Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Christmas Puddings 2012 - one bun has left the oven, who's next?

(1000 Posts)
PurplePidjInAPointyHat Tue 30-Oct-12 20:40:04

New thread!

Bellaboo123 Wed 31-Oct-12 03:43:37

pmgkt I'm getting kicks really low down hence why I'm wide awake...I know I'm still breech though. Could the LO have turned back to breech?

HoneyMum21 Wed 31-Oct-12 04:37:36

Hi all. Checking in. Got discharged from hospital last night so is the first night I've not been able to see Dash when I'm awake and it's horrible.

Honey really feel for you, must be very difficult. Have they said when they think he will be allowed home?

It freaks me out having a cervix.

Clarella Wed 31-Oct-12 04:53:26

Oh honey that must be so hard <hugs>
What times are you able to be there?

Clarella Wed 31-Oct-12 05:00:41

Mw seemed to contradict herself today as said they can move round - so breech, though she thought id be staying put - I have a friend who produces babies that spin right up to last minute.

Forward leaning stuff supposed to work - swimming, kneeling etc

Clarella I've seen my mw three times this pg, the last two times she's told me the baby is breech but as I was having scans every two weeks I knew she was head down! This happened last pg and to my sister with he last pg too. I think they quite often mistake the bottom for the head!! Will you get another scan?

utopian99 Wed 31-Oct-12 05:29:34

Oh honey, that's not what you want, even if it is good you being discharged. How long before he can come home?

Am wide awake as can't breathe due to the Slowest Developing Cold in the World. angry LO is awake too and having a very lopsided party in my bump..

Just a nube question, but if sex helps bring on labour, why not now or in the next few weeks? You don't have to stop for a month do you? We were practicing positions for massage in labour in our nct class and one involved having your arms/head in dh's lap, which looked exactly like oral and caused much amusement. We may be having a child, but turns out we still have the mental age of a 14 year old... wink

Marking place smile

knottyhair Wed 31-Oct-12 06:59:52

Honey, thinking of you and hoping you have your gorgeous Dash home with you soon.
My DS came into the bathroom yesterday when I was cleaning my teeth wearing just pants (sorry for that image), gave me a big hug, and said "you look like you're fat now, even though I know you're not". DP "jokingly" said, "yes, she's eaten all the pies" and DS indignantly said "no, she's carrying my BABY SISTER". So I think I'll let him off grin. Happy Halloween everyone!

I've that dusted the whole house and cleaned all the sides in the kitchen confused

That's so sweet knotty!

knottyhair Wed 31-Oct-12 07:30:59

Wow Spotty, I've been up an hour and have managed a coffee and a sausage sandwich! Need to start decorating the house and getting food ready for Halloween party later for 12 kids must be bloody mad.

MaMaPo Wed 31-Oct-12 07:35:07

utopian, I don't think sex is particularly likely to bring on labour - it's just one of those things that, due to confirmation bias, people get quite attached to. 'We had sex, and that night I went into labour!' Yes, but what about the times before that when you didn't? There's some info about prostaglandin effects on the cervix but I think the quantities requires to kickstart things are such that some normal sex is unlikely to help unless your other half is prodigiously productive.

Nice to have a new thread! I saw my doctor yesterday and had my bloods done - no glucose test, thankfully, and everything else is progressing nicely. Then he complimented me on my collagen, noting that I didn't have any stretch marks! hmm Baby is head down (for now) and thumping merrily away...

JoJoB77 Wed 31-Oct-12 09:10:27

Marking my place smile

EggsMichelle Wed 31-Oct-12 09:15:02

I think I have a cold sad reflux gives me a sore throat, but this feels cold like. Need to do a massive supplies shop at tesco (toilet roll!) then off to the mw's. sex has been a sensitive issue in our house for some time, DH is uncomfortable about performing in case Shrimpy starts wiggling around, so I doubt I will able to say "sex brought on labour" sad

Waiting for scan smile

AlisonDB Wed 31-Oct-12 11:49:03

Sex???? What's that????
Can't actually remember the last time I had any,
The last time, we got even remotely frisky, I had to stop twice to run to the bathroom to be sick! (Think that was about week 25,)

Clarella Wed 31-Oct-12 11:53:22

Lol and ditto Alison, wasn't sick just non plussed.

MyDaydream Wed 31-Oct-12 12:02:20

Had a crap nights sleep, DP was snoring then came into the spare room to wake me up several times with banging about. All the grace of a bloody elephant. Then they've started digging up the path outside the house with a big drill. It's all against me sad. I've also started breathing so heavily and it's started to annoy me.
We've occasionally had sex but I don't think it's enjoyable for anyone really, if I ask DP if he enjoyed it he says "I enjoy having sex with you, because I love you" so guessing he's not that bothered it's fairly infrequent.

Walnut8 Wed 31-Oct-12 12:12:59

Honey that would be awful. It sounds like it might not be far off until he's home though?

I agree daydream, definitely not always enjoyable. I am starting to feel like a whale especially at night and that's really not all that sexy. I hate when DH makes jokes that he never gets any though - we try for at least once or twice a week.

Trying to work out whether I dislike first trimester or third trimester more. On the one hand, you can at least move around freely in 1st tri, although I hate the nausea and the secrecy and being constantly on edge that things could go wrong. Am also thinking, wow this could be the last time pregnant for me (we might stop at two) so I should be trying to enjoy it more right??

WeeJo08 Wed 31-Oct-12 12:17:21

Morning everyone! Happy Halloween! grin Had MW appointment this morning and all went well. Measuring spot on, baby's head down, blood pressure and wee both good. She had a feel round and said that she reckons the baby will be "7 8" at birth. Now, when I heard this I thought oh, that'd be okay...but then I called hubby to update him & he took it to mean 7-8 pounds at birth. confused I'm not sure what she meant now! Either is fine of course! I guess 7lbs 8oz would be quite an exact "estimate"!

Spotty Hope scan goes well!

Knotty That is so cute!

Honey That's great that you've been discharged but must be so hard being away from Dash sad I bet he will be discharged in no time though - it sounds like he is doing brilliantly.

Re: sex...we are still about the 3 times a week mark...though it is getting more and more tricky for me to manoeuvre!

AlisonDB Wed 31-Oct-12 12:21:41

No sex is definatly a turn off rather than turn on,
I feel sick, or have heartburn anyway, so would probably end up taking swigs of Gaviscon during it! Lol

Had a big of a Benny Hill moment last night,
I said to DH, I feel really sore and swollen down there will you loll for me?
He looked like he was about to pass out, like I'd said, right the baby is coming and it's you who has to deliver it!
It was too big a wind up to miss so I ended up chasing him round the house wearing just my bra & pants till he locked himself in the bathroom shouting someone help I'm being harassed by a crazy pregnant woman!! Lol

pmgkt Wed 31-Oct-12 13:06:15

Sex once a week, and mornings. In the evenings I just want to sleep and am struggling with heartburn.
Just had mw at 31 +5 as she only works part time. Anyway I asked about the twinges down the bottom. Yes possibly hands as def not breech but as it is head down it could be his head hitting my cervix when I move, especially as its second time around. Now that really could be a turn off for sex if you needed one!

CODwidow Wed 31-Oct-12 13:09:51

34 weeks today smile still feeling pretty good and quite happy that bump was measuring 33 at yesterdays appt as my last baby was 9lb 10 I'm hoping this one will be a little smaller!

We're still at it probably 3 or 4 times a week but i guess over the next few weeks it'll get a bit trickier! Well nesting has set in big time so whole house has been cleaned today just a shame my Hoover decided to protest and has burnt out so have to wait for dh to get home to fix it or might pop to dm and borrow hers.

Hope everyone has a nice Halloween grin

kate2boysandabump Wed 31-Oct-12 13:21:10

You talked up a storm while I was busy!!

Honey Good news that you're home, but sad that you're away from your little one.

I've had hydrotherapy this week for my PGP and it was bliss. Lots of really good exercises in lovely warm water with a really lovely physio. Of course the other lady doing was much thinner and prettier envy

I've had the whooping cough jab today and the nurse who did it said that when she had her third she was a midwife and she got a friend to scan her who told her it was a boy. Turned out to be a girl shock the baby came home from the hospital in a blue sleepsuit as they hadn't got anything else. I wonder if we'll have any scan errors?

Off to the hospital to be fitted for a back brace this afternoon, pregnancy is such a glamourous time...

We're not planning to buy anything for the baby for Christmas, but if he makes a timely appearance we'll probably buy a few keepsake type things. I will not need to buy the baby any gifts MIL will take care of that I'm sure.

I'm starting on the raspberry leaf capsules this Saturday, when I'm 34 weeks and will be trying the the EPO capsules too. I've told dh he may be required to give me a sweep and he said OK. I think he must be pretty game, he gave excellent perineal massages when I was having ds1, he found himself some instructions from the internet and was committed to his task. He said it was the least he could do and I tend to agree wink

Back from scan! Dr said he is 'chubby'! Top end of the scale for head and ab circumference. Weight estimate 4lb10 shock

Another scan in two weeks and will also book induction currently going to be 38 weeks. Bp good still but fortnightly bp and wee from the 14th.

This thread is not accepting new messages.