Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

November 2012 - it's here at last, we're ready for you babies

(1000 Posts)
StuntNun Fri 02-Nov-12 17:03:01

Good luck tits !! How exciting!!!

There has been a November baby on the last thread!!!

MadamGazelleIsMyMum Congratulations! Glad it all went well for you

Sophiathesnowfairy Sat 03-Nov-12 12:38:25

Can I just begin the new thread with a TMI question?

I have really bad piles this pregnancy as a result of DSs birth, never had them in my life before, anyway I do all the right stuff like drink lots of water and use Anusol. Anyway, and here is the TMI Bit......as I have now got to the stage of pregnancy where my body keeps clearing out, sometimes twice a day, wiping can be a bit uncomfortable. So, can I use those andrex bottom wipes that are moist?

I only ask as I vaguely remember a conversation about 52 threads ago about maybe not using that kind of thing, but toilet paper, even the aloe Vera one that I use, can be a bit unforgiving.

Xx

Hahahahahaha I was advised once the pessary was in to abstain from sex shock do I look like they type of lady that would get it on in the cubicle with a pessary in, monitor on and in severe pain?!

Sophiathesnowfairy Sat 03-Nov-12 13:02:29

Can we ake from that the pessary is in place?

StuntNun Sat 03-Nov-12 13:05:33

Welcome Kalidasa and Paro. Things are getting too exciting here with the baby anticipation. I have so many appointments on at the moment I don't know when I'll be able to fit labour in. Currently a week Tuesday is free so I can at least get my hearing aid fitted and my saxophone lesson on the Monday. Who would have thought maternity leave would be so hectic?

georgee Sat 03-Nov-12 13:20:07

OOOOPPS!!!! Sh*t, Shelly, so sorry about nipping in there on your last post!!! Had completely lost track of the number of posts left on the thread and was just waffling aimlessly!! blush

I'll keep away from the last page on the thread this time ...

ShellyBobbs Sat 03-Nov-12 13:28:46

Sophia I'd just use baby wipes, I always do when I have a poo as I like to feel nice and clean, just remember to have a packet of nappy sacks at the side to pop them in as you shouldn't flush any wipes.

Bloody got beat AGAIN to finishing the last thread, hope I'm not here to try to finish off this one grin I know I will though.

Actually had a pretty good nights sleep and didn't surface until 11am shock! And am really, really happy to report that although horrid rash now covers about 70% of my body, it doesn't seem quite as itchy today. I bought some Aqueous cream yesterday, lovely big pot for next to nothing, slapped it everywhere last night after a baby oil bath and it seems to have calmed it. I think it's actually drying out as it seems to be drinking the cream.

Got to drag myself to a bonfire tonight with the nippers, really can't be arsed with that but hey hum.......

Madam Congratulations on your little one, can't wait to see the piccies grin

Welcome to Kalidasa and Paro Always nice to get others on here.

Hubby has been doing my nesting for me this morning, he has COMPLETELY gutted the kitchen and cleaned absolutely everything, including every plate, cup and bit of horded crap. He's also filled some bin bags but he's taken them straight outside and said I'm not allowed to see what he's thrown! He's even chucked all out of date tablets lol!

ShellyBobbs Sat 03-Nov-12 13:30:17

Hahaha Georgee, it's become a tradition that I DON'T get the last word. Detective beat me last time, honestly it would be an anti-climax for me if I did grin

TheDetective Sat 03-Nov-12 13:30:28

Bahahaha @ Shelly!!!! wink

Barmee I knew I recognised your name - Kalidisa too - from the hyperemesis thread. I've been very lucky this time as my first pregnancy was 22 weeks of it, this time it stopped by 14 weeks pretty much. I really thought I was in for the long haul...

Tits thank actual fuck for that!!!!!!!!

TheDetective Sat 03-Nov-12 13:32:11

grin

Ok so, baby is now banned til Tuesday, I don't mind going in to labour Monday though! So, thinking reflexology for mon/tues. Gotta be better than a shag, right?!
Not sure where to find said reflex

ShellyBobbs Sat 03-Nov-12 13:33:09

Lol grin

Oh yes, sorry Tits at last, a bit of fanjo filling of the right kind grin

TheDetective Sat 03-Nov-12 13:33:29

Stupid iPhone!!

Anyway, not sure where to look/find it. But I'll have me a google later!

I think I can claim half the cost back from my health cash plan thingy. I got £60 for the night in hospital sunday! Bonus!

ShellyBobbs Sat 03-Nov-12 13:35:53

Mine's only allowed out on a Friday or Tuesday, this would give me a nice run as my others were born Sat, Sun and Mon. The longer this goes on, the more I don't want a night labour either.........

Currently been sat on the sofa doing numerous crosswords and checking MN for 2 hours. Keep getting sharp pains through my fanjo sad and aching underneath my bump...thinking this may be baby engaging even more or should I get checked?

TheDetective Sat 03-Nov-12 13:39:08

We must be the fussiest pregnant women ever grin

katkit1 Sat 03-Nov-12 13:48:50

ShellyBobbs good to hear your husband has taken on the nesting - neither of us have any nesting instincts in this house -will be 38 wks on Monday (I think I've forgotten to nest) phew!!

TheDetective Sat 03-Nov-12 13:53:27

I nest through DP! I see, he does grin Well, some of it. I do bits... Usually the bits he did badly...!

I would urge you all to conserve as much energy as possible!!

I'm off food shopping now and I'm quite ashamed at my shopping list! It consists of the easiest meals ever, and lots of things that won't go to waste if we are otherwise occupied grin. Think hot dogs (veggie!) and baked potatoes. That's pretty much it!

Comfort foods, me?!

Sophiathesnowfairy Sat 03-Nov-12 13:56:46

Am now on a raspberry leaf tea fest..... I have reflexology on Tues detective have been living it.

Come on baby.nhowever I would like it to be office hours. Thank you.

Catbag Sat 03-Nov-12 13:58:19

Afternoon ladeeez grin
Just marking my spot. The antenatal thread moves so fast!

ShellyBobbs Sat 03-Nov-12 14:06:38

When I'm in the house on my own, I only eat fruit and bowls of porridge, I luvz it smile

It seems all nesting has ground to a halt since United kicked off with Arsenal, just so unreliable grin

TheDetective Sat 03-Nov-12 14:10:08

Sadly the only fruit on this weeks list is bananas. To go with squirty cream grin

Bad Detective!

ShellyBobbs Sat 03-Nov-12 14:16:58

Haha, or ice-cream mmmmmmm, banana splits..........grin

TheDetective Sat 03-Nov-12 14:17:32

It's ok! I've redeemed myself! Just got some toffee a

TheDetective Sat 03-Nov-12 14:20:17

It's ok! I've redeemed myself! Just got some toffee apples!

Next stage of nesting done, thought clearing out the freezer would be a 15 minute job, turned in to a 2 hour defrosting session.
I was getting a bit ridiculous yesterday Sophia I must have swept/hoovered the kitchen floor 5 times as bits just kept appearing. It needs doing again now.
Wish I could have one of those robot hoovers so I could set it to Hoover every day.

Congratulation Madame! thanks Love the name Seth.

DH is now up and waiting for the tesco man. He's brought his duvet down to the sofa. The PIL are supposed to be coming tomorrow for lunch/tea. They sort of ended up half inviting themselves as they've got a new carpet cleaner. I've put my foot down as we're not really in any rush to have any carpets cleaned, plus DH is shattered with working so much. Plus I really can't be bothered cooking a meal and hosting someone on what could potentially be our last child free Sunday. Just got to wait for DH to ring and tell them. We'll be seeing them tonight at a family party anyway.
Do you think my reasoning sounds justified or should I be sucking it up and having them over? I really can't be arsed

This thread is not accepting new messages.