Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Christmas Puddings 2012 - one bun has left the oven, who's next?

(1000 Posts)
PurplePidjInAPointyHat Tue 30-Oct-12 20:40:04

New thread!

Oh and I have to see anaesthetist in the next few weeks

brooke89 Wed 31-Oct-12 14:16:31

Jealous of everyone still having sex - I think we've had sex 3 times since i've been pregnant sad

Happy Halloween everyone! We celebrated it last weekend so nothing planned for tonight. It was an absolute nightmare trying to find a halloween costume that fit so i painted a pumpkin on my bump which looked quite good haha i've put a picture up if anyone needs costume ideas!

2blessed Wed 31-Oct-12 14:28:07

I still love having sex with DP and its mutual. We have to be more creative but that's ok.
Just had a lovely lunch of beef and mozzarella meatballs with spaghetti - yum! And now I want to sleep...
Can I ask is anyone having a baby shower? My friends have been banging on about it for months and I have finally agreed that they can organise one for me. They all think I'm a bit weird of not relishing the idea of creating a gift list but I have said that I would be happy with vouchers or a book that they enjoyed in childhood or that they enjoy reading with their DC. Think mainly it would be nice to have a bit of social/ladies time before LO arrives... What's everyone else doing?

pmgkt Wed 31-Oct-12 15:10:19

My baby shower consists of a meal out with my 4 other buddies from my last nct group. I am the third to be having number 2 and that is all that we have each done. Chinese. Next Friday so I should hope to make it til then. It my birthday next Monday so dh has booked us a night away without ds1 at a spa hotel. I would really recommend having a night away before your new one arrives. It's not saying goodbye to your old life or anything just I found once the baby is here things are different and you don't want to go away in the same way for a bit.

MyDaydream Wed 31-Oct-12 15:42:24

I'm not doing anything! DP is taking me away somewhere to do something as an early birthday present at the end of the month, night in a hotel, a silly activity and a meal out but that's all he's let slip.

Sex happens rarely, about once a month ATM tbh. I think DH feels slightly deprived but I'm just so huge and uncomfy I'm really not in the mood. Can't wait to get a sex life back again!

Ear seems to be on the mend which is helping. Last day tomorrow then fly home Friday morning. Think I need a holiday to recover from this one, pregnancy makes day trips etc tiring!

Really hope little Dash will be joining you at home very soon honey <hugs>
knotty hope you survive the Halloween party! Good luck! We aren't doing anything.
Everyone is having lots of sex by the sounds of things. Me and DP are just too tired. Great effort ladies! Would rather eat a curry when the time comes to evict babba!
Measuring 37 weeks at now 34 and levels on my 4d scan of fluid were on the high side so got a scan next week. Not engaged in the slightest
Went to buy some EPO from h&b and they nearly refused to sell them to me?! They let me in the end but wrote all over the receipt saying "we highly recommend not to be taken due to pregnancy" but there's threads all saying people are using it so I'm planning on going ahead. Am I silly?

Barbeasty Wed 31-Oct-12 16:01:37

I'm doing nothing, but DH and I are going away for a night for our anniversary in a couple of weeks and MIL will have DD as a "trial run" ready for when I give birth.

I saw the midwife today too. Baby is 3-4 fifths engaged! Head down (obviously) and back in the right place. Bump has gone from 2cm big 6 weeks ago, to 2cm small today. But no worry, as she said it's nothing to do with the size of the baby, but because he's so well engaged. And there I was hoping for a slightly smaller baby this time...

MyDaydream Wed 31-Oct-12 16:16:20

Cookies I bought my raspberry leaf and evening primrose today and nothing was said to me. They probably just want to cover themselves in case you turn back up in a week with a baby and a lawyer threatening to sue.

emilyeggs Wed 31-Oct-12 16:45:21

Was looking for raspberry leaf tea in boots today, didn't look very hard as I didn't find any (may still be mentally scared over the pill popping slot machine image I have). As for sex, well we still at it if not a bit less by one rather annoying thing is, dh won't perform certain acts that I've always rather quite like! He says his head (on his shoulders) will be too close to baby for his liking. I now won't return the favour grin

Chilli for dinner! I've got enough to freeze at least two extra portions too!

AlisonDB Wed 31-Oct-12 17:24:47

I had my baby shower a couple of weeks ago, it was amazing!!
I had no idea it was happening,
I had planned a lazy Sunday snuggled up in the sofa watching movies and eating junk.
The next thing the door bell goes and 15 of my friends where stood there with balloons, presents and food, shouting Surprise!!! (In the pouring rain)
I was speechless, turns out DH, best friend and DS had been planning it for weeks.
They girls came in decorated the living room with Balloons, banners, etc...
Laid out all the food they bought with them and for the next 2 hours we played games, and had a really good laugh!
When it was time for them to leave they sprang to action again cleared the living room tidied the kitchen and left the house cleaner than it had been when they arrived!! Lol
I got really useful gifts too.
A "baby hamper" full of nappies, sudocrem, baby wipes, lotions, bath toys, etc...
A nappy cake made up of nappies and muslin cloths,
A couple of little outfits.
A Bump & Baby photo shoot.

I felt very spoilt! :-)

That sounds amazing Alison what lovely friends smile

AlisonDB Wed 31-Oct-12 18:04:18

It really was so thoughtful and overwhelmingly kind!

emilyeggs Wed 31-Oct-12 18:04:29

DH just answered the front door and heard little kids saying trick or treat! Can't believe I started crying at there little voices!

Trick or treaters stole all my roses angry

Stacks Wed 31-Oct-12 18:13:16

Marking my place. Haven't refreshed phone since 9am this morning, so there are probably thousands of posts I've missed!

To whoever was asking about flutters down low (pmgtk) I read this morning that LO may be sucking their thumbs by now, and if their thumb pops out their mouth, you may feel them moving their head from side to side to find it again grin perhaps feeling like flutters?

emilyeggs Wed 31-Oct-12 18:14:29

Oh no spotty that's terrible! angry

emilyeggs Wed 31-Oct-12 18:16:08

Oh hang on, do you mean roses as on chocolate? Lol I thought you meant they picked your flowers

EggsMichelle Wed 31-Oct-12 18:17:38

I think my DH is scared Shrimpy will grab his penis, or accuse him of emotional harm in later life, so for now I have to put up with him randomly grabbing me, saying very seductive things, then running and hiding!

Baby bath arrived, it's one of those folding ones as we don't have huge amounts of space. A bit fiddly to start with but just needs practice, can't wait to use it!

grin sorry just to clarify my Cadbury's roses grin

EggsMichelle Wed 31-Oct-12 18:21:28

I bought loads of crunchies and milky ways and no one has come, more chocolate for me grin

utopian99 Wed 31-Oct-12 19:22:58

alison how lovely of your friends! I hadn't even thought of it, to be fair - if someone did it as a surprise i would be quite shocked/touched, but not planning anything.

I thought someone had thieved spotty's flowers too, was enraged on your behalf although still sympathize with your chocolates being sacrificed instead!

I have finished tiling the bathroom! (still have to grout it though..)

Well when I bought my raspberry leaf tablets I had to lie about how many weeks I was! But this time she was a right snotty cow.
Oh what lovely friends Alison. How cute! I would have balled my eyes out. My sister is arranging one next week for me but she had to tell me as she didn't know who I would want to be there. Don't really expect any presents but an excuse to chat and eat cake smile

Haha spotty I think in my pregnant greedy fat state I would be more upset about Cadbury's ones! Yumm chilli. Leftovers welcome
Had several trick or treaters and felt like a very nice mum giving them lots of goodies. grin oh hormones! Felt for the poor parents out in the rain tbh

Made toad in the hole and had apple crumble from waitrose .. aMAZING!

utopian you're tiling your own bathroom?! V impressed.

Secondsop Wed 31-Oct-12 20:35:17

We had quite a few trick or treaters, although fewer than last year (or maybe it just felt that way because we bought enough chocolate to begin with this year rather than me having to make a dash to replenish the stocks).

Had my anaesthetist appointment today (I had a referral to see her because of my high BMI and it's become even more important what with all my other complications). She was really good - I hope she's on duty for my labour. She said that for high blood pressure patients having inductions, she'd recommend an epidural at the same time as the hormone drip starts, to keep pain to a minimum to prevent my blood pressure going up. She asked me about what I'd thought about for labour and I admitted I hadn't really given it much thought as I'd assumed, bein high-risk, that I'd need to go along with whatever the doctors thought necessary and didn't really think I had many options. She emphasised that it remained my choice and that if I didn't want an epidural,
I didn't have to have one. I think I will have one, though, as it does seem to help keep the risks down for me and the baby in our circumstances.

This thread is not accepting new messages.