Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

November 2012 - but that starts on Thursday

(1000 Posts)
StuntNun Fri 26-Oct-12 17:23:18

When are you due lane?

Congrats to blonder and tia smile xx

Iheartpasties Sat 27-Oct-12 10:49:05

We're still going on the old thread smile

pikz Sat 27-Oct-12 10:55:06

Congratulations tia fantastic news.

I am sure I will still be here for a long while yet sad

Iheartpasties Sat 27-Oct-12 10:56:21

ok, we're all done on the old thread now smile

Iheartpasties Sat 27-Oct-12 10:57:50

tits I agree with your dh, your mh should be a priority at the moment. Every midwife is keen to monitor stuff for possible pnd, but why are they ignoring your mh?! It doesnt make sense!

MissMummy1 Sat 27-Oct-12 10:58:35

Congrats tia - we have a family friend called Thea and she is the loveliest woman you could ever meet. Beautiful beautiful name!

Passmethecrisps Sat 27-Oct-12 11:02:28

tits I am beyond furious for you. I just do not get this at all. What do they want you to do? What hospital are you in?

Sorry if this makes no sense - carry over from old thread.

Hello new thread

Passmethecrisps Sat 27-Oct-12 11:05:59

pasties this is my feeling. In the UK abortion is allowed until the very last possible point where the woman's mental health is at significant risk. That's quite correct in my opinion so why in bloody hell is this hospital acting like tits is nothing but a vessel? How far does she need to go before common sense steps in.

Does anyone have any practical experience in dealing with the NHS like this? My fury is not helping.

Peaky1 Sat 27-Oct-12 11:06:27

I'm due on Wednesday! Please oh please can I be next? grin

Passmethecrisps Sat 27-Oct-12 11:11:11

Wouldn't it be great if we could all just take it in turns peaky?

We could have a wall planner type thing and all just politely and calmly book ourselves in.

Sophiathesnowfairy Sat 27-Oct-12 11:13:57

tits it might be worth a post on here somewhere in the pregnancy or. Hold birth category abut how to look into the private stuff as there are always threads about comparing private hospitals etc and plenty of people seem to know all about it.

Am having a small, ok probably minute,insight Into your discomfort as think I have developed head engaged end of the pregnancy spd, which happened with DS as well and I am really uncomfortable in any position.

Good on your bag mmgrin

Much love

Sophiathesnowfairy Sat 27-Oct-12 11:15:08

*childbirth, not hold birth

Where is detective these days?

And I hope all has gone ok for vq

Passmethecrisps Sat 27-Oct-12 11:23:42

Good point about detective. It has gone a bit quiet hasn't it? Wasn't detective having some twinges? She did have the wedding yesterday - maybe it was super-awesome.

MissMummy1 Sat 27-Oct-12 11:23:48

A wall planner with scheduled times for us all to give birth appeals to my inner control freak grin

MissMummy1 Sat 27-Oct-12 11:28:37

My house is (almost) looking presentable again. God, do anyone else's men just leave things at their backside?! He 'tidied' last night. On closer inspection everything has just been shoved under the coffee table/ in cupboards. And I don't even want to think what he has for his lunch today, but judging by the mess of the kitchen, it's a creation Heston would be proud of! Incredibly peeved that I have to constantly sit down and small jobs that would normally take 5 mins are taking forever!

SwissArmyWife Sat 27-Oct-12 11:49:58

Marking place, goodness me I leave this thread for one night and everyone starts popping! Good luck horsey and congratulations to tia smile

MM Yes my DP "tidies" aswell hmm Don't think he realises that for him to pick up clothes and towels off the floor etc is nothing but for me to do it takes ten times longer!

tits I cannot believe they are sending you home, how many weeks are you now?

Passmethecrisps Sat 27-Oct-12 11:53:37

mm you could colour coordinate it as well.

Natanotherone Sat 27-Oct-12 11:57:29

Marking place smile

Congrats on the new arrivals! I'm due Thursday and have my fingers crossed that something starts to happen soon.

x

MissMummy1 Sat 27-Oct-12 12:07:20

Pass you're giving me ideas - my laminated cupboard 'maps' have already made dh consider having me assessed!

MissMummy1 Sat 27-Oct-12 12:15:15

I moved the tv myself. It wasnt heavy at all and I'm feeling mighty chuffed with myself that I've managed to set up the new one AND the old one in our bedroom! ignores fact we no longer seem to have sky... grin

TheDetective Sat 27-Oct-12 12:18:28

Detective was in bed. Doing nothing but sleep. Til 40 mins ago.... grin

Attempting to catch up confused...........!!!

Iheartpasties Sat 27-Oct-12 12:25:22

passme yes yes yes, to what you say regaurding poor tits and the pain she is in and mh etc. i would be in absolute pieces if I was her. I have been in absolute pieces over small things all bloody pregnancy! My midwives have a little questionairre thingy that we have to fill in twice to see if we are coping, ie likey to have pnd. surely they all see good reasonable ways to prevent it, or help lessen it, or something, and leaving someone in agony is not on at all. sorry, rant over. just so upset for all the pgp/spd suffering going on.

Iheartpasties Sat 27-Oct-12 12:25:46

shite, cant spell for toffee. sorry.

TheDetective Sat 27-Oct-12 12:30:49

Catch up done, i'll just echo what everyone else has said with regards to the congratulations and commiserations for the shit times/DH's etc... god we can chat!!! hmm blush

Had a fantastic sleep - seems I'm not the only one grin feeling great today!

Wedding was ok, well, it was lovely, but I'm not really a wedding type of person. I don't think I'll ever get married. Don't get me wrong, the idea of a fairytale dress really appeals to me. But I'd hate to be the centre of attention, having to spend any all that money to bed stood around all day having to accept compliments don't accept compliments, ever! and make small talk.

God I sound like a freak grin

I do feel slightly sad that I won't have the 'experience' but I could never justify it to myself! The best I'll do is to go abroad and get married. But even that is pushing it!

Sorry - no glam pictures. Despite major hints, not one arsing bastard took a picture of me. Even DP. The Twat! Screw them all!

I ended up with chicken for the meal - for those who remembered me moaning about the fish haha! Food was surprisingly lovely, I'm not one for posh food, but this was really good! Even if the evening food was a hog roast, and when I asked DP to see if there was anything for veggies, he came back saying no. But when I went, I got some veggie stuff hmm. I only asked him to go because I really really didn't want to go in a room where a hog roast was being served... blerghhhhh.

(I'm 39 weeks now - Operation baby eviction commences TODAY! I am now joining the GET THIS DAMN BABY OUT club! It has obliged and stayed put for as long as I wanted needed it too! Very good baby! Maybe it will be even better and arrive tonight.

I got a lot of surprised looks yesterday when I said how long I had left, mmy own Dad was like, where the heck are you hiding it all! None of them saw me in the 'showing' stage of pregnancy last time, my Dad has never seen me pregnant. So I think they were all shocked I wasn't the size of a whale. Even if I do feel like it! I did get a bit bigger by the end of the evening though... all that food grin

Hope everyone is planning lovely weekends not having babies before me you buggers!

Iheartpasties Sat 27-Oct-12 12:31:05

mm1 one tv each in the bedroom?! And naughty you for moving heavy tv. tut tut.

This thread is not accepting new messages.