Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

November 2012 - it's here at last, we're ready for you babies

(1000 Posts)
StuntNun Fri 02-Nov-12 17:03:01
Cacacaz Sat 10-Nov-12 08:46:01

Last post grin

Cacacaz Sat 10-Nov-12 08:45:46

Oh wow congratulations Barmee

StuntNun Sat 10-Nov-12 08:41:49

Congratulations to DH and Barmee. We are having a rush of babies aren't we?

Who'll get the last post this time?

blonderthanred Sat 10-Nov-12 08:32:41

Barmee I just gasped when I read that! Congratulations, what a story to tell when they're older!

These November babies are suddenly in a right old hurry aren't they. Wish mine had been so keen.

BarmeeMarmee Sat 10-Nov-12 08:26:45

Congratulations to everyone yesterday, can I add another one? Baby born at approx 5.30 last night, at home-not by planning! Contractions never closer than 7-8 mins, was going to the toilet before heading to hospital as pain was getting too much and she just fell out, literally down the toilet! 8lbs14.5oz, on her due date. Both in hospital now, waiting to hear if I need a blood transfusion and they're keeping a close eye on her...

Hope a few more babies arrive today!

Iheartpasties Sat 10-Nov-12 08:08:02

I shall counter balance it with a glass of orange juice!! haha. I have never been so unhealthy, as I have been since being pregnant this time around. Poor little baby!!

Iheartpasties Sat 10-Nov-12 07:57:13

DH is cooking us burgers for tea. Healthy?!

Brockle Sat 10-Nov-12 07:51:47

Congratulations DH and Quinn is a gorgeous name smile Am very jealous as we were due around the same date and still have ten days to go! Good luck to everyone this weekend xx

Iheartpasties Sat 10-Nov-12 07:46:47

Morning ladies!

Chunkychicken Sat 10-Nov-12 07:31:25

Congratulations DH. Sounds like a lovely (quick) experience.

Congrats on the nephew too pass

Fingers crossed those surges keep coming peaky and you get a smooth progression.

Detective hoping, in the nicest possible way, that you couldn't sleep for contractions & things are hotting up...

Brockle that is SO annoying.

Thanks everyone we're so over the moon smile making the most of sleepy period!

Tea and twix for breakfast smile

Lane81 Sat 10-Nov-12 05:46:17

Congratulations eliza and dh lovely names!!!

I really thought my baby would come on this thread sad think I'm going to be here forever. Am feeling really frustrated now, and just want to know when it's going to happen. People have been phoning constantly which is lovely but getting a bit bored of saying 'still nothing, will be in touch'. Some people (men) seem to think due dates are set in stone and are really confused as to why she's not here yet.

kirrinIsland Sat 10-Nov-12 05:08:47

Congratulations DH - lovely name. Hope you are both doing well thanks

And congrats on your nephews arrival too pass smile

brockle that would seriously annoy me too. FB has a lot to answer for!

detective sending positive contraction vibes your way.....

peaky sounds like things might be getting going - looking forward to your birth announcement!

DD woke me at 4 and I haven't been able to get back to sleep sad Will persevere though!

Iheartpasties Sat 10-Nov-12 04:40:34

passme *nephew (not niece!)

Peaky1 Sat 10-Nov-12 03:49:23

Congrats DH! Really pleased for you thanks. I take it there have been loads more births so sorry to those I have missed. Every time I go to catch up I get caught up in my own dramas!

Was told by night shift that they'll make a decision in the morning whether to break waters or try another insert tampon thingie or pessary as my surges had stopped. Have been woken up since about 01:30 with half hourly surges again though! Also had the bloody show about an hour ago grin so here's to hoping I can progress a bit more and my cervix might actually play ball!

Cacacaz Sat 10-Nov-12 03:37:51

A wee nephew how lovely passme

Congratulations dh that was a quick labour, the 9th is a great day to be born grin

Iheartpasties Sat 10-Nov-12 02:47:21

The same weight as your DS, how lovely!!

From waters going to delivery was 4 hours and 20 mins, it really ramped up in the last hour. Can't sleep at all now though, keep staring at her. Ill upload pic to fb smile

She weighs 7.2lb, exactly the same as ds!!

Passmethecrisps Sat 10-Nov-12 01:02:42

Deeelishas! I need to do something. Off to get some water. Might read for a while,

Iheartpasties Sat 10-Nov-12 01:00:35

I have just stuffed a bagel with jam on down my piehole. nice.

Iheartpasties Sat 10-Nov-12 00:59:56

desperatehousewife21 Congratulations. Wow, it was a pretty fast labour. water birth sounds lovely. lovely name.

Passmethecrisps Sat 10-Nov-12 00:35:01

Hooray DH! Lovely name. Seems like it was a nice birth as well. Congrats!

Today's newborn snuggle count must be very high.

I can't sleep. Head is spinning.

<hands pasties a virtual Crunchie>

Iheartpasties Sat 10-Nov-12 00:16:53

Congrats on the niece passme shes a good size. Now I want a Crunchie, it has been a few days since I had one!!

chunky kirrin yes am at Margate birthing unit, it's lovely smile

My little girl was born at 10:44pm in a birthing pool.
We've called her Quinn Emily smile don't know what she weighs yet.

Passmethecrisps Sat 10-Nov-12 00:10:00

Ah, she spontaneously shifted herself. Excellent

This thread is not accepting new messages.