Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

March 2013 VIII: feeling kicks, comparing knits and halfway there

(982 Posts)
theTramp Sat 03-Nov-12 23:24:19
Funnylittleturkishdelight Sun 04-Nov-12 13:42:14

Sundae I agree with tramp- google is dangerous! What kind of things help you to relax? You need to de-stress as much as you can and try and focus on positive thoughts. Anything to make yourself feel better!

myjob- what are you knitting now? I would love to know how to knit- my nanny showed me as a child, but I have no chance of remembering now!

myjobismum Sun 04-Nov-12 13:44:56

Turkish - as we speak a pair of longies <wooly trousers for using over cloth nappies> for a friends little girl - spend all my knitting time making things for others lol, haven't made a single thing for Little Button yet lol - at this rate it is going to be one poor little chilly baby hmm lol!

Hello all, am miles behind, just marking place.

Place marking....
Whoever is moving packers are brill - we moved 3 weeks ago and dh was in Switzerland so packers were a necessity! It even enabled me to FI the majority of the unpacking at the same time.
Last night had real nightmares about my test results and really hope I hear early tomorrow else I will be a wreck. Back to work tomorrow after lots of rest. I had 2 1/2 days bed rest and still slept 10 hours st night plus 2 hours in the day and still feel exhausted. Guess it is the worry.
Work was trying to get me to go to Amsterdam next week and I just said I couldn't as I won't have full test results back plus I just don't want the stress.
Anyhow sorry about me me me....
Loving hearing about all the purchases. Have decided will def splash out on this one even though he is ds4 if everything is ok just to celebrate.

LexiandBeanette Sun 04-Nov-12 15:05:33

Hi everyone, just marking place! Going through our baby list and trying to set a budget - bit scary. Getting there though!

LexiandBeanette Sun 04-Nov-12 15:09:05

And massive hugs and brew to Turkish and sundae - this pregnancy thing isn't easy, be kind to yourselves and don't worry about worrying or feeling bad.

LexiandBeanette Sun 04-Nov-12 16:39:45

OK ladies, advice needed - am I being precious about this?
I've just done the big 'baby list' and budget as we have money put aside for little one, and can't afford to go over this due to DH's work.
I've tried to be practical, going for second hand or basic items where possible but allowing for some new things as well and allowing us to have some individual touches.
DH suggested I get a second hand electric breast pump off eBay to save money - but the thought of it utterly squicks me out! I'm quite anxious about bf to start with and this feels like something I really want to have new out of box. Am I just being really silly?

JoJoBella84 Sun 04-Nov-12 16:39:50

Wow what a confusing and stressful day!

I'm trying to find someone to take over my student lease from dec/jan so advertised my room on line and within 24 hours have had a response from someone. Problem is he needs the room now.
I'm very tempted to say no as I have no where to move to immediately but he seems so keen and if I can definitely get this room signed over to someone else I definitely don't have to worry about affording the rent when I move out in January! It's less likely someone will be looking for student digs then!
My flat mate is a life saver though, after a couple of stressed out calls to my DM who lives 30 miles away but is happy for me to move in with her, my flat mate announced that she's leaving for Sweden tonight for a whole month, if this guy wants my room I can just move into the room next door for a few weeks - avoiding the mentalness that is packing up and moving out in a short amount of time. It also means I don't have to travel 30 miles to Uni everyday which was my other worry!! Phew - the girl done good!!

In other news I've been busy on eBay. I've ordered my first newborn clothes for the little man and also a really pretty Asos maternity dress, all for under £10 and not an owl in sight smile I've also ordered the stunning polka dot Asos dress as modelled so beautifully by Manda on fbook!! Though I paid full price on the website for that and a pair of maternity tights as its s little chilly to be out without now!!

The rest of the day shall be spent relaxing with my crossstitch and hoping this potential tenant gets back in touch and was serious about wanting my room!

Eeeeh the joys. Have happy evenings ladies, feet up, cuppa tea and bikkies to those feeling a bit rotton xxx

LexiandBeanette Sun 04-Nov-12 16:40:35

X-posted with Stealth - keeping everything crossed for results.

Oodthunkit Sun 04-Nov-12 16:47:47

lexi I feel the same about breast pumps. Feels a bit too personal to be second hand. You aren't likely to need it immediately though. You could choose which you like now and save it until you are ready to express, if you need to express in hospital you need a hospital grade pump anyway but that's only likely if baby can't feed. If you are anxious about feeding see about going to abf group prior to birth to get clued up.

GummiberryJuice Sun 04-Nov-12 17:27:12

Before I would have said ick, but then I realised that my trusty hand pump just wasn't working with dd2 and my friend lent me her medula, I washed it throughly and sterilised
Also sil bought an electric one literally used it once and gave up, they are expensive little things.
Although Amazon have a lot of stuff a third or half the price of the shops

GummiberryJuice Sun 04-Nov-12 17:28:08

Before I would have said ick, but then I realised that my trusty hand pump just wasn't working with dd2 and my friend lent me her medula, I washed it throughly and sterilised
Also sil bought an electric one literally used it once and gave up, they are expensive little things.
Although Amazon have a lot of stuff a third or half the price of the shops

Oodthunkit Sun 04-Nov-12 17:29:20

gummi think it somehow feels better from someone you know though?

GummiberryJuice Sun 04-Nov-12 17:29:49

Ood I think I managed to report your last post and post twice, I think I should stop blaming phone and maybe have a look at the size of my fingers blush

GummiberryJuice Sun 04-Nov-12 17:33:01

Ood I had such gash on my nipple I think I would have done anything, I am so hoping I get longer out feeding this little one

pinkpeony4 Sun 04-Nov-12 17:41:37

Hello everyone, I hope everyone has had a good weekend. Nice to see you back on here Turkish and good luck with all your appointments. It must be very reassuring to have a plan for now and after the birth. What did you wear to the wedding? I'm sure you looked fab smile

Lexi You could always get a hand pump to start with, they are pretty cheap and if it works out save up for an electric one? You can always get deals in Boots with advantage points during their baby sales. Maybe somewhere like Asda or Argos would have them in the sale too? I have an electronic Avent one which has always been fab. Not sure I would like a second hand one either unless I knew who had used it before.

JoJo I would probably let him have the room and move into the room next door. It's not for long and it's one less stress to worry about.

Sundae how you are feeling is totally understandable and I have felt the same before each of my 20 week scans. Having done the scans yourself must make things worse but remember that bad scans are definitely in the minority. Is yours in the morning on Tuesday? Good luck and not long to wait now thanks

Stealth I hope you get your results early tomorrow. I have my fingers tightly crossed for a positive outcome thanks

JoJo Well done on your ebay bargains. I won 3 Petit Bateau girl babygrows on ebay yesterday so very excited to get those. I love ebay!!

Chefette Your soup sounds delicious!

Hamnvik how did the baby shopping go?

Gummi Glad you had fun last night. John Bishop is very funny!

Tea Good luck for your scan on Friday too

Flowery I hope your move goes well.

Hope everyone else is Ok. We went to Westfield today. Big boys went to see Madagascar 3 & ds3 and I went shopping. Zara have beautiful baby girl clothes but managed not to buy anything! Mamas & Papas currently has 30% off maternity & 20% off baby clothes if anyone needs anything.

Oodthunkit Sun 04-Nov-12 17:49:42

pink I want to see Madagascar. Dd3 just a bit little for cinema and ours has stopped baby screenings now cos we were the only ones going

gummi I'm always pressing report by accident!

sundaesundae Sun 04-Nov-12 18:10:33

Stealth, I am so sorry. I hope the results tomorrow are positive and that you can quickly move on to enjoying the rest of your pregnancy. I am so sorry for being such an insensitive selfish cow.

Pink, scan is 9.30am Tuesday, so at least I can wake up get ready and go. I have 5hrs of commuting and another stressful day tomorrow, so hopefully that will go quickly.

Having weird pains low down on the right, I wish I knew why.

Lexi I got my medela swing off eBay. I figured that at over £100 for a new one, I could save a few £s getting it second hand. If I were you, I would maybe hang fire on getting one until later on anyway, as feeding doesn't always turn out how you expect. My friend breast feeds very successfully, but really struggled to get more than a tiny amount expressing, so I'd maybe borrow your friend's pump to start with and then if you think you're going to take to it, buy one then. I think second hand is fine as long as you wash thoroughly and sterilise. But each to their own!

Sorry lexi don't know where my suggestion you borrow from friend came in! hmm

Oodthunkit Sun 04-Nov-12 19:11:09

ethelred sofa sorted yet? grin think the friend thing was due to a conversation gummi/I were having.

Countmyblessings Sun 04-Nov-12 19:11:29

Stealth - as others have said its such a worrying time waiting for tests and scans have a friend who sadly got some bad news about her baby but she's fully supported and has decided to go ahead and have this baby! I'm so proud of her and her strength has been amazing!
I have had 2 recent losses both seen on scan the 12 weeks was the hardest, as never knew anything was wrong!
Last was ectopic - every step of this pregnancy has been so hard but feeling much better now I can feel baby moving about!
Take one day at a time and try to relax and try thinking positive saying over and over - all is well!

Countmyblessings Sun 04-Nov-12 19:18:03

Also - those who are moving wow your amazing I hate moving its so stressful although when we moved last year November we decided to pack up loads of stuff we didn't need and put in a cheap storage place so when we finally got keys didn't have to pack up loads of stuff!
Def would suggest packers and if possible colour coding boxes so you know what's in what box!!!!
Ps - I'm holding off buying as Im waiting for January bargains! Whoop!!

GummiberryJuice Sun 04-Nov-12 19:25:43

Ethel that's right I was brilliant at feeding ds but couldn't expres to save myself

Oodthunkit Sun 04-Nov-12 19:45:59

I couldn't express with dd1. V easy by hand with dd3 but crap with a machine. She was a bottle refuser anyway so it never got drank .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now