Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

November 2012 - it's here at last, we're ready for you babies

(1000 Posts)
StuntNun Fri 02-Nov-12 17:03:01
Chunkychicken Sat 03-Nov-12 17:54:13

We could have a race for the 2nd Nov baby here then!!! It's all getting exciting grin

I have it in my head that the first sign I would get would be the show, like with DD, but I suppose that's not a given...

I have had BH all day long but they're not 'going anywhere', although maybe getting a bit more deliberate but I refuse to get my hopes up, esp as I'm not due for another 16 days.

Don't dismiss it yet chunky I've been getting strong BHs too, I've got 17 days to go but hoping I won't get that far.

Am supposed to have another consultant app a week on mon an really don't want to go so she's got 8 days to shift!

Update - it hurts, the baby is trying to kill me :D <disclaimer, it's progressing fine and mostly all in my back, oh joy>

Evening ladies - wow what a lot to cath up on

congrats madam love the name Seth!!!

How exciting tits fingers x'd it all kicks off soon xx

Well I'm 39 weeks today and the house is the sparkliest it has ever been so am well prepared for Dottie's arrival!!! Took the dog for a walk up and down a few hills and then went for a yummy carvery then ordered DH a "topless" ice cream instead of a bottomless one - oh the shame!!!! I want my brain back!!!!

Have tried everything to shift this lil madam but she's gonna come in her own sweet time - either tomorrow or next Saturday is good for me lol!!!!!

Hope there's a flurry of babies making an appearance very soon xx

GTbaby Sat 03-Nov-12 18:46:32

Marking place. Not that ill keep up. Just about read post natal thread n that's very slow grin

Passmethecrisps Sat 03-Nov-12 18:48:32

Topless icecream! Hahahahahaha!

Huge congrats to madam. Seth is such a lovely name as well. I hope you are all home and tucked up soon.

Lots of exciting things going on with you ladies! BH, bloody shows and the like. All I have is major stomach cramps whenever I try to haul myself off the sofa. I can't straighten myself up for ages and have to do it in tiny steps. Ah well.

I am soooooooo tired. How much sleep can one woman need? I fancy a cup of tea but can't face dragging my arse off the sofa and DH is busy working at the dinner table. glenda I am extremely impressed by your energy to go walking. Good on you!

Chunkychicken Sat 03-Nov-12 18:50:34

"Enjoy" it Tits iykwim!!! Each one is a step closer to baby... smile

Passmethecrisps Sat 03-Nov-12 18:50:48

Hia GT!

How's things? I did read the graduates thread the other day - but scary really!!

Does babyGT have a name yet?

Passmethecrisps Sat 03-Nov-12 18:52:44

Oh yeah! tits!!!! My yoga teacher talks about each contraction as a wave that you will never see again - whatever is still to come, that much has been done already. I have no idea if I will find this helpful in the actual event but in mentally preparing for it I find it massively comforting

pikz Sat 03-Nov-12 18:54:18

Is unexplainable anger at DP for just being a man a sign of labour? He's driving me bonkers.

MissMummy1 Sat 03-Nov-12 18:59:39

DH been in bed "dying" all day. I'm more bored and lonely than I am when he's offshore - at least then I can make plans! Can't help but feel a bit sorry for him though, pregnancy hormones, what have they done to me?!

All seems to be getting a little exciting for some of you! Do keep us posted!!

The highlight of my day was my birthing ball arriving. Sooooo comfy to sit on if nothing else!

MadamGazelleIsMyMum Sat 03-Nov-12 19:13:18

Hello all, thanks so much for the well wishes. We are at home now, and very pleased to be. Am sore and emotional but much better prepared for that this time. Good luck to everyone else and look forward to more baby news soon!

SwissArmyWife Sat 03-Nov-12 19:14:05

Marking place!

tits I am so excited for you! Come on baby bumsquash!

Congrats madame and welcome to all the newbies smile

Nothing happening here apart from BH's and had a bit of a trickle of fluid yesterday but may have just sprung a small leak as haven't had any more. My mum is convinced I'm going to have the baby on Thursday and she's usually right lol. I want my baby this weeeeek!

GTbaby Sat 03-Nov-12 19:15:25

Pikz towards the end of labour I was quite chilled with DH. Even let him go home for a nap after my waters broke as mw said it could still take a while. Lol HOWEVER was snapping at DH for everything for few days before ( might have been the frustration of bring in hospital for 2 days)

No name yet. Well actually we have decided. (Not like any of u will bump into my family n spoil my plans) We are announcing it tomorrow as its DH bday n his family r over. On the cake it says "happy birthday daddy. Love from harjun" the cakes been ordered so as far as I'm concerned that's his name. Harjun. No one (pil) can change our minds. grin

tits if ur still reading. Is ur Pessary really uncomfortable? Mine was. Really irritated me n felt like I was very swollen. Was very VERY surprised to see it was literally a price of string blush.

Chunkychicken Sat 03-Nov-12 19:35:10

DH has a "really bad headache" and had to lie down at my PIL house. DD & I luckily are getting dinner made for us here. I am partly irritated by it because I think it is partially self-induced (DH didn't eat or drink much this morning before going to play hockey) & partly because I now feel like I can't give birth as I don't think I could deal with a pathetic poorly DH as well as contractions (I realise that the latter is highly irrational & unreasonable but still...) Feeling slightly angry about it. Stupid really.

ShellyBobbs Sat 03-Nov-12 19:37:51

Hubby has come back from shopping with no mozzarella sad

daisychain76 Sat 03-Nov-12 19:53:01

Marking place. That‘s a fab way of revealing the name gt. Weird to think l should have been 39 weeks today, but instead he‘s 6 weeks on Monday! Looking forward ro lots of lovely baby news this month smile

Yes very swollen feeling down there! Was slightly uncomfortable going in.

Currently flopped over back of the electric bed waiting for a ctg to be free So I can see if these are real contractions because they're all in my hips and fairly quick.
Then they'll examine me but the ward is suddenly alive with labouring ladies.

mrswee Sat 03-Nov-12 19:56:52

Evening ladies! it all getting very exciting on here! good luck tits!

I finally start mat leave on Wednesday at 37.1 weeks, it's been a long time coming... still two more days at work to go.. not that I'm counting or anything

Was at the MW on wednesday... she said my baby is bloody back to back and although she wasn't at all arsed bout it, I was also measuring 38 weeks at 36 weeks. I was always bang on with DD.

I am trying to be positive but DD was back to back and I was labour for wait for it... a grand total of 6 days almost to the hour. contractions 4-5 mins arapt constently for most of those days.

So I am really hoping I can get this one to turn the right way but I have an antirior placenta so I'm guessing it won't what do you think detective what are my chances of a better birth this time even with an OP? will this effect my chances of using a birthing centre? (it's within the hospital grounds)

shelly only one thing for it.... send him back out, or call a pizza!

jaylee89 Sat 03-Nov-12 20:16:42

wooo tits am literally shaking pom poms for you here ....grin

Wow daisy I can't believe he's six weeks old already!

Sounds like lots more babies are imminent with all these shows and Braxton Hicks. I'm guessing tits is next but who will it be after that? 38+1 and no signs today. Baby is obviously not in a hurry to come out. I'm due on the 16th but keep telling myself he'll be here by the end of the month then if he arrives before that it's a bonus.

One of my neighbours just congratulated me on being pregnant and said he had no idea until he saw the car seat in our car a couple of days ago grin

StuntNun Sat 03-Nov-12 20:31:06

Chunky my DH managed to get sunstroke the day before DS2 was born then my labour started at around 2 a.m. So I was already exhausted before labour even started. I'd say there's no danger of the same thing happening this time.

I'm starting to panic about coping with pain since all these odd contractions started. I get one to four and then they stop. Should I read the Juju whatsit Birth Skills book or is it too late to start that now?

Cx coming thick and fast hopefully this means pessary can come out and I can go upstairs and have this baby

WaitingForMe Sat 03-Nov-12 21:41:44

Well I've had to change my panty liner but frankly if this is my show it's pretty unimpressive (not sure what I was expecting).

I've got lots of under bump tightenings which are new but I'm still very hmm

NCT teacher was adamant actual early labour is very different from BHs, tightenings and 'is this it?' wonderings.

mrswee Sat 03-Nov-12 21:45:21

Go baby tits!!

(that's a sentence I never thought I'd write on mumsnet!)

This thread is not accepting new messages.