-Nov-12 08:10:36

stunt ((hugs)) its so hard not knowing wen they will come!

ShellyBobbs Wed 14-Nov-12 08:18:17

Wow detective you must be desperate to DTD :-) Stunt Hope things start to happen soon. Pasties Nice to hear from you, I can't drag myself from here either :-)

pikz Wed 14-Nov-12 08:23:46

stunt I get it its so hard. I am due on 20th and DP leaves on 26th for world champs and I feel completely helpless. Damn it taking so long and operations to conceive and then it happening at exactly the wrong time.

StuntNun Wed 14-Nov-12 08:27:51

It'll be really hard for him to leave as well Pikz as when he was in Japan last November I had a miscarriage so he'll be remembering that disaster when he's away, plus missing out on some of the early days when the baby is changing so fast. It's not like he'll even be able to catch up in his sleep what with the time difference. His work really are mean to make him go so far when he has a newborn.

ToManyDicksOnTheDancefloor Wed 14-Nov-12 08:34:23

Morning all! I really feel for you overdue ladies, I can remember the frustration I felt last time. Hope you babies comes today stunt and detective, and anyone else still waiting. DH has taken the day off work today and is taking me out for lunch so that will be nice, going to try and finish my Xmas shopping before 'the oncoming storm' as we're calling it!

pikz Wed 14-Nov-12 08:37:05

Oh stunt massive hugs. Am crossing everything your little one turns up very shortly. Then at least DH can have a good bit of cuddles before he goes.

TheDetective Wed 14-Nov-12 09:41:40

Morning smile

Stunt Totally get how you are feeling. DS was very late too, so I'm holding on to my sanity just knowing that I am not past that stage yet. Ask me again on Friday, and I think I'll be going insane. I have no words of wisdom! I'm seriously wondering if there is a baby in there!

I'm having onion bhajis and naan bread for breakfast... why not!

StuntNun Wed 14-Nov-12 10:04:33

That's an awesome breakfast Detective. I have completely lost my appetite the last few days but I've been trying to keep eating. I was wondering whether to phone the MW to ask for another sweep but to be honest I'm not convinced it will make much difference. I think the problem is that baby is moving around too much, his head is nowhere near my cervix so there's nothing to stimulate labour. He was lying oblique a couple of days ago, when I woke up this morning he was LOA, now he's back to his usual ROA position. Honestly there must be loads of room in there.

I read a Cochrane review on acupuncture for labour induction but the results weren't very impressive so I think I'll give the needles a miss (phew!) I was thinking about trying the breastpump but I haven't produced any milk at all so I'm a little worried that I would just do myself an injury! One thing's for sure, I'm not eating any more pineapple! I had two sessions on the cross-trainer yesterday, trying to get baby's head to engage but I think he's just too comfy in there. Maybe I should try putting an ice pack on my belly, that might get him moving!

I think the worst thing is knowing that everything could kick off at literally any second. I have parent-teacher meetings today and I thought, what if my waters broke in the school?! How embarrassing would that be? Right, back to reading Juju Sundin's Birth Skills...

TheDetective Wed 14-Nov-12 10:13:42

I feel the same... life is in limbo. Can't go far, or do things I would usually 'just in case'. I mean at 11 days over... it really is a case of 'any day now'! The sweep yesterday has done feck all for me... I've decided she wasn't rough enough grin. I will be demanding a vigorous one tomorrow when I go for monitoring!!! If it didn't hurt, it ain't gonna work wishful thinking.

I'm being very patient, but it is occupying my entire waking time! I'm just staring at myself and thinking 'are you ever coming out of there'?! Added to the worry of being a vbac, and wanting a homebirth... it isn't doing much for my stress levels. In fact, I think I might see if I can arrange a massage for this evening, just purely to de-stress. DP gives shit ones. grin

The more I try and relax and forget, the harder I find it... Go figure hmm.

I am still optimistic about seeing Twilight though....!

And for what it is worth, the head was very low at my sweep yesterday, but last night it had bugger back up in to the gods... it just swivels around at free will.

TheDetective Wed 14-Nov-12 10:15:49

When I called DS to the bedroom to get ready this morning he wandered in with a pile of tissue, moaning that he kept sneezing when he tried to eat.

Yes... and?
Um, I can't eat...
So?

Who'd of thought it was parents evening today bahahaha! Nice try kid... hmm. They do think we are stupid don't they?!

Dixiebell Wed 14-Nov-12 10:21:07

Don't know about postnatal sweats, but I'm definitely experiencing antenatal ones! Every time I woke last night I was drenched. But too cold without covers on. I swear I'd never be able to tell if my waters had gone.

Dixiebell Wed 14-Nov-12 10:22:44

Right gonna attempt Sainsbury's without locking myself out/forgetting purse/smashing something or any other disaster. famous last words..

TheDetective Wed 14-Nov-12 10:33:43

I did have to get up last night to check if it was sweat or liquor and done so on more than one occasion. I've sweated my way through this whole pregnancy hmm.

Good luck in Sainsburys! I'm going nowhere today. Except to parents evening. Well, its afternoon really! Exciting day ahead...!!

This thread is not accepting new messages.