Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

April 2013....from Flumper to Bump! (Part 4)

(1000 Posts)
toobreathless Mon 22-Oct-12 22:13:07

Over here!

Another place for us April 2013 Ladies!

We have old thread & stats threads as below:

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/antenatal_clubs/1569780-April-2013-part-3-scan-scan-scan

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/antenatal_clubs/1560543-April-2013-stats-thread

As the days darken & winter approaches may this thread bring us all blossoming bumps, peaceful nights & more friendship and laughter.

birdbrain17 Thu 22-Nov-12 16:45:36

Oh yeah I just remembered forgot to say in my earlier post re:childbirth classes, I asked a few friends of mine whether they paid for nct or went to the free nhs ones at the hospital and the friends who went to nhs said the classes were fine and one friend who did both said after going to the nhs ones it was a waste of money to pay for nct. I know this was being discussed not long ago so hope it can help people make up there minds.

kellestar Thu 22-Nov-12 16:50:10

I started a what to knit/crochet when you are expecting thread in arts and crafts.

FlaminNoraImPregnantPanda Thu 22-Nov-12 17:42:02

Just checking in. Can't keep up with how fast this thread moves. Faster than the shawl I'm knitting, which is coming along, if painfully slowly.

EssexWelsh Thu 22-Nov-12 18:41:49

It's a boy!!!! Argh so excited! Was convinced it was a girl so just getting my head around it, even the miserable as sin sonographer couldn't dampen our mood!

20+5

toobreathless Thu 22-Nov-12 18:52:29

7 girls
8 boys
9 surprises

How very neat!! Appeals to my slightly obsessive personality!

Congrats leluella & EssexWessex, Essex is this DC2? - or am I imagining that?!

Teapig Thu 22-Nov-12 19:10:03

Congratulations luella and eseex! So great to see more fab scan news.

I have a question. I haven't had any sensations in my belly until today. This afternoon I felt a series of sharpish twinges below the belly button. They come and go, at first I thought they were kicks (not felt anything yet) but now I think they are too strong for that. It's nothing like fluttering or popping so perhaps it's stretching pains? I wouldn't say it's painful but it is sharp.

Shoould be worried?

19+1

Mama1980 Thu 22-Nov-12 20:28:35

Congratulations luella and essex so great to hear happy scan news!

JessieEssex Thu 22-Nov-12 20:48:19

teapig I'd say you were feeling movements! They're very weird at first... Yay!

Teapig Thu 22-Nov-12 21:09:52

Thanks Jessie. I have no idea as this is my first, would be lovely if it is movement. I'm thinking it could also be stretching as baby grows.

HavingALittleFaithBaby Thu 22-Nov-12 21:21:49

I've started feeling movement in the last week (am 18+2 too!). Just like bring gently tickled from the inside. It's mostly when I'm really quiet and still - sitting still on breaks at work, lying in bed at night - and particularly when I've had a cold drink!

Giddypants Thu 22-Nov-12 21:24:08

Is anyone else's boobs leaking, just put on my PJ's and have a yellowish mark nipple area.

kellestar Thu 22-Nov-12 21:52:56

giddy completely normal. Mine leaked from 21 weeks last time. Usually some smells or when I was emotional [or horny]. DH's brother smells divine and will make my nipples ache, since I stopped breastfeeding, but last pg and when I was BF'ing he smelled so good my nipples leaked. blush it's a good thingm means your boobs are getting ready.

You may need some breast pads... recommend re-washables from boots. I would have gone through tons of disposables otherwise.

teapig sounds like kicks to me. DD used to attack anything that came up against the bump, had to sit funny at my desk otherwise she'd fidget about. DH used to put his hand on my bump, with a little bit of pressure and she'd kick away. She even hated my warm mugs balanced on my bump. Or DH's cold cider.

Trishstar Thu 22-Nov-12 21:57:24

I'm leaking too!!!

Terrible time at work at the moment, don't want to bore you all with it but I'm going to speak to my MW soon to find out about stress in the workplace and how much my big bosses can load on me when I have team that are under performing.

On the plus side used my Doppler when I just got in from work and I feel better now x puts things into perspective. Only 3 more months to get thru at work!

EssexWelsh Thu 22-Nov-12 22:00:16

No is DC1 toobreathless, hence über excited

Missmuffet28 Thu 22-Nov-12 22:18:00

Wow loads of great scans now! mine is tomorrow morning and I'm bricking it I know I'm not going to sleep! I didn't particularly sleep last night thinking about it! I'm sure it will be fine but just really feel like I need some hand holding for some reason?! I got a feeling mines a boy but guess ill find out tomorrow!

Been really tired this week been working a lot again sad not 12 hr shift like some of you I really don't know how you do that! Guess I'm just not used to it!

I know I had at least 1 scan buddy tomorrow (grr cant remember who!) so good luck to them too and any more!

19+4

usernamegoeshere Thu 22-Nov-12 23:00:07

Missmuffet its me! mine is tomorrow afternoon, so won't be able to update till the evening. I was excited about it all day but now I'm quite nervous. I think mines a girl!

So good luck for tomorrow & anyone else going tomorrow too!

edinfirst Thu 22-Nov-12 23:48:49

Yay leluella and Essex all well at scan here too. Can't quite believe how big my wee bumpkin is getting! The sonographer took loads of detailed measurements but in my notes now there's just one sheet with really basic measurement and info aboutmy (anterior) placenta-does anyone know if the other measurements are meant to be in there?

breathless just to add to the fair distribution, we are having a surprise which make's today's total 1 girl, 1boy and 1 surprise (I think, sorry if baby brain has changed sex of one of the others!!)

20+0, half way there!?!

edinfirst Thu 22-Nov-12 23:51:34

P's good luck username and missmuffet I am quite envious of you still to see your wee one again. I know it's medical and a bit nerve wracking, but it's also really magical so enjoy!

Teapig Fri 23-Nov-12 07:42:05

Congratulations edin! Good luck today missmuffet and username.

Thanks for the reassurance kellestar, would be lovely if it was kicks, just want to feel the baby now. It was pretty strong and I hadn't felt anything before but perhaps I didn't realise before as this is my first and baby decided to give me a bloody good booting so I could feel it.

Hope work gets better for you trish, sounds like you need to talk to your boss about lightening the load. I can relate to that as work is pretty stressful right now. Last night I dreamt I'd been given an hour to prepare a really important presentation which I had to deliver in English and then in French, I can just about order a coffee in French. Clearly an anxiety dream, thank god it's Friday!

Mama1980 Fri 23-Nov-12 08:58:11

Morning, good luck to everyone with scans today. I'll be thinking of you and watching out for the updates smile
A guy from foetal medicine has reviewed my scans and is coming to see me today, no idea why but my consultant assured me they looked good so......its just a endless round of dr s sometimes. Sorry didnt sleep so am a little cranky.

Trishstar Fri 23-Nov-12 09:21:41

Teapig thank you! I am the boss tho so the people applying the pressure are my area and regional manager :-(

Oh well eyes on the prize!!! Xxx

Emmie10 Fri 23-Nov-12 16:13:21

I had my scan this morning but didn't find out so another surprise for the list!

usernamegoeshere Fri 23-Nov-12 16:30:26

My scan went well! As predicted its a girl, was super wriggly but everything was measured fine and is healthy and perfect!

How was Missmuffet?

20 weeks today!

Missmuffet28 Fri 23-Nov-12 16:44:16

Hey all been super busy at work (had to go staright there!) and had no time to update, had a super wriggly bambino took ages to get measurements had to go toilet and jig about a bit but she said all looked fantastic, she has booked me in for another scan at 36 weeks she said my placenta was borderline low (i dont even know what this means if im honest!) said she possibly didnt even need to book it in but did anyway so although I was slightly disheartened I took her advice aboard and just saw it as another chance to see my wriggler!

Well I was right I have a boy! So can add another to the list and can now buy some blue bits :D

Enough about me hope everyone else is ok! And yay for my scan buddies smile

19+5

Teapig Fri 23-Nov-12 17:05:25

Hooray for the great scan news! Congratulations all!

This thread is not accepting new messages.