Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

November 2012 - but that starts on Thursday

(1000 Posts)
StuntNun Fri 26-Oct-12 17:23:18
georgee Sat 03-Nov-12 13:15:05

I know a gorgeous Seth too (grown man) - he's clearly going to be a stunner Madame with that name! Big congrats to you! Enjoy those snuggles.

So wishing baby was outside my body now - whopping great movements and the feeling that there's a bowling ball in my lower stomach today. Can do very little moving around in comfort, hope this isn't how it's going to be until the birth, which is still a long, long way off ... 37 weeks tomorrow, gah!

ShellyBobbs Sat 03-Nov-12 13:15:01

the very final

ShellyBobbs Sat 03-Nov-12 13:14:49

that I get

ShellyBobbs Sat 03-Nov-12 13:14:34

Can it be

WaitingForMe Sat 03-Nov-12 13:10:28

Our lovely next door neighbour just told us she's 22 weeks pregnant! Our babies are going to be in the same school year! grin

StuntNun Sat 03-Nov-12 13:02:07

Congrats Madam are you the first November mummy or has someone else snuck through the finish line without telling us? I love the name Seth too, the character Seth in Misfits is v. hot!

WaitingForMe Sat 03-Nov-12 12:52:24

Congratulations Madam

MissMummy1 Sat 03-Nov-12 12:40:27

Woo congrats madam ! Lovely name too!

Sophia I did things like that before I was pregnant.... I clearly have issues

WaitingForMe Sat 03-Nov-12 12:37:31

Thanks for all the good wishes. I feel fine today so clearly just a 24 hour bug. I can only imagine the baby was being a good little parasite and taking everything he needed and that was why I suffered more than with any bug I've ever had before.

That's quite some dream jaylee shock I've had a few odd ones but nothing that extreme!

DH is another DIYer today. He's currently cutting out the old sealant and resealing the double glazing in the living room. Clearly the tiny draft would've killed the baby.

kirrinIsland Sat 03-Nov-12 12:35:02

Congratulations madam grin glad all went well. Seth is a lovely name - I've only met one other, and he is a cute as a button!

stunt that's really annoying. Can you not give yourself the day off anyway and just go AWOL?!

Congrats Madam, we are starting the new thread now smile

Sophiathesnowfairy Sat 03-Nov-12 12:31:23

charlee re the nesting, mine has got to stupid heights, I can see myself getting really anal about the cleanliness of the house and keeping on top of the wwashing.....and every night I put DHs slippers on the door mat to ensure he takes his shoes off there instead on walking on the clean tiled floor! confused

I knw it is stupid when I do That, or am wiping a tiny splot off the kitchen cupboard BUT I JUST CAN NOT HELP IT. So am sorry.

Haven't been told off yet though.

MadamGazelleIsMyMum Sat 03-Nov-12 12:29:05

Hello all. Not yet caught up but just a quick message to report that after a long delay yesterday, our son Seth Oscar was born at 1815. The section went really well. I feel great, was up 12 hours later, and they have indicated that I should hopefully be going home today. Seth was not the 10
Pounder he was predicted to be, but a rather more modest 8 lb 7 oz. He is very long though! He is also gorgeous and very cuddly. DD met him this morning and that went well. Feeding good so far, definitely much easier this time as I know what the right latch feels like. Will catch up properly on the threads when at home, and upload a pic when I can.

MissMummy1 Sat 03-Nov-12 12:04:01

Stunt how bloody irritating! I was given 2 weeks notice of the inlaws visit and that pissed me off royally. Inspired by your DH to bake biscuits though......

Fatima I have plenty of jobs if your free? lol

StuntNun Sat 03-Nov-12 11:29:52

Can someone put a link to the new thread on before we run out of space please. I can't do it on my phone.

Turns out DH has invited one of his uni friends round this afternoon along with her husband and his parents! Seriously why can't I be told important things like this in advance? So we're having a mad clear up and he's making biscuits because we don't have anything to offer them apart from Halloween sweets. I wish I could just hide until it's all over, I was expecting the day off angry

Chunkychicken Sat 03-Nov-12 11:23:22

Fatima you can come and help me tomorrow if you want!!! smile

Chunkychicken Sat 03-Nov-12 11:22:41

I resisted the croissant so I have it tomorrow instead!! I made do with a custard cream biscuit, as MIL is coming to take DD to the park and buy lunch whilst we're out, so I want to make the most of her generosity!!! grin

Think baby is LOA this morning, as feeling v subtle movements inside and a hard bum under my ribs (ish, given how engaged baby is)!!

Ha ha Charlee I had to hold a mirror in various positions on Thursday night to do mine, and then do part blind. I did it with an electric strimmer though so no butchering. Then used DHs hair clippers to give the rest of it a number two all over grin He came home to find the clippers in the bathroom and chuntered about my using them for my fufu.
Oh and if you want some housework doing, i'm a nesting extraordinaire at the moment, but I've run out of jobs. I'm going to clean the fridge and freezer out before the tesco man comes but can't think of anything else.

Well I slept well! Had another night without DH so that helped, then woke in the early hours wondering why I hadn't heard him come in when I always hear him.
Turns out he was still at work. He went to work at 7:30pm last night and didn't get home until 6:30am this morning shock So he's currently tucked up in bed trying to catch up on some sleep.
Just worked out that in the last 48 hours he's spent only 13 hours at home and the majority of those he's spent in bed

kirrinIsland Sat 03-Nov-12 10:59:18

I came on here expecting lots of baby announcements - how disappointing!

DH and Sophia hope you are both feeling better soon.

DP would be lucky to get it 2-3 times a week at the best of times, right now I can't even think about it and he doesn't seem to mind - I'm trying not to dwell on the fact that he probably finds me grossly unattractive at the moment.

Passmethecrisps Sat 03-Nov-12 10:59:07

sophia I noticed when I showered the other day that a big clod of hair came out. Seems unfair that it should start thinning before baby even comes out!

Passmethecrisps Sat 03-Nov-12 10:57:23

I don't understand your question chunky. Why would that ever be wrong?

I am extremely jealous of those who can go all night with no weeing. I hae never been able to do that even pre-pregnancy. Some nights I have been every 10 minutes until asleep (which is difficult when you are getting up and down) then at least once an hour for the rest of the night. It must be due to the baby's lie.

I had to do a swab yesterday because even though I have leaukocytes in my urine I have no sign of infection. They want to check I don't have an infection elsewhere.

I feel pretty rough this morning - almost hungover which is weird and annoying.

DH is fascinated by the prospect of a sweep next week. I have told him what they do but he has an urge to research for himself. I think he finds it weird and fascinating in equal measure.

Sophiathesnowfairy Sat 03-Nov-12 10:51:45

Why hair my hair started falling out again? DS was a bit cross to find one in his Cheerios.

No chunky One for you, one for baby wink

I had to ask DP to hold the mirror while I shaved the lady garden on Thursday as no matter which position I get in, I cant see it sad

He is very cringy about this sort of thing and couldnt look which resulted in me butchering myself to death sad

This thread is not accepting new messages.