Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

November 2012 - babies arriving thick and fast

(1000 Posts)
StuntNun Mon 22-Oct-12 07:31:21
katkit1 Mon 22-Oct-12 13:55:05

Long time lurker, first time poster. Been to see midwife today (36 weeks) and the head is engaged. I knew at the back of my mind that I'm having a baby but it's sort of hit me properly today, I'm not sure why I've not really thought about it until today. The nursery is organised, everything is done, feel quite tearful about it - silly hormones.

MadamGazelleIsMyMum Mon 22-Oct-12 14:06:15

georgee I know, I love it so much. In another life I would be a screen writer like Aaron Sorkin. Brilliant.

As for other box sets - nothing has quite hit the mark since TWW. I basically finish 7 and start 1 again. I'm not watching as intensively now its about my 7th run, but they will get well watched again this mat leave. My work bought me Rome series 1 and 2 as that is meant to be quite good.

kitkat1 hello. I think hormones have a lot to answer for - I have been very hormonal last couple of days. Take it easy and dont be hard on yourself. Your body is doing something very special and is gearing up for big physical and emotional changes and you are allowed to feel a bit overwhelmed and teary about that.

Good luck to yw!!

Have put all baby's clothes in my hospital bag now. All washed and ready to go, just need last min things for me like toiletries and camera etc so will obv do those last min grin

3 weeks worth MadamGazelle? Wow you are organised. I don't have much energy to do anything but I'm bored at the same time. Perhaps I will plan my weekly shops.

I've started packing my hospital bag but seem to be missing something. I'll have a look at the lists on FB.

Izzy I really think that SPD is shockingly under estimated how debilitating it can be especially for ladies that already have families to care for, the physio quite correctly says there is nothing more she can do for me and the only painkillers I can take are going to effect baby. Now luckily I have DP although he does have to work, but I wonder what they expect single mothers to do or ladies who have DPs working away or in the forces?
I think if you're at a point in pregnancy where delivering the baby would be safe then it should be at least discussed. Our trust don't offer inductions until term and even then you really have to kick up an almighty fuss to get it, it makesme cross that we are left to suffer. Anyway rant over!

ValiumQueen Mon 22-Oct-12 14:11:56

Thank you poppet for updating us. Good luck YW

Bumped into one of my clients in day care today. Just what I needed. Especially with her partner there too, who has been a tad threatening at times. I think a call to the hospital is in order as I do not want to be in the same bay post op.

tits moan all you like. That is what we are here for. Sorry you have been so let down.

Poppet45 Mon 22-Oct-12 14:14:14

Hi again just spoke to mr yw and she's doing grand and making friends with gas and air. All being well bed shortages down south mean she can stay on the island. Whoot!

Welcome kat. It's very real all of a sudden isn't it?

Whenever anyone calls me now I get asked if I have any pains etc. Will drive me balmy if I go overdue and have another 5.5 weeks of this.

How many clothes is everyone packing for the baby? So far I've packed 2 vests, socks, 2 sleep suits, 2 hats, going home outfit and nappies. I'm planning on coming home as soon as possible afterwards but my mum will be able to bring me more if I need it. Does it sound enough?

ValiumQueen Mon 22-Oct-12 14:22:31

That sounds plenty apple what I do is set out little bags with labels on for my clothes and baby clothes so all he has to do is pick up however many packs I have requested. All the little bags have a complete change of clothes in.

poppet I do hope YW gets to stay on the island.

katkit1 Mon 22-Oct-12 14:37:54

Thanks georgee I think I'm amazed I've gone this far without really thinking about it all. I feel much better after a cup of tea. I'm looking forward to attending very late ante-natal classes which I think will help too.

horseylady Mon 22-Oct-12 14:40:29

Packed 6 vests 6 sleep suits apple with the other bits laid out for dh if we need more!

Good luck yw!!! How exciting!!! Hope you get to stay on the island!!

I've bought the cutest suit today for the baby!! He's going to look very smart!! Also got my nursing bras. First time I've looked at myself with no (well I had leggings on!!) clothes on pregnant. I look bloody poor sad I'm like just awful looking!! Glad clothes cover a multitude of sins!!!! Poor lady in m&s. Had a nice lunch with mum though as well!!

Feel shattered, look shattered and now going food shopping!

kissyfur Mon 22-Oct-12 14:42:25

Wow v exciting news about YW! Thanks for the updates poppet hope she gets to stay on the island if she can

Sorry things are tough with the SPD tits and izzy it's hard enough being this pregnant as it is, having that to contend with too must be hellish thanks

Had my scan this morning, estimated weight of baby was 7lb 5 already! It's no wonder I'm having trouble breathing with a baby that big squashing my lungs. Quite glad he/she is coming out the sunroof now wink

Didn't go for lunch with work as feeling too rubbish with this cough. Consultant appt bit later on then tonight we are making pizza for tea smile

kissyfur Mon 22-Oct-12 14:45:27

Oh and huge congrats lolly! Lovely to hear your birth story smile

kissyfur Mon 22-Oct-12 14:47:30

And welcome katkit smile

Ohh exciting stuff with YW good luck!

I'm sitting here with my blood pressure rising, talking to both MIL and DP on fb and I have DP telling me of all the lunches and dinners he is attending in the coming weeks and I'm just typing "Oh right" but sitting here thinking, "Yes darling that is lovely that you're off having a wonderful social life, I'll just sit here in my fucking pjs again in agony and wait for you....." <unreasonable rage>

And i joking mentioned to MIL about being a moody hormonal cow and she put "Poor DP" (because poor dp must be having an awful time of it as of late) <unreasonable rage x2)

I must admit I am shockingly weepy/angry about pretty much everything all of the time at the moment blush

ValiumQueen Mon 22-Oct-12 14:50:14

petite updated on other thread. Mum and baby home safe and sound.

horsey I am sure you still look fab x

ValiumQueen Mon 22-Oct-12 14:51:58

tits reasonable rage more like! Poor DP my arse!! ( and I have a big arse!)

katkit1 Mon 22-Oct-12 14:52:23

Thanks apple, yes, it feels very real now. I've packed 4 vests, 4 all in one things, hat, lots of teeny cardis and too many blankets and a snow suit (the bag became full so I stopped). Might have a re-jig and remove some blankets and add some cuter outfits instead.

kirrinIsland Mon 22-Oct-12 14:54:44

YW good luck (thanks for letting us know poppet )

Blimey, I can't believe how many babies are here already! Wish I could join the graduates! It's now been 2 weeks since my WC jab so she can safely arrive now. I'm starting to think I'll go over though.

Welcome kat

That's a really good idea VQ I have a bag to take with me, and a carrier bag with some extras for DP to bring in if needed, but your way sounds much more organised.

I have finally properly sorted the baby clothes, washed the carry cot etc and even managed to get the car seat cover back on the car seat. There are many more things I need to do but sitting on the sofa is winning right now....

Oh yes I'll need to pack cardigans as well. I think baby will need his own bag.

Arghhh, those of you who have decided on names, how have you done it?

I currently have a spreadsheet list with a total of with 12 girls first names, 25 middle names and 11 boys firsts names, 2 middle names confused

fatima By reading out all the boys names in our book until we came across the only one we both loved and could agree on. I was willing to compromise if DP was desperate for a Persian name but luckily he wasn't because I don't like many of them grin

I don't know what we will do if we have another boy in future. Hopefully we'll have a girl next - only because a girls name has been agreed on for years.

Sorry that wasn't a helpful post I know blush i

georgee Mon 22-Oct-12 15:47:14

Thanks for the boxset suggestions Fatima, and MadameGazelle it's good to know that we could always just start again when we get to the end if we don't get any other boxsets! This is our first time through. You're right, the writing is amazing, and also I love the fact that (as an occasional copywriter) there's so much emphasis on comms and writing.

However, a couple of nights ago we watched that episode where Andie gave birth to the twins - I must say it annoyed me that she seemed to get to 10cm dilated without any discomfort or awareness at all that she was in labour (apart from the waters going!). But that's just a small point and was obviously touching on a nerve at the time!

Welcome kat.

On names Fatima I think in the end it comes down to meaningfulness and connections - if you're having trouble deciding then think about what the names mean or whether they remind you of someone in the family, etc, etc. We change our minds all the time and I think we'll probably go to the hospital with a shortlist of 5ish. Last time it took me about three days to decide on our DD's name from that list when she was born. We had the middle name sorted but the first was tricky. You might have to wait and decide afterwards!

Marking my spot!
Blimey YW I think you're due the day after me! Poppet thanks for updating us! Very exciting, when are you and DD planning on going up?

This thread is not accepting new messages.