Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

November 2012 - it's here at last, we're ready for you babies

(1000 Posts)
StuntNun Fri 02-Nov-12 17:03:01
Sophiathesnowfairy Sat 03-Nov-12 14:24:36

It appears that today I am having a clear out once every meal has been digested.

Sorry TMI, but who's else to share the potential excitement of that with.

Obviously I could just be dellusional as usual.

Bikini wax done phew! I'm suitable for baby to come now, it hurt quite a lot but think that's more because I haven't been since the end of June so had a fair bit of growth blush
Lots of twinges and discharge today, have been on my feet alot. Now home having a chill out afternoon, might go to bed for a nap soon.

kissyfur Sat 03-Nov-12 14:44:02

Blimey 3 pages into the new thread already!

Congrats to madamegazelle and good luck tits any twinges yet?

Been doing a bit of nesting here today too, nothing compared to fatima tho! Going to attempt to hoover out my walk in wardrobe now! Not looking forward to the sneezing that will occur as a result as its so dusty in there blush

A wee bit crampy although it might be wishful thinking.
DP is at Tesco freaking out apparently, and erm getting the car cleaned?!

Elizadoesdolittle Sat 03-Nov-12 15:14:09

Congratulations madame and our first official November baby. Welcome to the world Seth smile

Just back from a trip to bluewater. Got quite tired so only managed the top floor. I wanted to get DD some clothes but its virtually impossible to go clothes shopping with her so I think it's back to online. I did manage to pick up a baby annabell for her though so wasn't a wasted trip. Now just got to brain wash her and hope she doesn't remember seeing me pay for it and bring it home. It's supposed to be from Father Christmas!

Just time for a quick cuppa before we head off to a firework party. Once that's over baby can come. DH has given it strict instructions to arrive tomorrow or Monday. Since I'm not due for another week yet I think that's wishful thinking.

Detective (or anyone else) since I'm not able to mobilise and walk around like I want, does anyone know the best position for aiding things along whilst non mobile? I was thinking of putting the back of I the bed up and trying to prop myself in my knees and kind of flopping over it so gravity will still be working with me, or making DP stand next to the bed and leaning against him up on my knees/squatting??? Would all fours make use of gravity??

Also erm... Ouch!

Clarella Sat 03-Nov-12 15:18:39

Hi ladies, sorry not been on probably a few threads for a while - hope all are well!

Due 26th Nov and told fully engaged last wk at 36 wks - had mild lower back cramps then and getting a bit today too. Would that be classed as a niggle?!

Still v unprepared due to tail end of building work and trying to get decorated but thinking that'll run out! Just realised don't have a changing mat or nappy bin but plenty of snacks and ribena boxes in the freezer blush

Is it ok to use tens from 37 wks?

I don't have a changing mat in my house or changing bag either, this poor baby will be changed on a towel at this rate. grin

I never did round to stocking the freezer (unless we count frozen mash and jacket spuds)

I'm not sure about tens although I assume you could use it at 37 weeks if you went into labour.

tits are things progressing slowly then?! Sorry I cant be of help about being immobile and trying to push things along.

Clarella you've just reminded me I still need a changing mat! Thought I had everything and was feeling pretty proud of myself.

Clarella Sat 03-Nov-12 15:24:00

Ooo titsalina are you in labour (sorry about to catch up on threads)

Looking at my active birth book, can u pile up a mountain of pillows and go on hands and knees with hands higher it flop upper chest on to the pile if tired? Can then rock back onto heels squatting some times too?

Clarella Sat 03-Nov-12 15:32:14

Plus can I just check the andrex wipe q - had to use throughout preggo for same reason, been my saviour, blush - too late now but why not?

Wow after a few complaints of back ache my DH has finally suggested a,trip to mother care - its been wicks, screwfix, b and q or jewsons for 8 months.

WaitingForMe Sat 03-Nov-12 15:38:46

Ooh knicker checking excitement. Discharge heavier and a bit pink!

Feeling a bit crampy but I'm sure that's hopeful thinking!

Not too slowly considering its a 24hr release pessary and it went in at 12, I'm just forward planning. I naturally get very antsy when in pain so last labour I spent the time pacing and rocking, bouncing and it really helped to have a super quick labour.

I'll certainly try pile'o pillows when I need it. My aim is to get into established labour before the 24hrs is up so I don't have to have drip and ARM.

Welcome newbies

Congrats madam. Seth is such a cool name smile

tits all fours is a good position for helping things along and you could also give birth like that if it's comfy for you.

This things inside me isn't half beating my cervix!
Keeps having big jerky wiggles and I keep getting shooting pains in my fanjo.

Chunkychicken Sat 03-Nov-12 15:57:21

Tits I naturally found myself collapsing onto all fours when walking into the hospital with each contraction (refused the wheelchair offer from DH as needed to move iyswim) so I would imagine if you can do that without too much pain, that would be a good position to adopt. I don't know what positions cause you pain, but if you could manage to 'rock' or sway your bum (imagine trying to wag a tail) that could help too??

Think I'm getting my hopes up too much as I have had BH on and off all day, with some tighter feelings at the lower front of my bump & into my back, but they're irregular and not painful. Have had a busy day, although lovely seeing DD enjoy herself with Granny, so its prob just that.

Congratulations Madame lovely news and great that we have our first official November babe.

Fx Waiting. Live labour thread do we think??!! smile

Me too fatima (TMI) and cant keep off the toilet. Not diarrhea just loose bowels. Have been 3 times already today and am starting to feel like I need to go again. Im sure I havent eaten enough food for this amount to be coming out confused

Im thinking of going to the fireworks display tonight...Will be a nice 40 min walk there and an uphill walk back....decisions decisions.

Good luck tits I hope you find a position comfortable enough and its over pretty soon

jaylee89 Sat 03-Nov-12 15:58:39

tits you have to solemly swear to us now that we get hourly updates.......lol

live birth on here tonight please thanks [grins]

Had a nap so feel bit better but hate that feeling when you wake during the day after a nap and feel a bit sicky.
Doesn't help I've got a yucky cold still sad

Good luck tits hope it's going ok for you there.

I can't find madames announcement but congrats to you!

WaitingForMe Sat 03-Nov-12 16:40:06

I think I'm just attention seeking Chunky sad

I think Tits is our girl for live updating.

pikz Sat 03-Nov-12 16:44:07

Congrats madam and good luck tits

Lots of tightenings here but nothing I think is anything at all. Wish it would just hurry up.

Sophiathesnowfairy Sat 03-Nov-12 16:51:26

Good luck tits and waiting

Congrats madamme

Belgrano Sat 03-Nov-12 17:14:33

Hi ladies I'm fed up! 6 days overdue now. Had a small show this morning but nothing more and no sign of baby moving to LOA either-think its stuck back to back actually. Induction booked for thurs-sob. Had sweep on thu and have another go with a sweep on Tue. Come ON baby. I want my home birth!
Hope you're all ok. Titsalina have they induced you yet?

kirrinIsland Sat 03-Nov-12 17:21:31

Yay tits - hope things get moving properly soon.

Tmi warning - I've had some blood, so I've put a pad on to monitor it. I phoned then labour ward to check but they said it's fine and to call back if anything changes. Trying not to get my hopes up that this is the start of something - it's probably a show? I never had one with DD so not sure what I'm looking for - wan't gunky though? I'm a bit achy but that only started once I knew the blood was there so probably all in my head grin

Ooh kirrin that's exciting (obv as long as there's not too much blood!) keep us updated.

Had the tiniest bit of jelly like blob when I went to the loo earlier, think I've had it before too, not sure if I'm losing my plug in v tiny pieces.

This thread is not accepting new messages.