Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

April 2013....from Flumper to Bump! (Part 4)

(1000 Posts)
toobreathless Mon 22-Oct-12 22:13:07

Over here!

Another place for us April 2013 Ladies!

We have old thread & stats threads as below:

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/antenatal_clubs/1569780-April-2013-part-3-scan-scan-scan

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/antenatal_clubs/1560543-April-2013-stats-thread

As the days darken & winter approaches may this thread bring us all blossoming bumps, peaceful nights & more friendship and laughter.

bunnygirl80 Sun 02-Dec-12 01:52:00
enjay0811 Sun 02-Dec-12 00:34:30

Welcome jsa and queen too!

enjay0811 Sun 02-Dec-12 00:33:20

Ooh ratbag I love savannah!....maybe another to add to our girls shortlist! trish I was in next earlier and they now have a baby boutique section online, changing bags looked really nice from what I saw!

Totally unrelated but putting my Xmas tree up 2moro with dd's and think I'm more excited than them! grin

20+1 Yay - halfway there!

ratbagcatbag Sat 01-Dec-12 23:30:31

Hi all

Currently feeling very sorry for myself as got horrendous upset stomach and haven't moved from the bathroom in the last hr.

Names always cheer me up though.

Girl will be Lucy Savannah
Boywill be Zachariah Chase.

Everyone knows these so have possibly completely outed myself. smile

Glad everyone seems to be doing ok.

22+6

Missmuffet28 Sat 01-Dec-12 23:24:29

Ooh haven't even delved into the world of changing bags yet! Can't wait for that!!

Someone should make us a new thread again grin we used this one already!

Very nearly almost 21+0

Trishstar Sat 01-Dec-12 22:43:55

Steph it will need to double up as my bag too so will be used lots and if possible I'd prefer something that doesn't look like a changing bag iykwim?

Will spend up to £60. xx

steph2412 Sat 01-Dec-12 22:37:03

Hi trish ive always had mine from mothercare or matching bag with pushchair,i dont think it matters obv depends how much your going to use it x

Trishstar Sat 01-Dec-12 22:25:18

Ladies need your advice!! Where is best to buy changing bags? Have any of you used eBay or always bought new? xx

steph2412 Sat 01-Dec-12 22:17:16

I no i was so shocked at my scan and i already have 2dcs. It is amazing how quickly they grow!

HavingALittleFaithBaby Sat 01-Dec-12 22:14:08

That's reassuring steph. I have to go into work tomorrow and I really don't want to! So I'm pretty much ready for bed now.
One app says at 19 weeks the baby is 6 inches, at 20 weeks it's 10 inches. 4 inches growth in a week! shock No wonder we're shattered!

steph2412 Sat 01-Dec-12 21:51:01

Havealittlefaithbaby ive been feeling the same so tired like everything is an effort also think it is due to bump getting bigger. i was amazed that at 12Week scan baby measured 5cm and at 20week scan measured 20cm so our bodies are doing a lot. i have another scan in the morning to check babys heart as he was just to active for the measurments on tuesday. sorry to go on just good to put it all down!

HavingALittleFaithBaby Sat 01-Dec-12 19:59:16

grin

Welcome to the newbies! queen it took us 2 years 8 months to conceive so I get how you feel. I was incredibly anxious and have cried at each significant moment - 12 week scan, 16 week appt with hearing baby's heart beat but after a certain point DH told me I had to stop being so negative for all our sakes. My mantra has been There is no reason to believe this will be anything but a healthy pregnancy, so far, so good! smile

jacq how scary for you sad glad things seem to have settled for you and bump!

mama keep hanging in there, you're so close to that 24 week target now!

I'm not feeling great at the moment. Someone at work yesterday said I looked "rough" and today DH told me I looked grey, even more than before I'd get AF confused He must have been worried, he deposited me on the couch and made me lunch! He nearly didn't go out on his work Christmas do but I insisted I'd be ok. I am assuming this is just run of the mill pregnancy fatigue. Anyone else feeling/felt like this?

19+4

SneezySnatcher Sat 01-Dec-12 19:46:48

grin

JaquelineHyde Sat 01-Dec-12 19:32:05

HAHA LOOK..............................

grin grin grin grin

It's CHRISTMAS!

steph2412 Sat 01-Dec-12 18:29:09

Welcome newcomers ive had quite a busy day putting xmas decs up really getting in festive spirit!dh brought me a big box of my fave lindor chocs today want baby to enjoy them to lol!

bext Sat 01-Dec-12 14:47:07

Hello queen welcome to the group.
I know what you're feeling. Ours was three years in the making and after so much disappointment, false starts, frustrations and sadness along the way it took us ages to actually believe we were pregnant. We'd got so used to assuming the worst because that was the best way to avoid disappointment.

But now's the time for us to actually enjoy it! We've made it this far and all being well at our 20w scans, then I reckon we should just (for once!) let ourselves believe that this is ok and we have a right to be preggers!!

So that's my rant over too! grin

And thanks for the advice on swollen legs everyone. I had a three hour choir rehearsal last night and massive cankles by the time I got home. So I got myself a pair of flight socks before this morning's rehearsal and seem to have retained some semblance of ankle!

18+4

QueenofNightmares Sat 01-Dec-12 14:34:37

Hello all, hoping to join you all here as I could use the support of other mums to be. I'm 20 +1 Scans on Wednesday everythings been so straight forward and easy baby is so so very wanted and has been 5 years in the making smile but I'm scared because this baby is so wanted that something will go wrong because it feels I just don't deserve to be this happy and have something so wonderful when I already have my beautiful DD. Sorry for the rant there.

Jsa1980 Sat 01-Dec-12 13:24:53

Hehe we couldn't agree on girls names, luckily it's a boy!

wishfulthinking1 Sat 01-Dec-12 12:43:51

Oooh- name chat!!

DH and I had a conversation about it a while ago- we didn't agree and haven't talked about it since!

Girls names are so easy- there are a stack we could choose from and agree on, but boys names much harder.

I'd always imagined having a son named after my dad, but DH thinks this would be too confusing and we should use my dads name as a middle name. Names I really like- Tom, Jack, William have all been used by SIL's so I'm stumped! secretly hoping that after trauma of labour, if its a boy- I can just call him my dads name and hubby will just go along with it tbh though, I doubt that would happen so could do with another contender just in case!
X

FlaminNoraImPregnantPanda Sat 01-Dec-12 10:55:27

Hi JSA, welcome to our group.

Teapig I'm the opposite on the Irish names. I have Irish citizenship (duel) and I want one that impossible to spell and looks nothing like it's pronounced. My husband has vetoed this because he suspects my reasons are more linked to my willingness to wind up the natives (here in Sweden), who will be utterly flummoxed by it, than by my heritage. grin

EmpressMatilda Sat 01-Dec-12 10:46:04

Welcome jsa1980. I am also 22 weeks. Due 5th April. Hope you get as much joy, advice, and reassurance from this thread as I do.

Some lovely names floating around. Mama that's a great choice. Such strong fighting names too for the little fighter he will be. Alexander is one of my all time favourites and Thor is likely to be our son's middle name too as it was the only suggestion my DH made that I like! So if my DH liked Alexander our boy's name would be the same as yours! Alas, I can't win him round. Samuel Thor is looking likely. Yours is better though!

Can't remember who said it but Aurelia is a lovely name and is one of our shortlisted girls' names.

Seems we are more on a name wavelength with other people than I ever thought!

I really ought to get myself to some NCT sales. If I didn't have this miserable cold I'd be out there! Eagerly awaiting news of other people's experiences and any tips I can pick up. I am an NCT member -not sure if that gets me in ahead of the crush?!

Jsa1980 Sat 01-Dec-12 10:29:25

Morning

Just thought I'd introduce myself.

I'm 33, 22 weeks pregnant with a baby boy who we have decided to call Louie. I've been so luck with this pregnancy no issues at all (touches wood). Due on 6th of April and although not planned (on the pill) I am really looking forward to being a Mum.

So basically Hi everyone due in April 2013

photochick Sat 01-Dec-12 10:16:31

Teapig we did our first NCT sale last night. Seriously scary how much stuff people have! Picked up a few clothing bits and bobs, a bath, and a used Quinny Zapp for my parents for £15 which seemed a bargain. My DH was also thrilled by the huge box of duplo we got!
Great scan news from everyone. Scan still 2 weeks away (sigh) so it's all neutrals at the moment. Have a long list of boys and girls names - William / Faye being the top two I think.

Teapig Sat 01-Dec-12 09:19:07

Going to my first NCT sale today, so excited! If anyone has any advice on how early to get there let me know, I'm not a member but hoping to get there early enough so we're not right at the back of the queue.

Love the name talk. Now we know it's a girl DH and I are trying to come up with something we can agree on. I love Isobel but my friend has an Isobel so have to rule that one out. DH loves Irish names, we're both from Irish lineage but DH's family has a much stronger connection and I know he'd love an Irish name. I like a lot of Irish names but also want a name that's fairly easy to spell.

Your DD has made a great name choice mama.
Congratulations milktray. Jaqueline really pleased your scan went welll. Cadmum, I'm thinking of you often. Your are an amazing person, stay strong during this difficult time.

bunnygirl80 Sat 01-Dec-12 08:17:20

jaqueline hope you're feeling better. Glad your scan showed a normal bladder, and here's hoping your next scan shows those cysts are nothing to worry about.

I love seeing everyone's name shortlists. I'm going to be a party pooper and keep my mouth shut about my preferred names, because I really don't want anyone in rl to know until we announce it after the birth. I have friends who want to know, and I'm not telling, and they know full well I post on here and they're not afraid of a bit of mn stalking.

I do have a number of rules
1 no names beginning with A because its the first letter of our surname and I don't like alliterative names
2 nothing beginning with N because it'll lead to an unfortunate nickname due to our surname
3 nothing that ends in a y or an e sound because that will rhyme with our surname and I don't like rhyming names
4 I'm not bothered about popularity (DS's name has been number 1 in NSW for about 5 years) but nothing faddy. So it can be a well used classic but not something that will say "born in 2013"

So far all of DH's suggestions have fallen foul of one or more of my rules grin

This thread is not accepting new messages.