Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

March 2013 VIII: feeling kicks, comparing knits and halfway there

(982 Posts)
theTramp Sat 03-Nov-12 23:24:19
Sheldonella Fri 30-Nov-12 08:22:53
sarahs999 Fri 30-Nov-12 07:32:05

Argh. Can't get out of bed. Too cold and I'm too comfy...

Ok now we def need a new thread. Can someone nice do it as I'm on phone? shock

FloweryBoots Thu 29-Nov-12 21:18:18

Manda sorry you're feeling roey wiht teh various issue, adn now constipation too. Hoe the increased meds sort out some of it and you can get things moving again soon!

Zoey, Oh dear! I think bed rest in hospital would drive most people nuts and can see where you're coming from that it feels like accepting that things aren't going to go as you hope. Do you think you'd get a compromise by stopping work but staying at home instead of hospital? Fingers crossed LO hangs on in there and consultant is compromising (but still stern looks tellin you to rest up!).

Lexi Did you go home early? Hope you're taking it easy this evening.

Rainbow glad you're feeling posative, must be hard at times but sounds like all is at least going well so far.

Shell Hmm, sure if it were something that was an issue the MW would have mentioned it, but then it does seem like some are not as on the ball as they might be.

Well, I have the glorious GTT tomorrow so have had enormus chinese thisevening to try and fill me up! Hope they have the anti emetics ready adn waiting for me when I arrive as I've had a bad day with feeling sick almost all day again today after a few days of feeling loads better.

Growth scan not for another couple of weeks but Bump seems to have got definately and noticably bigger in this last week so hoping the little wriggly one is catching up a bit. Down side would be the bump is stariting to get in the way more - I got it utterly soggy whilst washing up last night and bup (in DHs jumper) is now covered in my tea blush.

Hoping all goed smoothly tomorrow as we complete on our house purchase, exciting stuff. Right, must go adn pick a washing machine. Online apliance store recomendations anyone?!

theTramp Thu 29-Nov-12 21:11:24

Let's opt for paranoid ;)

LexiandBeanette Thu 29-Nov-12 21:11:08

Tramp Gallery opening sounds awesome! Agree that you need to diarise rest; having to do similar, most unlike me but needed for sanity and health I think!
Ood and Sheldon hope all is OK and any further tests aren't too invasive.
Came home an hour early in the end and after my drive just lay there feeling sorry for myself, too tired to do anything! Just finished supper and off to bed soon. Veering between stressed out at the amount to do at work and counting the days; I am going to miss work though, I do like my job!

Oodthunkit Thu 29-Nov-12 20:32:45

I do get dizzy but could also be BP related ( had in pregnancy before)

Am thirsty but could be due to being hot/central heating/cold-sore throat etc.

So could be diabetic or paranoid!

theTramp Thu 29-Nov-12 20:25:48

Ood - GD symptoms include tiredness, dizziness, being excessively thirsty... if you've only got one of the three I think iron is most likely.

JoJoBella84 Thu 29-Nov-12 19:43:45

manda I was prescribed lactulose in hospital after 4 days of no go! It's just a softener rather than a laxative but will keep things moving once things clear out. I've not used it since but still have it as I'm sure the third trimester will bring a whole range of little difficulties, so it may come in handy!!

Oodthunkit Thu 29-Nov-12 19:19:49

tramp it probably is iron, at hospital on Monday so it's on my list. Am paranoid about GD though and scared theyll test me and I'll get tonnes of chocolate for Xmas blush

theTramp Thu 29-Nov-12 19:06:42

Oh yes, 25% off Is Oliver coats which makes the gorgeous duffle coat £240 rather than £320. If anyone is still coat hunting.

theTramp Thu 29-Nov-12 19:05:45

Guy should read gut. Oops.

theTramp Thu 29-Nov-12 19:04:51

Glucose will mean a GDT I think. But if it was worrying they'd have said.

Manda - liquorice! Don't eat too
Much, but say half a bag of panda liquorice or ausie liquorice (not the liquorice wheels or overly sugary or salty stuff) and things will shift in a few hours. Try ensuring you're having something constipation friendly daily - prune juice, apricots, dates, and those guy friendly yogurts all count. I've only had constipation twice - once as a kid when I was bed bound for 3 weeks and once as an adult. I'm v keen never to experience this again so I can only empathise. Glad to hear rash is improving.

Zoey - see what happens when you don't take responsibility for your own r&r (tuts, looks stern). Seriously my dear if she's writing this in big red pen that's not good. Take it easy. The world won't collapse just because you rest up for a while. That world includes your office and your home AND you. Ok it'll be a bit difficult and not as great as when you're there but it'll cope and so will you. I hope you went home early, are now legs up and resting and have enjoyed the left over Chinese and/or the dinner someone else has cooked for you. Seriously - be kinder to yourself, you really sound like you need it.

Rainbow - pleased to hear you're feeling more upbeat and so far all is well. Nice to see a bit of worry, even if only a little bit, lift away.

Ood - gosh, two nights sleep and still shattered. Have you had your iron levels checked recently? Silly as it sounds if there low, even if not chronically so, it can make a massive difference to energy levels and it's everso easily sorted if that's what it is. If you haven't pop to GP and ask them to check.

Sounds like everyone is having full weeks. Car sale sounds positive Lexi, even if a Focus isn't as exciting. Great news on mini return for pining other halfs as well.

I'm just on way home today. Healthier fast food tonight though. Quorn stir fry in satay esque sauce (peanut butter, hot water, soya sauce) with noodles. Yum. Lunch was a far from healthy roasted mushroom in baguette with cheese & chips mind. Oops.

Stupidly busy week is being accompanied by a stupidly busy weekend and looking at diary it's now non stop til January. I'm going to diarise a couple of rest days or I'll just collapse I think. Still, all interesting stuff. This weekend we open our gallery and artists from our street are exhibiting within it and opening their studios. So if you're in London pop along and say hi. Forest hill, 12-4pm. smile

Yes I think you can get things to help over the counter, manda, but do keep going with the lactulose as it'll keep things moving once you've passed this lot! wink (oh and another tip - use it post birth, believe me!!!)

Thanks for the good luck vibes, Ood, Sheldon and manda smile

Oodthunkit Thu 29-Nov-12 19:00:47

zoey how much can you slow down and not go mad?

Good luck with the interview possum

Sheldonella Thu 29-Nov-12 18:32:56

manda not taken anything yet although I meant to ask the midwife today and forgot. Plain yoghurt on muesli for breakfast followed by a coffee was working for me until recently but not now. Prune juice is meant to work so I might try that. I didn't know you could just buy lactulose - will be looking for some of that tomorrow.

possom the midwife didn't say anything about it but everyone here gets a routine test at 28 weeks so I guess I'll see the outcome from that. I was more panicked when I thought it was protein, I've calmed down a bit now after adding some other threads about glucose. Massive good news on the interview, fingers firmly crossed for you smile

mandasand Thu 29-Nov-12 18:29:06

yippee re interview possom! fingers crossed for the other one, too. be nice to have two offers on the table, eh? even if you know which one you want the most!

oh bugger re lactulose. from what I've read on google I think I'm all bunged up already. no movement for days. and it's all there, it just won't - you know - make an appearance. (SORRY TMI!!!) Do you know if you can get laxatives over the counter at chemist? If so I may send DH out as seriously uncomfy.

manda Lactulose worked for me during my last pregnancy - it's only a softener though rather than a laxative, so doesn't really work for un-bunging when you're bunged up already, if that makes sense? It's more of a preventative. Hope things get moving for you soon...

Rainbow great news about the growth scan. It's great that you're so positive smile

Lexi hope you have a better start to the day tomorrow!

Sheldon hope things are ok - have they said if they'll need to give any treatment/do further tests? Is glucose in your urine a sign of gestational diabetes maybe?

As for me, I got a letter today inviting me to interview at my former school which is exciting. smile So one of my applications has gone well. I'm still waiting to hear about the HoD job... Had a manic day at work, but I actually really enjoyed it for a change. I've been sleeping so much better and what a difference it makes to your day! I can't believe I'm 26 weeks tomorrow. What's that about?!

mandasand Thu 29-Nov-12 18:05:13

Another me-me-me post, I'm afraid ... I've never been constipated before so seeking advice on Lactulose oral solution which DH came home with. I took 3 x 5mls, as pharmacist advised DH, over two hours ago and nothing is happening. I am quite uncomfy, feeling like I need a poo all the time but I sit and I sit and nothing happens. (Trying v. hard not to force things as do not want piles!)

Has Lactulose worked for anyone else? Do I just need to keep taking it till the earth moves?!

So, Sheldon, I feel your pain in this department smile Are you taking anything?

Poor Lexi with your tumble sad Hope you're feeling alright smile

Rainbow fab news on the scan! Glad you're feeling positive.

Zoey tsh re your naughty thoughts re tippex! I may have missed a bunch of news on here but how is it going working from home a bit, or is it difficult to tear yourself away as much as your body needs? Pretty please take it easy, my love! Easier said than done, I know.

Actually got my brain into gear a bit today. DH had half day as is off to a thing at a local and exciting company he want to work for. Believe it or not, I have never seen him in his interview / funeral suit and - my goodness - how smart! If only I was feeling remotely able-bodied I'd be preparing to ravish him on his return this evening. As it is I will continue trying to write an abstract with idle googlings on constipation. Glam.

Sheldonella Thu 29-Nov-12 17:34:12

Thanks rainbow. I have had this problem with blood pressure in the past but do far this pregnancy it has been low. I misread my notes - glucose in urine, and not protein. I hope this is less worrying. Glad your measurements are all looking good and you are feeling positive.

Rainbowbabyhope Thu 29-Nov-12 17:18:17

Zoey sorry to hear of continued problems - sounds like easing up and resting may be what you need. Time to take care of yourself!

Sheldonella creeping blood pressure and proteinuria is stressful but great to hear baby is measuring well. Assume you will be closely monitored now which is always reassuring I think. My blood pressure always sky rockets when measured in hospital but at home its always low so maybe worth getting a monitor to measure your blood pressure when you are relaxing? You can always get dipsticks for protein from amazon - I test every other day just to be sure. I didn't actually have pre-eclampsia last time as it turns out but still paranoid about these things and monitoring it myself makes me feel a little more in control and confident about catching issues early.

I'm feeling really positive today - we have a growth scan again today and baby is measuring 750grams which is fantastic and still bigger than her dates. She should be a whole kilo by the time of our next growth scan in two weeks which will be fantastic! Everything is looking normal which makes me very grateful and very hopeful that I actually may get to hold this LO alive and well. I'm very lucky in that I find pregnancy very easy and my body handles it well but mentally it has been exhausting waiting for things to go wrong again so its nice to finally feel like there is some hope at the end of all this!

I have had a water birth ..... Fab experience.... And ds3 loves the water. Can't get him out of the bath!!!

Sheldonella Thu 29-Nov-12 15:46:39

Grr, blood pressure higher and protein in wee sad Baby measuring fine though and heard heartbeat again. Not sure what to think.
Lexi I agree with the others, go home (if you haven't already).
zoey Sorry to hear the physio can't help and they think you should be in hospital. Also about your food, I would sulk toosmile

zoeymlucas Thu 29-Nov-12 15:32:27

Go home Lexi I am going home in a min as am just exhausted and on the edge of crying as for some reason I seem to be in more pain today then ever!!

Dont have to go to physio again as she said unfortunatly there is nothing that can be done for me now the hypermobility is making it too hard and she has written in my notes in big red pen for my consultant next week I should be in hospital in 100% bed rest, dont think I have enough tip ex to hide it hmm

Glad your starting to feel better Amanda my body is struggling with one baby so your poor body must be finding t really hard send virtual hugs x

Good luck at midwife Sheld and FX your blood pressure is behaving its self for you!

In BIG important news - I left my lunch of leftover chinese at home today so have been on a mega sulk all day, lol!!!

ThreeForTea Thu 29-Nov-12 14:52:47

lexi coming from someone who had to be signed off for eight weeks at the start of this pregnancy I'd say go for it! smile

LexiandBeanette Thu 29-Nov-12 14:22:03

Sheldon hope MW went well - I know everyone who has a Focus has said they are very reliable and practical, good to hear!
Stormy euch to birth pool story! Have seen a few on One Born every minute and it really hasn't looked like that :-/

Feeling really exhausted and achey today. Wondering if it would be really feeble to go home early, just for preggo knackeredness!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now