Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

November 2012 - babies arriving thick and fast

(1000 Posts)
StuntNun Mon 22-Oct-12 07:31:21
Iheartpasties Sat 27-Oct-12 07:57:44

mm1 for quite some time dh was forgetful or not listening, i got a white board and wrote things on there!! haha, he still ignored it though!!

I'll take anything pastry like and freshly baked please smile

DP was funny yesterday, the midwife came in and was talking about induction and DP was just gobsmacked and did the whole "omg this one next week I could have a child..." shock face apparently 9 months was not enough for him to think about it grin

Very hungry here, where is the bringer of toast?!

MissMummy1 Sat 27-Oct-12 08:01:07

pasties I've even put a big sign on the tv - move upstairs!! Totally ignored. I'm tempted to ask the man next door to do it then tell dh I did it myself. He would freak out at the thought of me lifting something heavy!

Why can't you lift heavy things when you're pregnant btw?

Iheartpasties Sat 27-Oct-12 08:05:10

mm1 in case the baby falls out! no, sorry joking. probably in case you put your back out, we're full of relaxin or something thats makes all your ligament slacken off. oh dear not very medically correct i shouldnt think.

tits you want to say to them 'news flash, yes the baby will be here soon!!'. men!!

Congrats blonder!

Sophiathesnowfairy Sat 27-Oct-12 08:16:52

titsi love hospital toast!

I am lying in bed and I have an achey pain where my legs meet me body and I don't want to get up, only into a hot bath, but the boys are out so there is no one to run it.
I must get up though I have pre delivery waxing this morning.

georgee Sat 27-Oct-12 08:38:03

Congratulations blonder and good luck horsey! I'll nip over to the other thread to congratulate Tia!

Glad good nights' sleeps were had by some - I was expecting a terrible one as DD got a cold yesterday but despite a few noises in the night she didn't need re-settling and actually slept til 7, which was ace! Must remember the clocks go back tonight ...

Hurrah it's the weekend and DH is here to help. I'm sure I'll get increasingly happy about this as the weeks pass. He says he'll take DD out to the supermarket. I think I'll do some Natal Hypnotherapy.

Very jealous about your pasties, pasties!

Passmethecrisps Sat 27-Oct-12 09:40:47

Morning. Yum yum to pasties! How delicious!

Never had hospital toast.

Still no word from VQ. Baby cuddles must be super awesome

Hooray for Saturday. We are going to walk into town to pick up my cardi from next then go to the pub so DH can have some beers. Might be the last for a while.

Yep MM we are all floppy so lifting heavy stuff is not good for us. Get the neighbour to do it and tell your DH that neighbour did it! Shame him! Glad you feel better BTW

Passmethecrisps Sat 27-Oct-12 09:43:53

You seem chirpy this morning tits. Finally being listened to just have made a massive difference .

MissMummy1 Sat 27-Oct-12 09:44:21

Yay yay yay! I'm getting my changing bag! Because (and I quote) DH has "been a selfish twat over the past few weeks and realised this morning that I'm actually quite an easy pregnant woman to live with" - apparently his workmate's pregnant missus just phoned and ranted/screamed/cried at him for 'no reason' ! (as you ladies know, there is ALWAYS a reason, even if we don't know it ourselveso we know it doesn't make sense!!)

Anyway, decided on [[ http://www.greenchild.co.uk/baby-changing-bags/satchel-peace-blossom-changing-bag-2113527-395165-702429.php this one]] as it's the least obvious 'changing bag' that is a changing bag, so I can use it afterwards as a book bag or whatever too grin

MissMummy1 Sat 27-Oct-12 09:45:43
Passmethecrisps Sat 27-Oct-12 09:59:44

Hooray MM! It's lovely. My goodness me you need a treat.

Lane81 Sat 27-Oct-12 10:03:27

Congrats blonder and tiaaargo! How exciting horsey keep us posted!!

Really want to join you ladies!!

Iheartpasties Sat 27-Oct-12 10:04:06

Lush bag mm

Iheartpasties Sat 27-Oct-12 10:05:52

mmI'm glad your dh realises he has been a twat, thats all that matters at the end of the day smile none of us are perfect.

Pasties were lusho!

sad too busy to do anything so I'm being sent home until next Friday where they will asses again :'(

Iheartpasties Sat 27-Oct-12 10:17:12

tits no way, is there anyway you can refuse to leave?

They're so full apparently they're filtering people off to different hospitals, I think I'm going to try calling around to discuss private care, there must be someone somewhere that can help me. Im in floods here just getting into a wheelchair to use the toilet. Does anyone know how private health care works? Can I just call up and request to be seen ASAP or do I need to do it through a regular hospital, looks like any savings we have will have to go. sad

Iheartpasties Sat 27-Oct-12 10:27:46

tits I dont know anything about private care in the uk I'm affraid. Can you get your dh to ring someone like bupa and enquire? Over here you have to have had private health insurance for a certain amount of time before you can claim for anything pregnancy related.

I'm not worried about insurance and claiming, I'll get DP to call Bupa and see of they have any advice at all, PALS aren't open today. I appreciate there are ladies needing urgent delivery but to jus send me home because they've exhausted their capacity isn't a solution. How the hell do I cope at home in a wheelchair in a bloody 2 up 2 down with 2 children?!
Sorry that isn't a question as such but an angry vent, I've offered to go to a different hospital I don't give a toss where this baby is born now I just want some relief. I haven't even got pain relief but they're only
In trust with one other hospital and they're also not taking any non priorities. sad

Iheartpasties Sat 27-Oct-12 10:46:09

tits I'm so annoyed on your behalf! I wish I was a bit more clued up on private health in the uk. Sorry.

Feel free rant, it's what we're here for.

MissMummy1 Sat 27-Oct-12 10:53:16

Tits I really feel for you. I'm clueless too on the private front, but from the little I do know, it's often the same doctors etc. There should be someone in the hospital you can ask. Is there anyway you can go to another trust? (sorry probably a stupid question). Sending lots of hugs your way though xxxxx

Thanks ladies - I think its the one I love best too! He's a thoughtless twunt sometimes, and normally it would take a lot more than 'buying me' to get back into my good books, but he knows how much having a nice bag means to me so I guess I can forgive him a little.

All my energy has been sapped up by hoovering sad

I've just had a full on breakdown on the midwife in charge who flounced out the cubicle, she seems quite angry at the hospital.
DP is getting irate and talking about legal action for the effect it's having on my mh. Also he quite rightly said, as a high risk delivery, what happens I this stress send me into labour, where are they going to put me then if everywhere is full?
They've lost my notes too (very convenient) angry I can safely say I will NEVER use the maternity services here again of I can help it. angry

Iheartpasties Sat 27-Oct-12 10:55:24

Last two posts

Iheartpasties Sat 27-Oct-12 10:55:51

bye old thread, hello new one smile

This thread is not accepting new messages.