Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

April 2013....from Flumper to Bump! (Part 4)

(1000 Posts)
toobreathless Mon 22-Oct-12 22:13:07

Over here!

Another place for us April 2013 Ladies!

We have old thread & stats threads as below:

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/antenatal_clubs/1569780-April-2013-part-3-scan-scan-scan

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/antenatal_clubs/1560543-April-2013-stats-thread

As the days darken & winter approaches may this thread bring us all blossoming bumps, peaceful nights & more friendship and laughter.

toobreathless Mon 22-Oct-12 22:15:46

Damn it!! Tried so hard it get it right & typo in the title! That should be 'from FLUMP to Bump' stupid iphOne autocorrect.

HavingALittleFaithBaby Mon 22-Oct-12 22:22:27

I like 'flumper' smile marking my spot!

FlaminNoraImPregnantPanda Mon 22-Oct-12 22:57:20

2 more sleeps till judgment day. Yikes! shock

usernamegoeshere Mon 22-Oct-12 23:03:32

yey new thread!

welcome to the new people, can't believe how full we are now!

Quad test tomorrow! While there I am going to go harrass midwives, after I chased them last week I really thought they would do what they promised & phone me today to arrange appointment but they didn't.

15+3

Missmuffet28 Mon 22-Oct-12 23:15:57

Flump is a word I try not to say it makes me embarrassed its what my bits were referred to when i was a little one grin
I love this busy thread always something to catch up with!

Hope everyone is ok will catch up in the morning for now I have a head ache and neeeed sleep sad

14+6

EssexWelsh Tue 23-Oct-12 07:18:46

Well done ladies starting new thread and LOVE flumper, couldn't describe it better in 1 word how I have been feeling! Plus my autocorrect choices on my iPhone were 'frumpier', 'plumper' and 'glum her' again what exact explanations of how I look grin

chocoloco12 Tue 23-Oct-12 07:28:24

Off to EPAU sad

wishfulthinking1 Tue 23-Oct-12 07:39:05

Are you ok choco? Thinking of you x

Mama1980 Tue 23-Oct-12 07:48:04

Oh no chocoloco thinking of you xxx

kellestar Tue 23-Oct-12 07:58:19

Oh choco, hoping all goes well.

Giddypants Tue 23-Oct-12 08:13:43

choco hope all is ok?

just marking my place
choco hope all is ok

tattooedapril87 Tue 23-Oct-12 08:28:05

i don't know how to add to the stats can someone do it for me?

twins-april 16-queens hospital!

im still here- just lurking in background thinking over double buggies, double birth, double nappies, double everything!!

Ollibobs Tue 23-Oct-12 08:34:34

Keeping everything crossed for you choco

chocoloco12 Tue 23-Oct-12 09:55:59

Thank you everyone, just come out, feel much happier now, baby is fine and growing well, but they can see where I'm bleeding, it is inside where the baby is (not very technical!) but they are not sure if its coming from placenta or not, although it is a good thing aparently that its not behind the placenta, they will scan me every 2 weeks to check size of bleed and that baby is ok xxx and there's me thinking oh lovely 9months with no periods!!

Hope everyone is ok, how you doing mama? Also congratulations on your two little monkeys tattooed

14+5

JessieEssex Tue 23-Oct-12 09:57:50

Just marking my place. Good to hear your news choco - sounds like they will be keeping a good eye on you.

Anyone still feeling sick?

17+2

Mama1980 Tue 23-Oct-12 10:04:57

Hi chocoloco - phew thank goodness baby is ok.smile I've been thinking if you since I saw your message. I am also bleeding from inside my uterus unfortunately in my case the blood is coming from the placenta where it attaches to the uterus causing the placenta to break/not form properly.
Glad they are going keeping such a close eye on you, it's very scary.
How are you feeling? I hope you are being looked after and fussed over grin
I'm ok thanks have a dr coming to talk to me about how they'll rebuilt my hips again once the baby is born today- it s a laugh a minute here wink
Take care of yourself xxx
17+4 I think!

chocoloco12 Tue 23-Oct-12 10:25:35

Thank you mama, I have been thinking of you too, I hope baby can hang on as long as possible for you and glad you are being looked after, you're in the best place! Hips rebuilt? I have not read all your previous posts yet do not sure of your history! Yes it is very scary but I feel so much better for seeing the baby kicking about [happy] and will be counting down the days until next scan! They were going to sign me off for 2 weeks but I said no (can't afford it really!) but everyone at work knows I will be taking it easy, dp is also brilliant, don't generally have to lift a finger at home!
Except on days DD1 is not at nursery- she's relentless!! I bet you are missing your DCs, hope you're finding things to keep you occupied, at least some of the time, I really feel for you sad

14+5
xxxx

chocoloco12 Tue 23-Oct-12 10:26:45

Rubbish! Meant smile not happy!!

FlaminNoraImPregnantPanda Tue 23-Oct-12 10:28:52

Jessie not feeling sick anymore but still exhausted.

birdbrain17 Tue 23-Oct-12 10:38:09

Well I was feeling a bit ill all of yesterday and when I got home think I threw up everything I had eaten since the weekend (sorry if tmi) and then I was up in the night again throwing up more so I've taken the day off work today and lying in bed sipping some flat coke, and willing it to stay down, propped up on cushions as my back kills. It's really weird the first 12 weeks I didn't throw up once and since then I've been sick about 4 times I don't know if it's because I'm pg or I keep catching bugs either way I'm feeling really miserable so just had to have a little sympathy post to myself on here...

welcome to all the newbies smile
16+2

FlaminNoraImPregnantPanda Tue 23-Oct-12 12:09:36

Crikey, exhausted doesn't cover it. I just put a load of washing on and hung another up to dry. I could barely lift my arms to put it over the line. Now I feel like I've run a marathon. Second trimester energy please come my way.

somewherebecomingrain Tue 23-Oct-12 12:14:15

hi all

choco glad its going well

mama hope you've got some books and box sets to entertain you and take your mind of things? you are so brave, i can't believe my eyes reading what you are going through.

birdbrain i had an attack of vomiting last week (15 weeks) after a couple of weeks of it apparently ebbing. it's wierd. so sorry to hear it - it's no fun AT ALL.

xx

trying2bpos Tue 23-Oct-12 12:21:59

Yay new thread how exciting not sure if I have a flump or a bump yet.

Welcome to newbies, we're nearly at a 100 now!

Sorry you're feeling rotten bird sounds like a bug and probably because your immune system gets suppressed when you're pg!

My cold just seems to keep getting worse and everytime I lie down phlegm makes me cough and wakes me up, sorry if tmi. Anyone got any good tips?

Had 16 w appt and mw tried to listen to hb, I've got another wriggler though and it seems as soon as they get close the baby is off. DS was exactly the same. She said she could see the baby moving though, weird, i must try and look for that. Did make me feel like all the rippling movements I've felt are not just in my head though grin. I think the hb sounded a bit like a train though so maybe it's a boy LOL, can't remember who posted that gem but I love it!

This thread is not accepting new messages.